waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I always come up with these crazy ideas every now and then. Check out this website for studying abroad in Ciudad Juarez. It would work out perfectly because it goes from the beginning of August through December. And my fiancee will be ready the first week of December!

http://www.earlham.edu/~borders/about/index.html

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I always come up with these crazy ideas every now and then. Check out this website for studying abroad in Ciudad Juarez. It would work out perfectly because it goes from the beginning of August through December. And my fiancee will be ready the first week of December!

http://www.earlham.edu/~borders/about/index.html

Hey- it doesn't hurt to look into it!! Have you graduated from college already or are you currently a student? Anything that will help you be closer to her, right??? Talk to her about it, see what she things :) Good luck!

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
Hey- it doesn't hurt to look into it!! Have you graduated from college already or are you currently a student? Anything that will help you be closer to her, right??? Talk to her about it, see what she things smile.gif Good luck!

I'm not going to tell her about it until it is official (I don't want to get her hopes up for nothing). The reason I don't think it will work is twofold: 1) The deadline for applications was March 3, 2008 and 2) Even if I got accepted, my university would have to do their own separate analysis to see if the classes offered would transfer. We will see what happens...

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey- it doesn't hurt to look into it!! Have you graduated from college already or are you currently a student? Anything that will help you be closer to her, right??? Talk to her about it, see what she things smile.gif Good luck!

I'm not going to tell her about it until it is official (I don't want to get her hopes up for nothing). The reason I don't think it will work is twofold: 1) The deadline for applications was March 3, 2008 and 2) Even if I got accepted, my university would have to do their own separate analysis to see if the classes offered would transfer. We will see what happens...

Or could you take a semester off and get a job in El Paso?

Timeline
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that WE ARE IN CDJ NOW...I had my medical interview yesterday (Monday 2nd) and I went to the embassy today (Tuesday 3rd).

We're staying at LOS CEDROS hotel, and we really loved it! it's only a few blocks away from the Consulate, cheap ($550 pesos/day), wireless internet, an awesome hot breakfast buffet, security is pretty tight with a gate at the entrance, staff, and security cameras all over....

anyway, now here's the "juicy" part, the embassy interview:

Wow, good info here. I didn't know that the waiting room had people who don't speak Spanish very well. At least they're not the ones conducting the interviews for our loved ones who mainly speak Spanish.

As for the birth certificate, did your fiancee not have her passport with her? I think that would've been enough to establish US citizenship. I'm a naturalized citizen, so I'll have my fiance hold onto my citizenship certificate and passport.

HI,

yeah well the thing is she does not have a passport and apparently the short version of her birth certificate is not enough proof to establish citizenship. We just got a faxed copy to our hotel room and the overnighted original will get here tomorrow. Hopefully after all this the consular officer will issue the visa!

Stay tuned :)

How did everything turn out for you?? Hope you've got the visa!!!

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here's my happy dance lol!!! <br>

look at my face hahaha!

DSC_0060-1.jpg

the last of Mexico in some time:

DSC_0057.jpg

crossing the infamous PASO DEL NORTE bridge, the one listed on the fiancee packet:

DSC_0058.jpg

INS Office where I turned in my manila packet and got my 90-day permit!

DSC_0064.jpg

In Texas with my gummi bear!!

CIMG0537.jpg

THANKS TO YOU ALL!!! JUNE 5TH WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!! I couldn't have done it without the invaluable guidance and experiences of all the fellow VJers, if I can be of some assistance please don't hesitate to ask!

We're getting married on July 27th in Boerne,TX!

Jose & Karla

look at my face hahaha!

This is FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! Congratulations to you both!!! :star: :star: :star: :star:

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

look at my face hahaha!

This is FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! Congratulations to you both!!! :star: :star: :star: :star:

Yes- FELICIDADES!!!! That's excellent!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations Joey!

What a relief for you guys.

Summer 2001--we met in Manzanillo, Mexico

10/02--129F submitted (We had 1 RFE)

7/03--Interview in Ciudad Juarez

2/15/04--Married

4/2/04--AOS submitted

8/23/04--Interview in Chula Vista, CA (approved pending name check)

5 EADs, 3 APs, multiple Senators' inquiries and infopass appts, 2 AOS biometrics,

and one move to Seattle later...

3/3/08--AOS Biometrics renewal in Seattle

6/9/08--10 year green card arrived in the mail. My husband is no longer in immigration limbo and is a realio, trulio permanent resident! It says he's been a resident since 04/17/2008.

1/17/11--Apply for Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

congrats joey:) im leaving tommorow to bring my fiance back next sunday. our weddings set for aug 23rd :). Im excited. I dunno where I'll take my fiance first for sightseeing. Maybe Alcatraz or the Golden Gate :).

congrats joey:) im leaving tommorow to bring my fiance back next sunday. our weddings set for aug 23rd :). Im excited. I dunno where I'll take my fiance first for sightseeing. Maybe Alcatraz or the Golden Gate :).

Sanfranguy, that's exciting! I bet the Golden Gate would be something great to see. I've seen Alcatraz but thought the seals at fisherman's warf were more interesting. Or how about China Town or the wax museum?

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Timeline

I just sent this message to greatgate, but thought I'd also post it on here.

Hello greatgate,

I almost never post on this site. I'm always on immigrate2us.net, but right now the site is down (all of our new posts are gone), so I wandered over here.

I just saw your post about TB. There was another member on immigrate2us.net who just went through the TB thing with her husband. He did end up serving out the 6 months in Juarez, eventually got through it, and he just came back to the U.S. like 1 or 2 weeks ago. So, it's not common, but you are not the only couple going through this hell. Her immigrate2us.net username is something like NemphysandJusto. Hopefully, in a couple of days that site will be working again, and if you'd like to register on there, you could PM her and get see if you can get some more insight into the TB treatment there.

Best wishes in getting through the mess,

gatita

Timeline

Hello,

Just wondering, did the K-1 people who interviewed in CDJ use the Affidavit of Support I-134 for their K-1 (visa) interview? I'm just wondering which form "support form" the consulate wants filled out for the K-1.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sanfranguy, that's exciting! I bet the Golden Gate would be something great to see. I've seen Alcatraz but thought the seals at fisherman's warf were more interesting. Or how about China Town or the wax museum?

The seals are something to see. I'm sure she will enjoy bushman too. Did you catch him? He's the guy that hides behind some self made shrubs and scares the tourists as they walk by. He attracts a huge crowd. It's funny seeing the reactions. I'll make my fiance a victim ;)

Hello,

Just wondering, did the K-1 people who interviewed in CDJ use the Affidavit of Support I-134 for their K-1 (visa) interview? I'm just wondering which form "support form" the consulate wants filled out for the K-1.

Thanks!

Yes gatita. Thats the one to use.

The seals are something to see. I'm sure she will enjoy bushman too. Did you catch him? He's the guy that hides behind some self made shrubs and scares the tourists as they walk by. He attracts a huge crowd. It's funny seeing the reactions. I'll make my fiance a victim ;)

Hello,

Thanks!

Yes gatita. Thats the one to use.

Sanfran - haha! I didn't see bushman! I remember seeing the gold robot man, but this was a few yrs ago and maybe he isn't there anymore.

Gatita - everyone going to CDJ has used the I-134 form. Just get it notarized, and bring the supporting (tax transcripts, w-2s, employment letter, paystubs) documents. Good luck!

It sure is taking awhile to get my NOA2... but since I am still within the "normal" (not 6+ months) time frame, all I can do is wait.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.