waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
en su radiografía se le detecto una alteración que requiere un muestreo de flemas.

dichas flemas deberán colectarse en 3 días

diferentes que solo puede incluir lunes, martes, y miercoles

de cada semana para primera muestra

la flema se colectará a las 6.30 a.m, en estos 3 días

exclusivamente, por lo que usted deberá asistir a la clínica a las 6:00

deberá hacerlo con la boca sólo enjuagada sin lavar con pasta dental.

Los resultados de las flemas se entregarán a las 10.0 a.m un día despues de que usted haya entregado su tercera muestra de flema

Para la obtención de los resultados médicos deberá esperar un promedio de 10 semanas después de hecha la Tomografía que cuesta 4.000 pesos

Y es necesaria para una mejor y más clara obtención de resultados correctos.

si usted fue asignado a este estudio y no completa, los papeles se enviarán al consulado americano, incompletos.

Ok, so it looks like, from what I am understanding, she needs to do a sputum test (per Medline Plus: "A sputum sample is obtained by coughing deeply and expelling the material that comes from the lungs into a sterile cup. The sample is taken to a labarotory and placed in a medium under conditions that allow the organisms to grow. A positive culture may identify disease-producing organisms that may help diagnose bronchitis, tuberculosis, a lung abscess, or pneumonia") so they can check samples of her phlegm.

She has to do it at 6:30 in the morning on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and can't do it after she's brushed her teeth, has to be before. She can find out the results at 10 am after her third sample (Wednesday). To get her results, wait an average of 10 weeks after she's done an x-ray that costs 40000 pesos.

I don't understand the last part... looks like... "if you were assigned to this study and it isn't complete, the papers that'll be send to the American Consulate will be incomplete?"

I did a Google search for "testing TB consulate" to see what happens with this, and I found this info from a UK website for student visas. The process is probably pretty similar: http://www.cf.ac.uk/for/prospective/inter/...tion/index.html and here's what it says for UK applicants:

"You will need to book an appointment with the IOM clinic to arrange for your TB test. When you attend your appointment, you will be given a chest X-ray. (Pregnant women will be given an optional mouth swabs or a sputum smear test). If you are found to have signs of tuberculosis on your chest X-ray, you will need to have mouth swabs or sputum smear tests at the clinic (over 3 consecutive days).

"If found to be free of infectious TB, you will get a TB health certificate valid for six months from the date of issue. This should be submitted to Visa Handling Services with your visa application. If issued with a visa, you must bring your TB health certificate with you when you travel to the UK.

"If you are found to be suffering from infectious TB, you will be asked to seek further treatment and will not normally be allowed to apply for a visa until after you have been successfully treated and are certified free of infection."

And here's a little more info: http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069042/

If this is the case with your fiancee, and she has an active infection, it will just slow things down for a few more months. Hopefully, this won't be the case.

My wife was pregnant when she had her medical and they didn't do any tests.

My wife was pregnant when she had her medical and they didn't do any tests.

The reason the greatgate's fiance is going through these extra tests while in Juarez is because they found something in her x-rays while in Juarez. They must be checking for active TB. Don't worry greatgate, everything will turn out fine. If Diana doesn't get her visa right away, at least you can save up a little more money until when she has to return back to Juarez.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has any one got an interview date in the last month for a k3 i received a letter from NVC dated March 27 2008 the said they have received and processed the petition already and will be shipping it to juarez, would happens next? what should i expect? how long until i know my interview date?

I believe you wait for your packet from Juarez along with your interview date. This would be a question for YGandMAT or Gaby&Talbert, because they know more info. regarding the K3 since they are the experts with this type of visa. Most of us in this CDJ thread went thru a K1.

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

A quick update on Diana. She went to the medic Tuesday and when she went to pick up the results the doctors said they found something on the x-ray. So she needed to come back Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning at 6:00 am sharp. Tomorrow is the last time she needs to go to the medic. Then Monday she picks up the results.

Here lies the problem. She was talking with some people that are familiar with the way things work in Juarez at the medical exam and consulate and what not. Some of the people said that if the doctors in Juarez see a young girl or boy that is alone and sort of appears helpless and easy to victimize then the doctors will make up lies so that they can get money.

Diana does not have a cough. She does not have the symptoms (loss of appetite, yellowish skin, lack of energy, night sweats, etc.)

She looks healthy and she feels healthy. It never occurred to me that the doctors would pull a scam like this but I think that is what they are doing. At least it is a definite possibility that they are pulling a fast one.

At any rate, her results will be ready Monday and if they say she is bad, she pays 4000 pesos, if they say she is good, she doesn't pay a dime. I will let everyone know the outcome of this mess Monday night.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

THEGREATGATE,

I pulled up this bit of info. regarding what may be happening to your fiance. It would be terrible if the doctors in Juarez are doing this just to make some money though and I hate to think that they would be doing something this terrible. Hopefully nothing is found on Diana so you may bring her home! Let us know what happens. Here is the info I found on VJ:

CDC IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS: Technical Instructions for Tuberculosis Screening and Treatment 2007

Tuberculosis Screening Report and Travel Clearance:

The evaluation is complete when all required aspects of the medical examination have been completed, including final report of culture results, and the applicant can be assigned a Tuberculosis Classification.

Travel clearances are valid for 6 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who have no Tuberculosis Classification or only Class B2 TB or Class B3 TB and who do not have HIV infection.

Travel clearances are valid for 3 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who are Class B1 TB, Pulmonary or Class B1 TB, Extrapulmonary or who have HIV infection.

Applicants not traveling within the clearance period will need to restart the tuberculosis screening process.

Any applicant diagnosed with pulmonary or laryngeal tuberculosis who needs treatment is not cleared for travel until completion of successful treatment, regardless of the diagnostic criteria.

It is important that tuberculosis disease be correctly diagnosed among applicants for U.S. immigration. Correct diagnosis of tuberculosis will ensure that applicants with tuberculosis disease receive correct treatment, reduce further spread of the disease, and reduce the likelihood of treating applicants who do not have the disease, thus unnecessarily delaying their immigration.

Regarding TB SKIN TEST: TB Skin test may not be that reliable especially for those that have childhood BCG vaccine as this may cause "Flase positive" result. TB Skin Test will only prove that you had been exposed and not necessarily means that you are active for TB.

Panel Physicians can make recommendations/remarks and it is up to the CO (Consul) to make decision to grant or not to grant visa to an applicant. But usually (especially in the Philippines, but not a generalization), in this case category, the applicant can be granted the visa and "may" however be advise to have further check-ups or follow-ups (if warranted) in the U.S. For those that have an Active TB Disease, they will have to be treated for a minimum of 6 months, after which a re-evaluation will be done and if found negative, then they are granted the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all. We just got back. An update on how it went today when we picked up the results. We went back today so they can take a look at the tb shot they gave my fiance's daughter on Monday. It came out negative so they had us go straight to room 3 today so the nurse can sign off as negative. We were then sent to the reception desk to pick up the xray packet for my fiance and the smaller packet for her daughter. I kept insisting that they need to fill out the vaccination form that was on each result packet with the shots that my fiancee and her daughter already had taken prior. They kept telling me that they dont do that since its a K1 and shots arent required. After asking another nurse and she told me the same I gave up. I know they were wrong because on one section of the form it says " written records" and on the other it says "vaccination given by panelist" wich is the doctors there. So I guess we will have to take the shots in the U.S for the AOS stage. Anyhow... tommorows the big day. I hope nothing goes wrong since we have everything in order. Well wish us luck everyone. I'll be back tommorow evening to post the good news. Were staying positive. :)

Hi all. We just got back. An update on how it went today when we picked up the results. We went back today so they can take a look at the tb shot they gave my fiance's daughter on Monday. It came out negative so they had us go straight to room 3 today so the nurse can sign off as negative. We were then sent to the reception desk to pick up the xray packet for my fiance and the smaller packet for her daughter. I kept insisting that they need to fill out the vaccination form that was on each result packet with the shots that my fiancee and her daughter already had taken prior. They kept telling me that they dont do that since its a K1 and shots arent required. After asking another nurse and she told me the same I gave up. I know they were wrong because on one section of the form it says " written records" and on the other it says "vaccination given by panelist" wich is the doctors there. So I guess we will have to take the shots in the U.S for the AOS stage. Anyhow... tommorows the big day. I hope nothing goes wrong since we have everything in order. Well wish us luck everyone. I'll be back tommorow evening to post the good news. Were staying positive. :)

Sanfranguy, everything sounds good! I was hoping that when my fiance has his medical exam, that he would've already had any needed vaccinations so that we don't have to pay the extra money at the adjustment of status stage. But based on what I've read about your (and others') experience, I guess it's easier to just not deal with the hassle and just do it at the adjustment of status time.

Greatgate - I hope everything turns out well for her and that she doesn't need to take any type of medication and have this process slowed down.

Everyone else - tax season is almost over! Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how taxes are done in Mexico (for Mexican citizens)? Do they have a system like ours, and do most people pay earned income tax and get a refund/pay by a certain time (like us, in April)?

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Sanfranguy,

Best of luck tomorrow, you'll see everything will turn out fine. Don't worry about the vaccinations, you will get them done in the U.S. That's why none of us who had previously gone to Juarez for a K1 visa ever received the vaccines there, we just didn't want to risk it and them not be valid in the U.S. or anything. Maybe what the forms say about vaccinations is in reference to K3 visas, which are a little different. Don't worry about vaccines now, concentrate on the interview. Please let us know all the details when you get a chance so we can do the happy approval dance. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OUR K1 VISA CASE MUST BE ONE OF THE FASTEST TO DATE!!! :)

Check our timeline:

Filing: Feb 27, 08

NOA1: March 02,08

NOA2 (Approved): March 21st, 08!!

Consulate appointment notice (CDJ): April 2, 2008

WE'RE READY TO GO!!! in less than 40 days!!!

Now this thread has proven sooo useful for our incoming appt in CDJ (now I know where to stay, what to expect from the medical interview, the actual embassy interview).

I have a few questions though:

Does my birth certificate (I'm the mexican beneficiary) needs to be translated? if so, where can I do that??

For financial support do I need to file 2 Affidavits because my girlfriend does not meet the poverty guidelines and my aunt which is a USC she meets by far any support requirements...will I need to get anything else? I don't have a bank account but I could take a few thousands of dollars in travelers checks for the interview and prove immediate solvency....

This is soooo exciting! we'll probably be in CDJ at the end of this month (April 08) and I'll post any news!!!

J

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
Does my birth certificate (I'm the mexican beneficiary) needs to be translated? if so, where can I do that??

For financial support do I need to file 2 Affidavits because my girlfriend does not meet the poverty guidelines and my aunt which is a USC she meets by far any support requirements...will I need to get anything else?

The Mexican birth certificate does not need to be translated. In fact, your interview will most likely be done entirely in Spanish. I do believe that when you arrive in the U.S. and file for adjustment of status you will need to translate it to English, since you are bilingual that won't be a problem.

The USC needs to file an affidavit and get it notarized as the sponsor and your SO's aunt will need to file an affidavit as the cosponsor and get it notarized at a local bank.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline
Has any one got an interview date in the last month for a k3 i received a letter from NVC dated March 27 2008 the said they have received and processed the petition already and will be shipping it to juarez, would happens next? what should i expect? how long until i know my interview date?

It takes about 1 month to get the letter from the consulate with the appointment date and what documents are required. you can go to the consulate website and get the same list. You will probably be scheduled for an appointment around the first part of June, at least this is the time frame we had last year. Non immigrant visa appointments like k visa were faster the CR/IR appointments. Be prepared for the heat, June is very hot there.

A quick update on Diana. She went to the medic Tuesday and when she went to pick up the results the doctors said they found something on the x-ray. So she needed to come back Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning at 6:00 am sharp. Tomorrow is the last time she needs to go to the medic. Then Monday she picks up the results.

Here lies the problem. She was talking with some people that are familiar with the way things work in Juarez at the medical exam and consulate and what not. Some of the people said that if the doctors in Juarez see a young girl or boy that is alone and sort of appears helpless and easy to victimize then the doctors will make up lies so that they can get money.

Diana does not have a cough. She does not have the symptoms (loss of appetite, yellowish skin, lack of energy, night sweats, etc.)

She looks healthy and she feels healthy. It never occurred to me that the doctors would pull a scam like this but I think that is what they are doing. At least it is a definite possibility that they are pulling a fast one.

At any rate, her results will be ready Monday and if they say she is bad, she pays 4000 pesos, if they say she is good, she doesn't pay a dime. I will let everyone know the outcome of this mess Monday night.

Does anyone know if they will keep the appointment for the interview open until needed or will he have to reapply?

Timeline

Sanfranguy, everything sounds good! I was hoping that when my fiance has his medical exam, that he would've already had any needed vaccinations so that we don't have to pay the extra money at the adjustment of status stage. But based on what I've read about your (and others') experience, I guess it's easier to just not deal with the hassle and just do it at the adjustment of status time.

Greatgate - I hope everything turns out well for her and that she doesn't need to take any type of medication and have this process slowed down.

Everyone else - tax season is almost over! Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how taxes are done in Mexico (for Mexican citizens)? Do they have a system like ours, and do most people pay earned income tax and get a refund/pay by a certain time (like us, in April)?

I'm not sure but I know Gaby told me that her tax refunds were sent to the company she worked for and she had to pick them up there. She worked for Delphi in Juarez so they did alot to help their employees so this may not be the case with all employers.

Timeline

If everything is good can she go to her visa appointment after?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OUR K1 VISA CASE MUST BE ONE OF THE FASTEST TO DATE!!! :)

Check our timeline:

Filing: Feb 27, 08

NOA1: March 02,08

NOA2 (Approved): March 21st, 08!!

Consulate appointment notice (CDJ): April 2, 2008

WE'RE READY TO GO!!! in less than 40 days!!!

J

Wow, your timeline is an inspiration. I just filed on April 1st. I did not think June could be a real possibility. I am going to Guadalajara to visit my fiance for Cinco de Mayo. I kind of wish I didn't already have the tickets, because it sounds like I could be heading back to Mexico in just four or five weeks.

And that would be a good problem to have. :yes:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.