waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Good for you guys!!! :dance:

So can I go past my expiration date or what do I do?

I am definitely not going to make it before.

i have a NOA2 date of 09-12-2008 i have not received a damn thing yet from the consulate, neither has my fiance in Mexico. at this point i don't think this is normal anymore, im going to try to call the consulate again and let them tell me that they still haven't sent shyt out. anyone else going through this?? it has been 3 and a 1/2 months since NOA2 what should i do ?? when i spoke to the consulate i told them my expiration date is January 01 2009. they said that didn't matter to them.

I feel your pain!!!

When you called the consulate, did they tell you if they had already mailed your packet? They told us they mailed ours one month before we actually received it. I think what happens is that the consulate in Juarez sends an approval packet by FedEX to the other office located in El Paso Texas. It may take some time for El Paso to process the approval and send out the invitation letter and packet. By the way, they use regular US mail so it can take a week for your to get it even after it is mailed from El Paso.

Sorry things are taking so long for you and Diana. 3 1/2 months is a long time to wait for an appointment letter. Since it is an open appointment and taken so long for them to process, I would ask whether they will allow you and Diana to pick it up in Juarez. Other than the invitation letter, there is nothing in the packet that you can not get on the Juarez Consulate website.

USCIS I-129F at VSC

05/08/08 - Filed for I-129F Visa

05/27/08 - NOA1 notification received

09/18/08 - NOA2 Approved

09/24/08 - NVC approval mailed to consulate

CONSULATE

09/24/08 - Consulate received approved petition from NVC

11/29/08 - Packet 3 & 4 received

12/15/08 - Medical Exam

12/16/08 - Interview and Visa Approved!!

12/21/08 - POE at Houston

12/29/08 - Married!!!!!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/26/09 - Social Security Card with married name change

02/10/09 - Vaccinations

02/19/09 - AOS, EAD and AP filed

03/12/09 - AOS transferred to California

03/19/09 - Biometrics

04/22/09 - Green Card Production Ordered

04/23/09 - Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident

04/24/09 - Advance Parole received by mail

04/27/09 - Welcome letter received

04/27/09 - EAD Card received (validity 1 yr)

04/30/09 - Green Card Received by mail

05/08/09 - Social Security Card with employment conditions removed

01/02/10 - Filed I-865 and AR-11 notification of change of address by certified mail

01/05/10 - I-865 and AR-11 receipt notifications

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS - 2011

I got a call around 7:15pm and it was Diana. She sounded quiet so I was like "You got denied?" She was like "ya, I was missing one form and I have to come back in 2 weeks." :crying:

Then she told me she was just joking, she got approved!! :thumbs:

She was out of the embassy by 5pm and she was waiting outside for 4 or 5 hours. I will post a more detailed review luego. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I got a call around 7:15pm and it was Diana. She sounded quiet so I was like "You got denied?" She was like "ya, I was missing one form and I have to come back in 2 weeks." :crying:

Then she told me she was just joking, she got approved!! :thumbs:

She was out of the embassy by 5pm and she was waiting outside for 4 or 5 hours. I will post a more detailed review luego. :dance: :dance: :dance:

FINALLY!!!! Congrats to you two. :dance:

My husband got his AP today. His EAD should be in the mail this week or next week. Woohoo!

Happy new year to everyone!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
My wife spends about 50 to 75 bucks a month calling her mom. We have a plan with At&t that has international calling. It is about 9 cents per minute. The plan adds 5 bucks per month to our phone plan. If they ever get VOIP phones in Mexico I will probably buy one for her parents and pay for the internet service. It will be cheaper than her monthly phone bills.

Talbert-- Skype has a plan where you can call landlines unlimited for $5.95/month to Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey. Outside of those three cities it is 2 cents / minute. And Skype always has free Skype to Skype. I am assuming you have the internet so all you need to do is get a microphone. Then if your wife's parents have the internet too, all they would need is a microphone. Then you each go to http://www.skype.com and register a name (for free) and you can talk unlimited (for free), as often as you want.

Here is the $5.95/month 2 cents/minute plan to landlines, 20 cents/minute to cell phones: http://skype.com/allfeatures/subscriptions/mexico/

Thanks I will try that. Congratulations!

My wife spends about 50 to 75 bucks a month calling her mom. We have a plan with At&t that has international calling. It is about 9 cents per minute. The plan adds 5 bucks per month to our phone plan. If they ever get VOIP phones in Mexico I will probably buy one for her parents and pay for the internet service. It will be cheaper than her monthly phone bills.

Talbert-- Skype has a plan where you can call landlines unlimited for $5.95/month to Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey. Outside of those three cities it is 2 cents / minute. And Skype always has free Skype to Skype. I am assuming you have the internet so all you need to do is get a microphone. Then if your wife's parents have the internet too, all they would need is a microphone. Then you each go to http://www.skype.com and register a name (for free) and you can talk unlimited (for free), as often as you want.

Here is the $5.95/month 2 cents/minute plan to landlines, 20 cents/minute to cell phones: http://skype.com/allfeatures/subscriptions/mexico/

Thanks I will try that. Congratulations!

I've been using Skype for a year or so, and it's great. Having the service to Mexico is nice, because it's about the same as using a 2 cents/minute calling card.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

i have a NOA2 date of 09-12-2008 i have not received a damn thing yet from the consulate, neither has my fiance in Mexico. at this point i don't think this is normal anymore, im going to try to call the consulate again and let them tell me that they still haven't sent shyt out. anyone else going through this?? it has been 3 and a 1/2 months since NOA2 what should i do ?? when i spoke to the consulate i told them my expiration date is January 01 2009. they said that didn't matter to them.

I feel your pain!!!

When you called the consulate, did they tell you if they had already mailed your packet? They told us they mailed ours one month before we actually received it. I think what happens is that the consulate in Juarez sends an approval packet by FedEX to the other office located in El Paso Texas. It may take some time for El Paso to process the approval and send out the invitation letter and packet. By the way, they use regular US mail so it can take a week for your to get it even after it is mailed from El Paso.

Sorry things are taking so long for you and Diana. 3 1/2 months is a long time to wait for an appointment letter. Since it is an open appointment and taken so long for them to process, I would ask whether they will allow you and Diana to pick it up in Juarez. Other than the invitation letter, there is nothing in the packet that you can not get on the Juarez Consulate website.

Finally received an invite letter from the Juarez Consulate on Jan 2nd! So things are working there!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone...we received our NOA2 on Dec. 16, and we are planning our wedding date as April 18. I felt like that date would give us plenty of time to receive the invitation letter and for Aldo to go for the interview, but after reading that some of you have been waiting 3+ months for the invitation letter, I am getting a little worried that we won't make that date now. What do you guys think?? :help:

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Did not mean to do a double post like that....

Anyways, I am glad that I bought her ticket yesterday to Acapulco because there are no tickets available right now!!

To clear things up a bit Diana got to the embassy at 8am and said she was waiting outside for almost 5 hours in the cold before being allowed in. Then everything went smoothly and she made it out with her visa by 5pm. They asked her very basic questions (How did you meet? What does he do? etcetera)

When is Diana flyinh to the US?

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I feel your pain!!!

Finally received an invite letter from the Juarez Consulate on Jan 2nd! So things are working there!

In our invitation letter it said go to this website,

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/immigr...ance-forms.html

for important information and instructions about the medical exam. BUT the website doesn't load? Has anyone else received this letter and been able to open the webpage?

Thanks,

Marko

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

my fiance has been approved for an interview at ciudad juarez. i called the consulate and found out they had mailed out the packet of info on december 18th 2008. my fiance still has not received anything, neither have i.

i called the consulate and they told me if we are ready just go online download the forms and go to the consulate and they will print out your invitation letter because my fiance has already been considered for an interview. - i just want to double check that with you guys.

also i went to this website http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html to download the forms because i found that website in this forum and i cant download form DS-156K, is this needed for my fiances interview at ciudad juarez or not?? just to be on the safe side does anyone have an exact check list of all documents needed for this interview ?? i have the following.

1. letter from my job

2. letter from bank on savings and checking accounts

3. complete i-134 form - ( i used the new form with no notarization needed supposedly)

4. copy of NOA2 & NOA1

5. year 2007 taxes complete copy

6. Copy of both Birth Certificates in black and white

7. proof of ongoing relationship - im still working on this.

8. copy of NVC letter stating ciudad juarez case number

p.s. my fiance has a complete copy of all forms submitted for the I-129F

I-129F Sent : 05-08-08

VSC Recieved I-129F: 05-10-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 05-20-2008

Check Cleared: 05-23-2008

Touched : 06-26-2008

Touched : 06-27-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 09-12-2008

NVC Received: 09-17-2008

Consulate Received : 10-10-2008

Consulate Mailed Packet to Fiance : 12-18-2008 - PACKET NEVER ARRIVED

Medical Exams In Juarez : 01-15-2009

Consulate Interview : 01-16-2009

Visa Finally Granted : 01-21-2009 - AFTER CONSULATE LOST PASSPORT FOR A FEW DAYS !!!!!!

POE at JFK Airport in New York : 02-01-2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
Did not mean to do a double post like that....

Anyways, I am glad that I bought her ticket yesterday to Acapulco because there are no tickets available right now!!

To clear things up a bit Diana got to the embassy at 8am and said she was waiting outside for almost 5 hours in the cold before being allowed in. Then everything went smoothly and she made it out with her visa by 5pm. They asked her very basic questions (How did you meet? What does he do? etcetera)

When is Diana flyinh to the US?

She came through JFK yesterday, 01/08/09! So far so good and she also received the EAD stamp which is good for 100 days (expires April 18th!)

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I put pics up on this site under the gallery if anyone wants to see them.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline

ok everybody im going to ciudad juarez this week and i need your advice. i am the male USC and my fiance lives in puebla mexico. my fiances packet was mailed out on december 18th 2008 and neither my fiance or myself have received anything. i spoke to the consulate and they told me sometimes things get lost in the mail so its ok to download the forms online and go to the consulate and request them to print out the invitation letter......... i want to know if anybody has had experience in this?? because i dont know if i should go to the medical clinic first and explain that to them or go straight to the consulate first and explain that...... anybody have any advice on this ??

because if my fiance goes to the consulate first then they print out the invitation letter she probably wont come out in time to do the medical the same day and we might lose a whole day of processing which sucks. any help appreciated.

Visa Finally Granted : 01-21-2009 - AFTER CONSULATE LOST PASSPORT FOR A FEW DAYS !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What's the CHEAPEST way to contact the embassy? By getting a PIN within Mexico is it just a one time $10 fee and then you can call as many times as you need to? Advice please! :D

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

ok everybody im going to ciudad juarez this week and i need your advice. i am the male USC and my fiance lives in puebla mexico. my fiances packet was mailed out on december 18th 2008 and neither my fiance or myself have received anything. i spoke to the consulate and they told me sometimes things get lost in the mail so its ok to download the forms online and go to the consulate and request them to print out the invitation letter......... i want to know if anybody has had experience in this?? because i dont know if i should go to the medical clinic first and explain that to them or go straight to the consulate first and explain that...... anybody have any advice on this ??

because if my fiance goes to the consulate first then they print out the invitation letter she probably wont come out in time to do the medical the same day and we might lose a whole day of processing which sucks. any help appreciated.

I'm really not too familiar with this situation, maybe someone else can you give some insight. One thing I can tell you is that the invitation letter (or appointment letter) takes a LONG time to receive. My husband received the invitation letter AFTER his appointment, he was already in the US when his mom told us the packet arrived. The invitation letter should be arriving soon to the US address (pertaining it didn't get lost in the mail). I would wait one more week.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

ok everybody i am back in the good old USA, i went to juarez with my fiance on january 20th, we did not receive the appointment letter yet i know it was mailed out because i called the consulate. for anybody in the future who is in this situation this is what you are to do. go to the consulate at 7:30AM this is the time INFORMATION opens. stand in line and present the letter from NVC stating the USA case number and juarez case number. once he enters the number tell him you have not received your invitation letter but know you have been approved for an interview. he will print the letter out for you and you can proceed to the medical clinic for your exams.

on the 21th i went to get my letter printed out and the consulate was closed because they said they were behind on applications and needed an administrative day where no one was allowed in. so on the 22nd we went back and got the letter, then finished her medical exams within 30 minutes !!!. no vaccinations are needed for fiance K-1 Visa. they told her to come back in 1 hour for an interview with a psychologists and we were worried so we went back, then she waited 2 hours and asked how much longer, and they told her it was a mistake she didnt need a psychologist..... what a waste of time. anyways we paid the $148.00 US and went back at 2pm for her results all was good.

our appointment letter had an open interview from 8am to 10am so we arrived at 8am on the 23rd and my fiance diana got on line and entered the consulate around 8:30am. no makeup, liquids or electronic devices allowed inside. i waited outside until she came out at 2:30pm she came out with a tracking number from DHL the consualte said we had to pick up her papers from the DHL center when it was ready. so we kept calling and the consulate had not sent it that day. so the consulate was closed on the 24th saturday, closed on the 25th sunday, and then closed on the 26th for martin luther king day, and on tuesday the 27th DHL had received the packet and we went to pick it up at 5pm and when we opened the packet, it had my fiances papers and the WRONG passport inside. we were devastated and figured how could the consulate make such a BIG MISTAKE ??, the next morning the 28th we lined up at the consulate at 7:30 on the information line. we told the guy how we got the wrong passport in the packet and my fiance went inside. i waited till 11:30 and she came out with the documents from DHL and her own passport with the VISA imprinted !!!! the end of my adventure.

documents the were asked of and required

DS-156 2 COPIES UNSIGNED

DS-157 2 COPIES UNSIGNED

CDJ-402 HER SIGNATURE NOT MINE

PASSPORT

4 PASSPORT PICTURES

MEXICAN ID - CREDENCIAL

FIANCE LETTER OF INTENT 1 FOR EACH WITH NEW RECENT DATE

COPY OF 2007 TAXES

LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT

PROOF OF ONGOING RELATIONSHIP - included pictures and phone records and copies of flight intineraries

PAY STUBS - I BROUGHT LAST 2 MONTHS, THEY CHECKED ALL

when my fiance was asked if there's any more proof of relationship she showed her 1.04ct engagement ring

Edited by TiRaMeELDeMBou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.