waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
alfredo has a 'go' phone, and it worked in mexico. It didnt charge extra to send or recieve text messages and calling didnt cost extra either. it costs the same here as it does there, plus, you can load money on the phone without physically having the phone with you, like when alfredo was in mexico, he needed more money on his phone, so i loaded $15 onto his phone, and they send you a free text message letting know your updated account balance. It worked in juarez, but also in alfredo's home town, which is like the center of mexico in the mountains.

How much per minute do they charge for the Gophones? I might buy my wife's parents one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
I found this really cool way to call Mexico, it's called Jajah at www.jajah.com and it costs only 6.4 5.8 cents per minute. You can call from your cell phone, land line, or computer.

Nice! The website is showing that it costs 5.8/minute to a landline, thanks for sharing the nice find.

The problem with Diana and I is that we are in a no win situation with phone calls because Diana's mom doesn't have a landline, she only has a cell phone. JaJah charges 31.6 cents per minute to a cell phone... Now if she could just get the internet in her house Diana and her mom could talk for free on Skype.

Edited by Confucian

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I will have to see how much it costs to call, but i know its not alot because it charges the same in the U.S as it does in mexico, and if it costed too much, no1 would have them, and i know all the mexicans i know have 'go' phones, they are easy to keep up with, there is no contract, and you pay for what you use! i will ask alfredo, or even look online for you so you can decide if you want to buy them for your inlaws.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Timeline
I found this really cool way to call Mexico, it's called Jajah at www.jajah.com and it costs only 6.4 5.8 cents per minute. You can call from your cell phone, land line, or computer.

Nice! The website is showing that it costs 5.8/minute to a landline, thanks for sharing the nice find.

The problem with Diana and I is that we are in a no win situation with phone calls because Diana's mom doesn't have a landline, she only has a cell phone. JaJah charges 31.6 cents per minute to a cell phone... Now if she could just get the internet in her house Diana and her mom could talk for free on Skype.

My wife spends about 50 to 75 bucks a month calling her mom. We have a plan with At&t that has international calling. It is about 9 cents per minute. The plan adds 5 bucks per month to our phone plan. If they ever get VOIP phones in Mexico I will probably buy one for her parents and pay for the internet service. It will be cheaper than her monthly phone bills.

Timeline
I will have to see how much it costs to call, but i know its not alot because it charges the same in the U.S as it does in mexico, and if it costed too much, no1 would have them, and i know all the mexicans i know have 'go' phones, they are easy to keep up with, there is no contract, and you pay for what you use! i will ask alfredo, or even look online for you so you can decide if you want to buy them for your inlaws.

The cell phone my wife had when she lived there was a pay as you go type phone which her mom has now but the minutes are expensive compared to plans like we have in the US.

Timeline

The cell phone my wife had when she lived there was a pay as you go type phone which her mom has now but the minutes are expensive compared to plans like we have in the US.

My fiancée pays 10 pesos for 20 minutes. If she talks to me for 5 minutes she still pays 10 pesos, and if she goes 1 second over 20 minutes she pays 20 pesos. She uses the movistar cell phone.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Yeah, congrats on the APPROVAL Kristina!!!! You will finally be at peace now!

Best of luck to those of you still waiting.

We used to communicate with Nextel (radio walkie talkie), I only paid 30 dollars a month for his phone. We talked ALL DAY....it was great. This made it a little bit easier on us, since we were constantly on the phone. After he came back, we kept them, so our cell phone provider is Nextel. Nextel also has a plan called "across the border" (I think). I pay $5.00 bucks a month, and calls to Mexico are only 5 cents per minute. So I can call my relatives in Mexico for 5 cents. My mother and father live in Mexico, and they also have a Nextel phone and only pay $30 a month for unlimited walkie talkie.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Im new here, i applied for the fiance visa in may, we have been approved since october 11,

My question is, the packet that she has says she needs a Mexican passport, original and duplicate of her birth certificate to take to the Juarez consulate.

She recently applied for and recieved her passport, but she turned in her original birth cert. in order to recieve her passport. Shes in reynosa now, is she going to have to go back to her pueblo to get an original copy or can she just take a black and white copy, i need to know, this is what is holding me back from leaving this weekend

Timeline
Im new here, i applied for the fiance visa in may, we have been approved since october 11,

My question is, the packet that she has says she needs a Mexican passport, original and duplicate of her birth certificate to take to the Juarez consulate.

She recently applied for and recieved her passport, but she turned in her original birth cert. in order to recieve her passport. Shes in reynosa now, is she going to have to go back to her pueblo to get an original copy or can she just take a black and white copy, i need to know, this is what is holding me back from leaving this weekend

You need the original, and probably at least 2 original copies. You will for sure need her original birth certificate when she comes into the US and applies for her social security #, driver's license, AOS, etc.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Hey guys, this is what they asked of alfredo, i will be posting alfredo's experience soon.

I know have the folder i gave alfredo to take with him to mexico. This is a list of all the stuff that was required.

1) Alfredo's invitation letter

2) My I-134, along with my moms and my step dads

3) DS-156 filled out, NOT SIGNED (2 copies)

4) DS-156K filled out, NOT SIGNED (2 copies)

5) DS-157 filled out, (2 copies)

6) CDJ-402 filled out, NOT SIGNED (2 copies)

7) Alfredo's passport pictures

8) Proof of relationship

consisting of 57 pictures, a used calling card, the original of a envelope alfredo sent me stuff in, my E-ticket, a copy of alfredo's truck insurance bill with his address on it (to establish he lives with my parents), 3 rent receipts (showing he lives with my parents), and a copy of my check that i used to help him pay for his insurance, a letter from his mother in mexico (saying that she has met me, and likes me, and that I'm a good woman, and thinks i would make a good wife for alfredo)

9) Alfredo's birth certificate, original AND copy

10) I-797C Notice of action (Original AND copy)

11) My intent to marry letter (2 copies)

12) Alfredo's passport

13) Alfredo's police report

14) Banomex receipt

Of all the stuff that was 'required', they only took (or wanted to see) the bolded and highlighted stuff. They didnt even want to see the rest of the stuff that we had, They DID look at our proof of relationship, which is something that in previous fiance cases i hadn't heard of, but they did with us.

Also, alfredo was number 5,110 just for the fiance visa section, b/c there are different sections in the new consulate where people applying for different visas have to go, well just from the fiance visa, there were that many people there, that might be why it took him 12 hours to actually get his visa.

They did not want to even look at alfredo's letters from his jobs here, saying that he has worked here, and how much money he makes , and they didnt want my parents I-134s even though i dont make enough money to support alfredo by myself, they didnt seem to care, they lookd at the paper and said it was fine.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

APPROVED!!!!

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Kristina, yay for you two! now you can spend Christmas and New Yr's and all the other future holidays together!

Same for you Caity!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Thanks every1. I have a quick question. Usually, the fiance visa applicants, once they get here, cannot work until they get permision sent to them b/c they need a social security number and everything to be able to work. HOWEVER, alfredo has been here for the last 3 years on h2b visas, and he already has a legal, valid social security number, even though it is for work only, can he use that until we get the fiance permission to work?

Has anybody heard of a case like this or read anything about it? I have been looking but i cant find anything like this, and i dont want to do something that might jepardize our chance of AOS later on.

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thanks every1. I have a quick question. Usually, the fiance visa applicants, once they get here, cannot work until they get permision sent to them b/c they need a social security number and everything to be able to work. HOWEVER, alfredo has been here for the last 3 years on h2b visas, and he already has a legal, valid social security number, even though it is for work only, can he use that until we get the fiance permission to work?

Has anybody heard of a case like this or read anything about it? I have been looking but i cant find anything like this, and i dont want to do something that might jepardize our chance of AOS later on.

I am wondering the exact same thing. Aldo has also worked on an H2B for the past 3 years and has a SS#, but it seems like I've read somewhere that they can't work with the SS# alone. They also have to have either a valid work authorization stamp in their passport (which I think they get each time they come on the H2B) or an EAD. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Timeline

Really the only one that could get in trouble would be the employer if they were caught. If they are using a valid SSN for themself and already have a job they may let you work if they don't ask for new documents? If you are trying to get a new job then you won't be able to work because you won't have the needed documents for employment.

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

i have a question for you, and its really important, i am thinking of calling USCIS and TRYING to get an answer out of them, although they are pains and always give me the 'i cant answer that' line,

Alfredo and i went to his job today, his landscaping job, and his boss says that (because his boss got alfredo another H2b visa EXTENSION, even though he knew we were doing the fiance visa) he says that alfredo is supposed to, and can legally, and in other words MUST work for him at that job. Alfredo is here on the fiance visa, but his job also got him an H2b visa EXTENSION, and his papers are current as far as the SS# and such, but i am afraid to let alfredo work and get caught, although i dont understand why he wouldnt be able to because he has VALID CURRENT info.

But here was the only part that scared me, (please tell me what you think about the situation, and alfredo working at his landscaping job before you consider this part that his boss told me).......... His boss said that he has until Jan. 5th to work for him (b/c that is when they reopen) and if he isnt back by then, he has until Jan.12th (b/c of the h2b visa, they let the men travel back to mexico to visit their families, and that is THEIR deadline, so that is why he gave us the second date) if alfredo is not back working with him Jan. 12th, his boss said that he legally has to report alfredo for not reporting to work, and that technically, he will be considered missing, and the gov. will be looking for him. I dont want alfredo to have problems with that either. I think with everything that his boss is saying, that it would be legal to work for him because alfredo is in the U.S on the fiance visa, but his work just extended the H2b visa, and he doesnt have to 'enter' on it inorder for it to be extended, they just give him an I-797 notice of action of the extension of the visa.

I am kind of caught between two problems. Let alfredo work with the extension of his visa, so he avoids problems with being reported by his boss for not showing up and making money during the fiance visa process on valid SS# and info............or..................Dont let him work, and have alfredo get reported by his boss for not showing up to work and pretty much be a MMIA, a (missing mexican in action) haha.

Please let me know what you think,... anybody.

APPROVED!!!!

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.