waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, has anyone had any success filling out form DS-160 on the embassy's website?? :ranting: Supposedly, this online form is now supposed to replace forms DS-156 and DS-157, and they say it has to be filled out and submitted online prior to the interview. You have to take the confirmation page you receive, after you SUCCESSFULLY submit it, to the interview with you. Aldo and I have attempted to fill out this freaking thing 4 different times...each time taking more than 2 hours...and each time something has gone wrong with the embassy's website and we've lost all the info. I'm about to go postal on somebody!!! :girlwerewolf2xn: GRRRR!!!! So, I'm just wondering if anyone has had an interview recently, and if they still accept forms DS-156 and DS-157?? I've lost all patience with this online form! :diablo::help:

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ok, has anyone had any success filling out form DS-160 on the embassy's website?? :ranting: Supposedly, this online form is now supposed to replace forms DS-156 and DS-157, and they say it has to be filled out and submitted online prior to the interview. You have to take the confirmation page you receive, after you SUCCESSFULLY submit it, to the interview with you. Aldo and I have attempted to fill out this freaking thing 4 different times...each time taking more than 2 hours...and each time something has gone wrong with the embassy's website and we've lost all the info. I'm about to go postal on somebody!!! :girlwerewolf2xn: GRRRR!!!! So, I'm just wondering if anyone has had an interview recently, and if they still accept forms DS-156 and DS-157?? I've lost all patience with this online form! :diablo::help:

I was at the embassy for our interview last week! yes you need the 156 & 157

https://evisaforms.state.gov/

Make sure when you print out the 156 you get a bar code printed out too!

marko

Timeline

I was at the embassy for our interview last week! yes you need the 156 & 157

https://evisaforms.state.gov/

Make sure when you print out the 156 you get a bar code printed out too!

marko

Good! I'm so glad they are still accepting those paper forms...thank you so much!

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We will go for a waiver appointment on a Friday, so if they approve it, but happen to be late, are we able to pick up from DHL on Saturday?

June 16, 2008 Mailed I-129F to CA Service Center

June 18, 2008 Your item was delivered at 7:41 AM on June 18, 2008 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

June 20, 2008 Check Cashed

June 24, 2008 Received NOA 1

December 12, 2008 Received NOA 2 - 8:30pm we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Just to double check with you guys. I just got off the phone with a civil surgeon receptionist, she was telling me that i have to have the full medical examination done for alfredo and i was like no, im looking at the I-485 now, it says If you are a K-1 fiance or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year, as required for the nonimmigant fance visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement not the entre medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your form I-485 and she was like well, you need to bring that paper that says that, and his medical examination that he had, and i was like he got it done in mexico, they dont let him keep that, thats what was in the manilla folder he had to give up when he crossed the boarder. That stuff is already sent where it needs to be.

AM i right? should i stick to my guns? shes trying to charge me 300 for a whole new medical examination, and im like no, i just need the supplement, and shes like ok, well its gna be 100 then. but you need to bring all the paperwork that you have showing that he doesnt need the medical examination, and you need to translate the supplement, and bring the directions for the I-485, and i was like ok, fine, thanks... CLICK!!!

What do you guys think?

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hello,

Hi Hi HI. My Fiance Alejandro and I are preparing for his NEW interview appt on March 23rd in Juarez ( since 1st appt was not sucessful) Okay so first time around apprently consular wanted some more documentation from his country ( DR) AND some other paper work from Monterrey, showing he was never married. Can you all give me advice in what other forms I should think of including with Alejandro's forms. Consular at time of 1st appt, KEPT his ds-156 and DS 157, my 2008 tax returns and other stuff...anything else I should consider taking???? Alejandro is currently living in Mexicali Baja California he is going to have to travel to Monterrey to try and get that letter showing he was never married, we have everything that he needed from Dominican republic coming by mail, I just want advice from those who have already been approved or on way to be approved by Juarez Consulate.. AY AY AY AY HELP,,, I want my BOO HOME ALREADY after his appt March 23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracias!!

Marlene :dance:

Timeline
Hello,

Hi Hi HI. My Fiance Alejandro and I are preparing for his NEW interview appt on March 23rd in Juarez ( since 1st appt was not sucessful) Okay so first time around apprently consular wanted some more documentation from his country ( DR) AND some other paper work from Monterrey, showing he was never married. Can you all give me advice in what other forms I should think of including with Alejandro's forms. Consular at time of 1st appt, KEPT his ds-156 and DS 157, my 2008 tax returns and other stuff...anything else I should consider taking???? Alejandro is currently living in Mexicali Baja California he is going to have to travel to Monterrey to try and get that letter showing he was never married, we have everything that he needed from Dominican republic coming by mail, I just want advice from those who have already been approved or on way to be approved by Juarez Consulate.. AY AY AY AY HELP,,, I want my BOO HOME ALREADY after his appt March 23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracias!!

Marlene :dance:

Take a copy of whatever you took the frist time around(all forms) and whatever document they ask you for. Remember to update dates on the forms closer to the interview. Lucky to you!! tell us how it went!

Edited by cici_ortiz

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

Hello All....this is my first post after reading for a few weeks, so go easy on me if this question sounds absurd. I just called the 800 number to ask a few questions about our case. I was told our packet 3 was mailed on 2/19 and that it will arrive in 4 weeks. I know I sound impatient here, but why so long? If the packet has been placed in the mail I wouldn't think it would move that slow.

Timeline
Hello All....this is my first post after reading for a few weeks, so go easy on me if this question sounds absurd. I just called the 800 number to ask a few questions about our case. I was told our packet 3 was mailed on 2/19 and that it will arrive in 4 weeks. I know I sound impatient here, but why so long? If the packet has been placed in the mail I wouldn't think it would move that slow.

You can go to juarez any time now.... you really don't have to wait for it.....go to juarez take your NVC letter tell them that they have alreay mail you packet 3... they will print out the letter for you... look a few pages back on this forum for more information...

Print all the forms on the juarez web site!

ConGrads!!!

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

You can go to juarez any time now.... you really don't have to wait for it.....go to juarez take your NVC letter tell them that they have alreay mail you packet 3... they will print out the letter for you... look a few pages back on this forum for more information...

Print all the forms on the juarez web site!

ConGrads!!!

Much appreciated!! Good luck to you!!

Timeline

Is anyone as concerned as I am about going down to Juarez for the interview in the near future? The news you read is horrible, especially what has happened this past week. Four police officials were killed a few blocks from the Consulate. I called and they said they won't do the interview in another embassy. Under no circumstances do I want my fiance go to Juarez by herself. I'm going down with her and I'm very concerned about being in that city. I hear there are 4,000 Mexican Army troops in the city now. Has anyone been down there recently? How was your experience?

Timeline
Is anyone as concerned as I am about going down to Juarez for the interview in the near future? The news you read is horrible, especially what has happened this past week. Four police officials were killed a few blocks from the Consulate. I called and they said they won't do the interview in another embassy. Under no circumstances do I want my fiance go to Juarez by herself. I'm going down with her and I'm very concerned about being in that city. I hear there are 4,000 Mexican Army troops in the city now. Has anyone been down there recently? How was your experience?

My fiance and I are both concerned about his safety in Juarez as well. We made sure to make reservations at the Holiday Inn right next door to the consulate so that he doesn't have to travel in the rest of the city...just to and from the airport and he will do that by hotel shuttle instead of a taxi. Of course, that's no guarantee. He is going to make sure to stay in the hotel room at all times other than the medical appointment and the embassy interview. I hadn't heard the latest news...that is really scary! I don't blame you for wanting to go there with her. If I were you, I would do that too. With her being a female that puts her in an even more vulnerable position. When is she going for her interview?

I-129F:

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

AOS:

June 2, 2009-NOA

Timeline

My fiance and I are both concerned about his safety in Juarez as well. We made sure to make reservations at the Holiday Inn right next door to the consulate so that he doesn't have to travel in the rest of the city...just to and from the airport and he will do that by hotel shuttle instead of a taxi. Of course, that's no guarantee. He is going to make sure to stay in the hotel room at all times other than the medical appointment and the embassy interview. I hadn't heard the latest news...that is really scary! I don't blame you for wanting to go there with her. If I were you, I would do that too. With her being a female that puts her in an even more vulnerable position. When is she going for her interview?

We are waiting on packet 3, which was mailed on 2/19. Looking at going in April. Yes, she will be in a more vulnerable position considering the fact that she is female. The fact that I have a fair complexion makes me stand out as well, so that concerns me. That is a good plan...to stay in the hotel room at all times except for when it is necessary to leave. If you google "ciudad juarez news" you'll find all of the stuff I've been reading. I'm hoping the military can do some good and at least bring some kind of order inside the city limits. You are exactly right. There are no guarantees. If a group of armed men want to do bad things they will do it and anyone caught in the crossfire is of no concern to them.

Timeline

I actually very scared of going there.... my (L) and I are both going to Juarez there is too much deads and killings to go alone.... :(

PS: :bonk:

I still have :crying: not gotten my Package 3 sent :crying: .... waiting wand waiting

Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.