waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I have used Safe Send (its through bank of america). A fellow VJ member told me about this method to send money (Thanks Lucy). If you have a bank of america account you may send money this way. You just have to go sign up for safe send at the bank. Then you call the customer service line and send the money, all through the phone. It's free to send money this way and quite easy. You can even pick from several banks in Mexico where you want your SO to pick up the money. To pick it up, they will just need a picture ID and the confirmation number you are given when you call to send the money. My husband and I have been sending money lately for all the wedding stuff that his family is helping us put together for our wedding this summer.

That is really nice to know. Bank of America is the closest bank to my house, less than 1 mile! It is kinda crazy cause Western Union charges $10 to send money that can be picked up the next day and a $15 charge to send money that will be available in minutes. I have paid both of these fees many, many, many times. Probably 2 or 3 hundred dollars just in Western Union fees over the past 2 years!

I will look into an account with bank of America. Thanks for the info.

You also might want to set up the debit card so there is no overdraft. This way they could only get money that is in the account and no more. If your fiance takes out the money right after you deposit it then no one could get any more, if it were lost.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello,

We just wanted to share our experience with the K1 process in Ciudad Juarez since we found this thread very helpful, even more helpful than the advice of the expensive attorney my fiancé hired :angry: I wish we had found this website before hiring them.

Thank you for your review! I've bookmarked this (and the.ronin's review is good too) for future reference. I hadn't heard of any other interviews where, at the end of the day, some people are asked to return the following day because it's getting late. Good luck with everything else in your journey. :star:

Thank you nm123; yes, the.ronin's review helped me a lot, I immediately recognized the place because of the photos he posted. I talked most of the whole day to a lady who was there for a K3, she was initially one number ahead of me and she was one of those who needed to go back the next day for her interview, I think she was told something like Washington's office has finished the day, so they weren't able to process more visas. Good luck to you as well.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place to post this. Since there are several of you dealing with the consulate in Juarez, I thought I'd try. I'd like to know what documents you had to send to the NVC before getting your appointment- if you went the IV route.

Did any of you use James' Shortcuts?

Any other advice specific to Juarez would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Everyone-

I know a few of you have had co-sponsors/and or were college students when applying for the visa and I'd like to ask a few questions about that:

I am college student and will be graduating May 2009. So, I obviously don't make above the 125% poverty rate. Thus, my Dad has agreed to be my co-sponsor. However, my parents file taxes jointly, and so I was wondering if my parents (both of them) could be co-sponsors. Or, do I just choose the parent who makes the most and explain that they file taxes together?

Also, I currently hold 3 jobs. Now, I plan on sending tax transcripts from the past 3 years, and a letter from my bank stating information about my bank account. However, is it necessary for me to include 3 letters of employment from all of my employers, even though none of these jobs really provide me with a steady "income?" I know I need to fill out the I-134 for myself, but what else is necessary?

I hope someone who has gone through this is able to help me. The Juarez consulate information and the OF-167 isn't as helpful as I wish it were sometimes. If anyone has any advice related to the I-134 and the supporting documents, I woud greatly appreciate it.

I hope all is going well with everyone during this process. Good luck to those preparing for the interview, and those still awaiting NOA2s. And those who have already gotten the visa :)

Thanks,

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

I'm sure I am not alone on this, but I send my SO money quite often. I have probably sent money to her at least 10 times in the last year! I use Western Union and it costs a minimum of $10 to send. Anyone know of a cheaper way to do this? I know my SO will be here soon, but I am sure we will send $$ to her mom a few times a year for many, many, many years to come!

Hi there,

I have bank of america. They have a free service called SAFE SEND. You can send money to Mexico (deducted from your checking account). When you call them, they can tell you what banks in Mexico it can be picked up. All you need to do is call Bank of America and enroll yourself in the program. I do that when I send money to my mom in Mexico, it's free and it's there in a couple of hours.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

What do you guys think would happen if my dad tried to sponsor my fiancee's mom for a WORK VISA and he said he wanted to hire her as a HOUSEKEEPER: Would she get denied? I am trying to think of a way to get her over here because my fiancee's parents have been divorced for a long time and my fiancee is extremely close with her mom.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
What do you guys think would happen if my dad tried to sponsor my fiancee's mom for a WORK VISA and he said he wanted to hire her as a HOUSEKEEPER: Would she get denied? I am trying to think of a way to get her over here because my fiancee's parents have been divorced for a long time and my fiancee is extremely close with her mom.

Work visas are hard to get for unskilled labor because you have to deal with the depat of labor first and get their approval and then go through USCIS for a temp work visa. If it were easy the farmers would have plenty of help here in the US. I looked into this for construction labor and it really is a pain to do. If there is any way she could get a visitors visa that may be here only hope and then at least she could visit. Another possibility might be to see if any resorts in your area hire people for unskilled seasonal labor from Mexico. If there is any then they already have everything in place to get her a visa for work. Maybe one of the ski resorts or something?

Good luck on the medical results. Hopefully your fiance will be with you soon.

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that WE ARE IN CDJ NOW...I had my medical interview yesterday (Monday 2nd) and I went to the embassy today (Tuesday 3rd).

We're staying at LOS CEDROS hotel, and we really loved it! it's only a few blocks away from the Consulate, cheap ($550 pesos/day), wireless internet, an awesome hot breakfast buffet, security is pretty tight with a gate at the entrance, staff, and security cameras all over....

anyway, now here's the "juicy" part, the embassy interview:

We had breakfast (it opened at 7.30am), and then left around 8.10, the taxi was taking too long so we were considering taking our car but it showed up at the last minute, so I showed up at the embassy a little late (8.30am), most people were already inside but I was given a paper ticket with a #, and so the waiting began....when my number was called (around 10.20am) everything went fine through the first document screening, she basically confirmed my data about the place I live in Mexico, where does she lives in the US, the medical exam...I was told to wait again for the fingerprinting phase...

I waited another 10min and my name was called along with 5-6 other people, the lady doing the fingerprinting and calling the names over the PA speaker was clearly not really fluent in spanish and had a little accent pronouncing the names (like Rodriguez, Martinez, etc.) so I greeted her in english and she said that her spanish is not so good, that all she knows is basically how to tell the instructions to place your finger in the scanner and go to building "B".

I then proceeded to the next waiting area, which is outside the Building B, so it's just covered with a metallic roof, the fans were not on (starts to get really hot here in Juarez after noon), but it was pretty bearable, i waited until around 12.15pm and then my name was called over the PA speaker, so I proceeded to window #28, this consular officer the first thing he told me was that the USC birth certificate was NOT GOOD and we were gonna need the "long" version, that list the hospital, date, hour of birth, the one we file was the short version...he basically told me that he could not issue a visa without it!

so, he gave me a blue slip to go back the next day, which sucks because i really wanted to get the visa today but as long as I get it...so my fiancee is here with me so we called her mom to fax us a copy and overnight the document, so hopefully tomorrow all of my documents will be complete and my visa will be issued.

So I guess the lesson here is: BRING ALONG THE PETITIONER (US CITIZEN) LONG, CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE!

It also annoys me that none of this is listed on the CDJ website, also I did not read that anywhere in the forum but here we are so....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jose

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that WE ARE IN CDJ NOW...I had my medical interview yesterday (Monday 2nd) and I went to the embassy today (Tuesday 3rd).

We're staying at LOS CEDROS hotel, and we really loved it! it's only a few blocks away from the Consulate, cheap ($550 pesos/day), wireless internet, an awesome hot breakfast buffet, security is pretty tight with a gate at the entrance, staff, and security cameras all over....

Wow, good info here. I didn't know that the waiting room had people who don't speak Spanish very well. At least they're not the ones conducting the interviews for our loved ones who mainly speak Spanish.

As for the birth certificate, did your fiancee not have her passport with her? I think that would've been enough to establish US citizenship. I'm a naturalized citizen, so I'll have my fiance hold onto my citizenship certificate and passport.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Jose-

Best of luck to you!!! I hope that it's quick and painless tomorrow and they give you the visa!! I've heard that most people say it's not necessary to even bring the USC birth certificate with, since we already sent it in with the original petition, but whatever- things happen I suppose. Let us know how it goes :)

Suerte!!!!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline
Hi everyone!

Wow, good info here. I didn't know that the waiting room had people who don't speak Spanish very well. At least they're not the ones conducting the interviews for our loved ones who mainly speak Spanish.

As for the birth certificate, did your fiancee not have her passport with her? I think that would've been enough to establish US citizenship. I'm a naturalized citizen, so I'll have my fiance hold onto my citizenship certificate and passport.

HI,

yeah well the thing is she does not have a passport and apparently the short version of her birth certificate is not enough proof to establish citizenship. We just got a faxed copy to our hotel room and the overnighted original will get here tomorrow. Hopefully after all this the consular officer will issue the visa!

Stay tuned :)

Timeline
Jose-

Best of luck to you!!! I hope that it's quick and painless tomorrow and they give you the visa!! I've heard that most people say it's not necessary to even bring the USC birth certificate with, since we already sent it in with the original petition, but whatever- things happen I suppose. Let us know how it goes :)

Suerte!!!!

Caity

Caity,

thank you so much!

it's been a blessing to have my laptop and wireless internet and stay connected with the VJers right here in our hotel room. We haven't left the hotel because we don't know our way around and basically everything here in Cd Juarez looks...well dirty and not really safe :(

As before, I'D DEFINITELY recommend this hotel Los Cedros, it seems like one of the most secure we've seen so far...I've taken pictures and I'll post those later!

Jose

Hi everyone!

HI,

yeah well the thing is she does not have a passport and apparently the short version of her birth certificate is not enough proof to establish citizenship. We just got a faxed copy to our hotel room and the overnighted original will get here tomorrow. Hopefully after all this the consular officer will issue the visa!

Stay tuned :)

I hope all goes smoothly for you two tomorrow. If the birth certificate was the only concern at the interview, it sounds like you guys will get it! :dance:

Good luck with everything else. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Update - It is just 2 days shy of 8 weeks and Diana has her results. She needs to go to Juarez on Tuesday for fingerprinting? I put a question mark because there is a minor language barrier between us (I am almost fluent in Spanish) and she doesn't explain things thoroughly to me. I am going to find out if she can go to the embassy afterwards and keep everyone posted. I think she told me that they didn't tell her the results but they are ready.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.