waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

jmmr good luck with your trip to mex i hope everything goes good also your fiance also gets the packet in mexico but you get it faster. i got mine like in 2 and a half weeks my wife got it like 2 weeks after the interview

good luck

Hello again! And hello CAITY! How is your vacation with your hubby? Are you having a great time? :innocent:

I would like to start preparing for the interview.... It seems that NVC has shipped our case to CDJ (not 100% sure- I used the DHL website from another forum) ANYWAYS! :P After CDJ Receives my petition...how long after that will Jorge receive the packet. Another question...I talked to this woman lady who "helped" us at the beginning, and she told me that I'm the one who receives the packet, not him..... and that i HAVE to go to mexico. I'm probably going to end up going after all... on another (k1) forum, they keep telling me that I don't HAVE to go and that he does receive the packet. I just wanted to hear your guys' opinion as well. I am getting very excited but I keep looking at people's timelines from the past and it looks like it takes a month for him to get the packet after CDJ receives it? On several it was about 2 weeks. Does anyone have an estimate? I was hoping it would be like 1-2 weeks :bonk:

So far the only thing I KNOW i have to prepare is:

Fiancée Packet

Fee Information, form CDJ 446

Instructions, form CDJ 400

Statement of Intent to Marry, form CDJ 402

Form DS-156K

Form CDJ 430

Medical Examination Instructions, form Mexwide 202 K

Public Charge Information, form OF-167

I copied/pasted that from the website.

is there anything I am missing? I think my affidavit of support? But anything else?

Thanks everybody!!!!! I appreciate any input.

:D

Don't forget a copy of the NOA2

the open appointment letter

copy of your birth certificate and his original & copy

his passport (even though that's mentioned in the CDJ website's instructions, it's easy to forget; and a copy of your passport if you birth certificate doesn't make it clear that you are a US citizen)

yes to your affidavit of support (notarized, and even though it isn't required on there, it makes the the financial part easier) with tax transcripts and/or w2s with 1040 tax forms

his DS157 & copy (unsigned. it doesn't mention this on the CDJ site but it's needed)

his 2 passport style photos, which the consulate may or may not accept (there's a photo place across the street from the consulate to re-take photos that come with a guarantee that the consulate will accept them)

also your Intent to Marry, signed (his should be unsigned)

medical exam results

...and current letters/phone bills/photos/etc from the time you sent the petition to now. It'd also be a good thing to have old evidence you didn't include in the original petition just in case they have some weird issue about how long you've actually known each other.

As for you going to CDJ, it'll be nice for you to go for support, but US citizens aren't even allowed inside. In this thread, only 2 or 3 people got in because the consular questioned the validity of their relationship, and the next day the citizen came to prove they were wrong, and then the visa was issued. On average, it takes 4-6 wks for you to receive the fiance packet. It gets sent to both of you guys, but usually you only get it since the mail system in MX is bad.

When are you planning to go? Brian, Chaz, and I might be there around the same time or within just a few wks of each other.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for that list. IT's great! I doubt I will be going down there. I can't afford it! I'm broke! :angry::star: No, seriously though. We have discussed this many times whether or not i should go, and so far we think saving the 700 dollars is a better decision than to spend it so that I wait outside. I have only been to MX once and it scared me a lot. I don't want to be by myself... :unsure: ...... I am sure I can get the time off but it depends on whehter or not school starts at the time of the interview or not. (Sept 22). I wish I was going, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen! :blink:

4-6 weeks :crying: I don't want to wait anymore :crying::blush: I'm feeling so frustrated :(. I actually thought it would be less than 6 weeks for him to arrive...but I'm changing that #. :whistle:

I am happy that our case has now been forwarded to CDJ :thumbs: I confirmed it today by making a quick phone call! So happy about that. Caity-yours is on its way!

GOod luck everybody ! :) And thanks for your response NM123

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Thanks for that list. IT's great! I doubt I will be going down there. I can't afford it! I'm broke! :angry::star: No, seriously though. We have discussed this many times whether or not i should go, and so far we think saving the 700 dollars is a better decision than to spend it so that I wait outside. I have only been to MX once and it scared me a lot. I don't want to be by myself... :unsure: ...... I am sure I can get the time off but it depends on whehter or not school starts at the time of the interview or not. (Sept 22). I wish I was going, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen! :blink:

4-6 weeks :crying: I don't want to wait anymore :crying::blush: I'm feeling so frustrated :(. I actually thought it would be less than 6 weeks for him to arrive...but I'm changing that #. :whistle:

I am happy that our case has now been forwarded to CDJ :thumbs: I confirmed it today by making a quick phone call! So happy about that. Caity-yours is on its way!

No problem! I can't remember if it was you or someone other girl who posted a question about safety in Juarez, but one thing you could do is just stay in El Paso while your fiance has his interview and then just be available if you're needed. And hey... I'm an advocate for smart use of credit cards, and I think this qualifies. It's not like you're going out drinking and partying with your friends, and buying crazy purses & shoes; you're out to get your man!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Maria,

I know you are frustrated. But just keep apartment shopping in your freetime, it will make the time pass faster :) Also, we have to consider ourselves lucky- being approved only 4 months after sending the petition! Just think, with the way CSC had been moving previously, you could have been still waiting for your approval in September. Instead, Jorge will be going to CDJ for his interview :)

Thanks, I hope mine goes to CDJ soon also!

Take care!

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline

That is very true Caity. We all did get pretty lucky! :thumbs: Four months isn't that shabby!! I totally can see the safety being an issue in Juarez. We're so close. :) :)

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

-NM123- Thanks for the post about Alfredo the taxi driver from El Paso, TX. He is going to take me first to Bank of America and then cross the bridge into Juarez for $20. That is not a bad deal.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

-NM123- Thanks for the post about Alfredo the taxi driver from El Paso, TX. He is going to take me first to Bank of America and then cross the bridge into Juarez for $20. That is not a bad deal.

Oh that's great! I have read so many good reviews about him at immigrate2us.net and they always talk about how safe they feel with him. He also knows the city really well and even though he's just a taxi driver, he seems to know about the immigration process really well.

They also say that if you stay at Los Cedros hotel, he can get you a 10% discount so you pay I think $45 or $50/night, since he has a contract with them.

Edited by nm123

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

Good afternoon.

It seems as though the CSC has been processing K1 visas more quickly recently, within 5-6 months. Is it reasonable to assume processing times are speeding up?

Also, I am guessing it is a poor idea to have a religious ceremony before coming to the states on the fiance visa, despite it not being a legally binding marriage?

One last thing here, I had posted a question about a past problem with a tourist visa in another forum HERE. We would like to clear up any prior problems with this before the interview. My fiance had contacted a complaint line at the Monterrey consulate regarding her past problems with the tourist visa, and explained our situation. They only suggested attending the fiance interview, and said they did not have direct contact with the consulate. Does anyone know how to get in contact and solve past issues with documents regarding visas at the consulates?

Thanks, enjoy the afternoon.

-Marty

June 16, 2008 Mailed I-129F to CA Service Center

June 18, 2008 Your item was delivered at 7:41 AM on June 18, 2008 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

June 20, 2008 Check Cashed

June 24, 2008 Received NOA 1

December 12, 2008 Received NOA 2 - 8:30pm we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Good afternoon.

It seems as though the CSC has been processing K1 visas more quickly recently, within 5-6 months. Is it reasonable to assume processing times are speeding up?

Also, I am guessing it is a poor idea to have a religious ceremony before coming to the states on the fiance visa, despite it not being a legally binding marriage?

One last thing here, I had posted a question about a past problem with a tourist visa in another forum HERE. We would like to clear up any prior problems with this before the interview. My fiance had contacted a complaint line at the Monterrey consulate regarding her past problems with the tourist visa, and explained our situation. They only suggested attending the fiance interview, and said they did not have direct contact with the consulate. Does anyone know how to get in contact and solve past issues with documents regarding visas at the consulates?

-Marty

Hi Marty,

It looks like some of the newer petitions are being approved in about 4 months. :star:

If you decide to have a religious ceremony DO NOT have your fiance talk about it at her interview or even present photos, even though it's not legally recognized in Mexico. Also don't get in the habit of calling each other husband and wife, since they'll assume you are already married and deny the visa. You've probably read about ChuckNTeresa who applied for a marriage license but never used it, and they had a huge problem at CDJ and had to prove that they weren't already married.

As for the other question about Monterrey... I don't know how to answer that. One thing I could recommend though is visiting immigrate2us.net and logging onto their weekly chat (Wednesdays but I don't remember the time). The chat is answered by Laurel Scott, an immigration lawyer who is also a member of that forum. If you look at the chat logs, you'll notice that most of the questions were short and so were the answers, so you'll have to present your question with probably just 2 sentences...

I'm so glad more of us are keeping this thread alive!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline
Good afternoon.

-Marty

Hi Marty,

It looks like some of the newer petitions are being approved in about 4 months. :star:

If you decide to have a religious ceremony DO NOT have your fiance talk about it at her interview or even present photos, even though it's not legally recognized in Mexico. Also don't get in the habit of calling each other husband and wife, since they'll assume you are already married and deny the visa. You've probably read about ChuckNTeresa who applied for a marriage license but never used it, and they had a huge problem at CDJ and had to prove that they weren't already married.

As for the other question about Monterrey... I don't know how to answer that. One thing I could recommend though is visiting immigrate2us.net and logging onto their weekly chat (Wednesdays but I don't remember the time). The chat is answered by Laurel Scott, an immigration lawyer who is also a member of that forum. If you look at the chat logs, you'll notice that most of the questions were short and so were the answers, so you'll have to present your question with probably just 2 sentences...

I'm so glad more of us are keeping this thread alive!

Thanks for the advice. Glad to see processing times are dropping somewhat. I may check out the site you suggested one evening when I get some time. I'm also going to put some calls in to the consulate there and see if I can get in contact with someone and hopefully they will provide some suggestions on how we can resolve the past issues.

Thanks again!

June 16, 2008 Mailed I-129F to CA Service Center

June 18, 2008 Your item was delivered at 7:41 AM on June 18, 2008 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607

June 20, 2008 Check Cashed

June 24, 2008 Received NOA 1

December 12, 2008 Received NOA 2 - 8:30pm we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Thanks for the advice. Glad to see processing times are dropping somewhat. I may check out the site you suggested one evening when I get some time. I'm also going to put some calls in to the consulate there and see if I can get in contact with someone and hopefully they will provide some suggestions on how we can resolve the past issues.

Thanks again!

Don't be too discouraged if the consulate gives you any problems or are rude, because they're usually like that (at least from what I've heard), and don't give consistent answers. Good luck!

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I'll be in Juarez for 2 weeks.

I leave Saturday, August 16 and return Saturday August 30.

Just about a week and 5 days left until takeoff.

I bought my plane ticket for $231 and the price has jumped to $391 since!!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I'll be in Juarez for 2 weeks.

I leave Saturday, August 16 and return Saturday August 30.

Just about a week and 5 days left until takeoff.

I bought my plane ticket for $231 and the price has jumped to $391 since!!

Have fun! I guess since Diana's appointment isn't until December, you'll just have a nice pleasant visit this time.

Edited by nm123

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

"How to add 2 months to the K-1 process" by Brian.

As some of you know, my K-1 was approved on July 3rd. I received an email on July 22nd, that my case was under further review. Then on July 26th, I get a NOA saying the earlier approval was overturned, and an RFE. Apparently I did not answer the Sec. C military section completely. So, I answer question 2, and send it back. And the RFE, said a decision would be forthcoming by August 26th.

I take responsiblity for the mistake. Though I still see why I made it. What makes me mad, is that if I had received the RFE on July 3rd instead of an approval, my file would be in Juarez by now. Instead, an extra two months has been tacked on.

Just venting. I made the mistake, and I will live with the consequences.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.