waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello to everyone,

I just recieved my wife's interview date letter for Juarez and it is set for 12/19/2008 at 11:45am. I am going the I-130 route and was surprised at the time of the interview because at the old consulate interviews were always at 8:00am or 9:00am in the morning for the I-130s.

Maybe with the new consulate my wife will not have to wait as long to get her visa. One thing that does worry me is the medical exam, is the consulate going to start using new medical centers to conduct the exams?????? It would be nice to be able to tell my wife where she can go to get her exam. Hope the medical centers performing the exams are not to far from the consulate.

Oh, and don't mind my timeline it is not acurate and I will correct it soon.

Thanks to everyone for all the help on this thread.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I gota quick question for all those who have already completed the ciudad juarez interview, I have approximately 31 pictures of me and alfredo, plus the original envelope that he sent me a letter in, and 1 of the billions of calling cards that i used to talk to him in mexico. I also have a copy of a check that i used to pay for alfredo's car insurance, and also a copy of his insurance bill that shows that he is living with my mom. What do you guys think about this proof of relationship? is it ok? or sufficient? or do i need more? If so, more of what specifically?

I spent 2 months in mexico over the summer and i was there last christmas too, i just included the pictures of me and him together, do you guys think i should include pics of mexico or anything ot prove that i was there? Alfredo is going to be going to mexico the 12th or 13th of december so im starting to stress and double check everything.

Let me know what you guys think!!! THANKS

Do you have any emails? Or more letters? Any plane tickets/e-tickets? I basically had him bring everything that could prove our relationship. However- the consul did not ask to see ANYTHING he brought. That might be because she had the original 129F with her and I had included a lot of proof with that as well. Just have him bring everything you can think of.

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Ok, thanks, i can make copies of 1 of the e-tickets i still have (the 1 where i spent 2 months in mexico), and try to take some more pics but its hard to take pics everywhere we go. I also have a copy of his truck title which is in my name, i think that might be able to prove relationship too as well as financial support. The thing is we didnt mail eachother anything except for that one time and as far as email, hes poor in mexico, he doesnt have a computer and he doesnt have an email, so we didnt do that. The main thing i did was call him ALL THE TIME. Do you think maybe a cell phone bill with his cell number on it would be ok?

Also, I spent 2 months in mexico over the summer and i was there last christmas too, i just included the pictures of me and him together, do you guys think i should include pics of mexico or of his family because i have a bunch of that stuff to, i just wasnt planning on including it because it didnt have US TOGETHER in the pictures. What do you think? :unsure:

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received my NOA2 OCT 10th, waiting for"something" from CDJ, your advise is not to just go there? I read about people calling but the number they advise to use from the states doesn't work? 900-227-3000...what do you suggest, just wait?

marko

I thought all the fiance forms (DS-156, etc.) were now to be completed online and that you do not have to wait for the packet. I mean you do have to wait for the official NOA2 and forms from NVC. But, the packet from Juarez you don't have to wait for. Once they have the information and you have your stuff together, you can go to Juarez.

You can download all of the forms online - and you're right that the DS-156K needs to be done online with the barcode generated. But you need to wait until you receive the packet because the official "we have received your file" letter is in the packet and this is necessary for the medical and the interview. If they have not completed processing of your file and sent the official letter, then it's not ok to go. You may be confused by the fact that CDJ doesn't require appointments for fiances - but that doesn't mean you can go when you are ready - they still have to be ready. Also, there are no forms from the NVC - everything comes directly from CDJ.

In the past people have gone without it and waited in line at the information booth to get a copy, but I feel like that is risky. (One poster said he waited for 5 hours).

An update from Laurel Scott, an attorney who deals with CDJ and waivers, regarding their new policy on waivers (very very irritating):

Update on Juarez:

Processing times have increased from 6-9 months to 10+ months. OIC (officer-in-charge) has requested that all I-601ers not file ANY inquiries until it has been 11+ months since you filed your waiver. The consulate is no longer accepting the I-601 waiver application on the day of the K visa or immigrant visa interview. They are now requiring everyone to come back for a second interview to file. While I have not yet gotten any denials through USCIS-Juarez, other attorneys have reported to me that their approval rates have plummeted and that they've had a marked increase of clients approaching them following a denial of their pro se filings (note: a "pro se" filing is something a person files without using an attorney). When the OIC saw that I was telling everyone that Juarez was the easiest office to get an I-601 approval abroad, he asked me to be careful not to give anyone the impression that the I-601 process in Juarez is a 'formality'; i.e. you have to PROVE your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
I received my NOA2 OCT 10th, waiting for"something" from CDJ, your advise is not to just go there? I read about people calling but the number they advise to use from the states doesn't work? 900-227-3000...what do you suggest, just wait?

marko

You are right on schedule...Should be roughly 2-3 weeks until NVC gets your package....They will forward it to the Juarez Consulate (3-4 days)....Then packet 3 will arrive in the mail roughly 4 ways later....You probably have another 2 weeks to wait, 3 weeks max.

Edited by Confucian

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

marko

You are right on schedule...Should be roughly 2-3 weeks until NVC gets your package....They will forward it to the Juarez Consulate (3-4 days)....Then packet 3 will arrive in the mail roughly 4 wEEKS later....You probably have another 2 weeks to wait, 3 weeks max.

This is just my prediction, nothing more, applying my time line to yours...You received your NOA 2 on October 10th, so roughly speaking, NVC should have received your papers around Halloween....3 or 4 days later it should have been forwarded to the Juarez Consulate...It takes Juarez about 3 or 4 weeks to send packet 3...So expect something in the mail late late November or early December

...I know this might now be what you were hoping to hear, but look at my time line, I filed in September of 2007 and still don't have my interview!

Edited by Confucian

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Thanks for replying, Some people say just print out the forms and go there? Others say that you NEED the package from Juarez, OTHERS say that they never received their package? I have to go to Mexico Dec 1-15, I tried calling the Consulate but the number they give out doesn't work? I guess I will just wait unless someone sends me a telephone #

thanks

marko

You are right on schedule...Should be roughly 2-3 weeks until NVC gets your package....They will forward it to the Juarez Consulate (3-4 days)....Then packet 3 will arrive in the mail roughly 4 wEEKS later....You probably have another 2 weeks to wait, 3 weeks max.

This is just my prediction, nothing more, applying my time line to yours...You received your NOA 2 on October 10th, so roughly speaking, NVC should have received your papers around Halloween....3 or 4 days later it should have been forwarded to the Juarez Consulate...It takes Juarez about 3 or 4 weeks to send packet 3...So expect something in the mail late late November or early December

...I know this might now be what you were hoping to hear, but look at my time line, I filed in September of 2007 and still don't have my interview!

Buggy im sure everything will work out for you. Ciudad juarez didnt even bother sending alfredo his fiance packet and invitation letter, or anything, they sent it to me, TWICE, but thank got hes here on an h2b visa everything worked out. Im sure everything will be fine even if ciudad juarez does kinda do things backwards.

"Tall, dark and handsome with an amazing smile. He gave me butterflies every time he looked my way. I knew he was the one."- Me

I-129F NOA1 : April 5, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : April 28, 2008

NVC Left : Aug.18, 2008

Packet 3 Received: Sept. 3, 2008

Interview Date : Dec. 18, 2008

APPROVED!!!!

Dec. 19, 2008- Alfredo comes home!

Jan. 5, 2009: Alfredo and I become husband and Wife

March 10, 2009 AOS paperwork sent, will wait for it to arrive via tracking #

March 12, 2009 AOS paperwork arrives in Chicago

March 23, 2009 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

March 30, 2009-Biometrics letter received, appt date April 10th @11am philly office

April 10, 2009-Biometrics appt. done, in and out in 15 minutes

Nov. 18, 2009-Card production ordered

9q7SPs.jpg

weddingpics082-1.jpg

IgJym4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thanks for replying, Some people say just print out the forms and go there? Others say that you NEED the package from Juarez, OTHERS say that they never received their package? I have to go to Mexico Dec 1-15, I tried calling the Consulate but the number they give out doesn't work? I guess I will just wait unless someone sends me a telephone #

thanks

I tried to call the consulate as well (a while ago) from my cellphone, but was unable. I know people have successfully gotten through, but they were using landlines- so maybe if you are calling from a cellphone it won't work. Since it didn't work, I had my fiance in Mexico call them.

Also- the only thing you NEED from that packet that they send you is the invitation letter. I would highly recommend that you use the forms off the website to fill out, so you can do that now. And then you just need to wait for the infamous invitation letter. Good luck!

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline

thanks

I tried to call the consulate as well (a while ago) from my cellphone, but was unable. I know people have successfully gotten through, but they were using landlines- so maybe if you are calling from a cellphone it won't work. Since it didn't work, I had my fiance in Mexico call them.

Also- the only thing you NEED from that packet that they send you is the invitation letter. I would highly recommend that you use the forms off the website to fill out, so you can do that now. And then you just need to wait for the infamous invitation letter. Good luck!

So you are saying that we SHOULD NOT go to Juarez unless I have received MY package or my Fiance's with an invitation letter! Just wait for it!

marko

Timeline

thanks

So you are saying that we SHOULD NOT go to Juarez unless I have received MY package or my Fiance's with an invitation letter! Just wait for it!

marko

One more ?...has anyone from the US side gotten through to the new consulate using the numbers that they publish? or with another number since they opened? Could you post that number? thanks again

marko (deep breath - patience)

Timeline

thanks

marko

One more ?...has anyone from the US side gotten through to the new consulate using the numbers that they publish? or with another number since they opened? Could you post that number? thanks again

marko (deep breath - patience)

ABSOLUTELY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you go to Juarez WITHOUT the invitation letter. They will not let you into the building without it. It will arrive to the US address soon. In the meantime, fill out the I-134 Affidavit of Support and take it to your local bank for them to notarize it. Also, print out the DS-156 and fill that out (4 duplicate copies), print out two "intent to marry" forms with a more recent date (one signed by the USC and one signed by the MC), make sure your paperwork is in order...As soon as you get the invitation letter, you can go to Juarez for the medical/interview. You can go to Juarez the very next day if you like...

Edited by Confucian

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

thanks

That's right, the cell phone will not go through. I even called my cell phone provider, and they told me I had to use a landline to call that number.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

thanks

That's right, the cell phone will not go through. I even called my cell phone provider, and they told me I had to use a landline to call that number.

I am just going to be patient, actually I DID use a land line! Buut the numbers they give out for visas say that they are not in use? Thats why I was trying to find someone who had gotten throuogh and with which number? Congratulations on your marriage!

marko

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am just going to be patient, actually I DID use a land line! Buut the numbers they give out for visas say that they are not in use? Thats why I was trying to find someone who had gotten throuogh and with which number? Congratulations on your marriage!

marko

This is the information from the Juarez Consulate's website:

Applicants in Mexico: 01-900-849-4949.

Those who cannot call the 01-900 number and who have a credit card can call 01-477-788-7070.

Applicants in the U.S.: 1-900-476-1212 with a cost of US$1.25 per minute.

1-800-919-1754 with a cost of US$7.00 per call payable by Visa or MasterCard.

The number in Mexico is the same for all visa applicants, regardless of type or location, like a general "call center". However, I have no idea how it works from the US.. But maybe you had the wrong number?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.