waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I took the advice of some and called the USCIS back about changing my address. This time, the person I spoke to changed my address for me.

The USCIS lady also said I, the applicant or U.S. citizen, should not have put my Mexican address on the I-129F K1 application form because the USCIS will not send any K1 stuff to a Mexican address. The government should probably change that rule since I'd imagine a gang of Americans meet their foreign spouses while they are living in that foreign country. USCIS also probably shouldn't notify me via their website that they have sent me something when they actually haven't sent me anything at all because I live in a country they won't send anything to. But, oh well. I'm not going to worry about it now. Apparently, it's fixed. Or at least I hope.

A coworker here, also an American, who successfully applied for the K-3 for her Mexican husband said she received things from the USCIS at her Mexican residence. So that makes things a little less clear. Maybe they send things to K-3 applicants in Mexico but not K-1 applicants?

And a nice person through this website said that when she was living in Mexico, she did not receive anything from the USCIS. So she changed her address to an American address. The only trouble was - she still didn't receive anything. So that gives me even less hope.

Anyway. No real reason to post this except for those of you who are just starting with the I-129F and wondering what you should list as the mailing address of the applicant or U.S. citizen. According to the USCIS lady I talked to today, you should put an American address down - hopefully you have somebody you trust with your mail in the U.S. Either that or I guess you could open a P.O. box account just for this and, with all those pesos you can earn in Mexico, you can fly up to the U.S. every time you receive mail. I don't know. I think I'm rambling. Peace.

Timeline
I took the advice of some and called the USCIS back about changing my address. This time, the person I spoke to changed my address for me.

The USCIS lady also said I, the applicant or U.S. citizen, should not have put my Mexican address on the I-129F K1 application form because the USCIS will not send any K1 stuff to a Mexican address. The government should probably change that rule since I'd imagine a gang of Americans meet their foreign spouses while they are living in that foreign country. USCIS also probably shouldn't notify me via their website that they have sent me something when they actually haven't sent me anything at all because I live in a country they won't send anything to. But, oh well. I'm not going to worry about it now. Apparently, it's fixed. Or at least I hope.

A coworker here, also an American, who successfully applied for the K-3 for her Mexican husband said she received things from the USCIS at her Mexican residence. So that makes things a little less clear. Maybe they send things to K-3 applicants in Mexico but not K-1 applicants?

And a nice person through this website said that when she was living in Mexico, she did not receive anything from the USCIS. So she changed her address to an American address. The only trouble was - she still didn't receive anything. So that gives me even less hope.

Anyway. No real reason to post this except for those of you who are just starting with the I-129F and wondering what you should list as the mailing address of the applicant or U.S. citizen. According to the USCIS lady I talked to today, you should put an American address down - hopefully you have somebody you trust with your mail in the U.S. Either that or I guess you could open a P.O. box account just for this and, with all those pesos you can earn in Mexico, you can fly up to the U.S. every time you receive mail. I don't know. I think I'm rambling. Peace.

Do I have permission to say "I told you so!!!"?

Glad it all worked out. Normally USCIS does not send outside the US (and I'm not even 100% about P.O. boxes) but there do seem to be a few exceptions. It's not however, as far as I know, based on the petition type.

In any event, keep your eye on the case status online information and don't worry about an RFE. IfBut do keep in mind that IF you never receive a hard copy of your NOA2, you will need to request that (and pay the fee for a duplicate) way down the road because you'll need it for AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
My fiance is pretty sure she will be on her period during the week we had planned to be in Ciudad Juarez. Is this going to be an issue with respect to the medical exam?

OK...as a guy I feel uncomfortable talking about this...but in the interest of a fellow VJers question and hopefully to help others...I'll answer it.

I can officially confirm (well at least my Fiancee can) that this is NOT an issue. The doctor asked her to spread her legs open for 2 seconds and that was it...no insertion or touching and no questions about her period that she was having. I too was concerned but I figured it couldn't possibly be a big deal....and it wasn't.

If she reads this she's gonna kill me.... :help::devil:

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, since you kind men have gone there, I'll go there too.

If your wife happens to take oral birth control, she can skip the fourth week of pills and start immediately on her new pack and she won't get her period. I know that I'd feel uncomfortable in that situation, although I'm sure that they deal with this all the time.

KitKat...saw that some approvals from the end of 2006 are coming through! Here's hoping that you're next!!!!!!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Timeline
KITKAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're in my prayers! I hope yours is coming soon!

Thanks girls. It seems they haven't sent out the October/November approvals (we're late November) and have already sent some December/January. Great to see but pick up dates are still taking several months so it still feels a long way off. Returning to the midwest in the dead of winter is not sounding very appealing to me!

Timeline

Thanks girls. It seems they haven't sent out the October/November approvals (we're late November) and have already sent some December/January. Great to see but pick up dates are still taking several months so it still feels a long way off. Returning to the midwest in the dead of winter is not sounding very appealing to me!

aahhhhh!!! But you won't be returning alone which makes all the difference. At least someone will be there to keep you warm! :blush:

Timeline

aahhhhh!!! But you won't be returning alone which makes all the difference. At least someone will be there to keep you warm! :blush:

True. But if the pick up date is December, for example, we're thinking about staying in Mexico until March or so (since an approved visa can be used for enry within six month of approval date). We'll see - depends on how anxious we are to FINALLY get married, etc!

vismaster, what are you gonna do?

Timeline

I don't know yet. Right now the plan is for him to go to Juarez the middle of September. I guess I'll play it by ear. I know the visa is good for 6 months and the NOA2 expires October 10th I think. It's the AOS fees that I'm worried about. I guess for now I'll wait it out and see what we can do.

Filed: Timeline
Between the NOA1 and the NOA2 I want to prepare as much as possible (since I don't want to be rushing around last minute and b-c I won't be able to dedicate as much concentrated time to it like I did with my trying-to-beat-the-deadline I-129F package). Does anyone have a relatively comprehensive list of what my fiance will need to take to the interview?

I've tried my best to read as much of this thread as possible, but am still only about half way. :) I did read that many who received those forms in the mail mentioned them being elegible photo copies. Can I just download these forms (whichever ones they are) off-line and start getting them filled out?

Also, can someone please explain to me what the different Packages are and what they mean?

Thanks sooo much, folks.

You should get all the forms online from the CDJ website under "Fiance Packet" - a couple create the barcodes which is now necessary. There is only one package from CDJ - it's the same as the website. If you get everything online, everything that comes in the package will be garbage -- but you need the "open appointment" letter from the package to get into the consulate so that's that one think you'll be waiting to receive. Everything else you can prepare in advance, as well as gather all your financial and employment paperwork.

Excellent. In reference to the barcodes... can they tell (or does it even matter) that I will have dowloaded it and started to fill it out before I even receive the NOA2? Thanks again for the advice!

Timeline
Excellent. In reference to the barcodes... can they tell (or does it even matter) that I will have dowloaded it and started to fill it out before I even receive the NOA2? Thanks again for the advice!

As long as the information is current, that's all that matters. They have no way of knowing when you filled it out - a barcode is generated on your form but nothing is sent to them online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey CDJ Friends,

I'm so proud of my husband today. When we got home from work his GED results were in the mail. HE PASSED!!! He is so excited. He didn't think he could pass on first try and he had the biggest smile ever tonight! We went and celebrated at Buca Di Beppo tonight with a pitcher of Sangria. So one thing left on the list - his greencard.

Those ESL classes he went to during the 7 month waiting period till he was able to work paid off. (although he is already working so really didn't matter - but maybe down the road)

YEAH HUBBY!!!

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Timeline
OK...as a guy I feel uncomfortable talking about this...but in the interest of a fellow VJers question and hopefully to help others...I'll answer it.

I can officially confirm (well at least my Fiancee can) that this is NOT an issue. The doctor asked her to spread her legs open for 2 seconds and that was it...no insertion or touching and no questions about her period that she was having. I too was concerned but I figured it couldn't possibly be a big deal....and it wasn't.

If she reads this she's gonna kill me.... :help::devil:

Ok this is the second couple I know of who recently got their K1 visas from CDJ and confirmed that it is NOT an issue if the beneficiary is on her period during that week of the interview.

Thanks a lot for the feedback you guys ... and elguevon, congratulations man!!

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Timeline

hey, a quick question:

whats up with the payment required for the k1 visa interview?

Is it $100 even though the form says its only for k3-k4 visas?

If its necessary for k1 visas, how do I pay it?

the form says that at any Banamex, but to what account do I make the deposit?

thanks for the help!

Timeline

What form are you looking at? All of the information is available on the CDJ website:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj446k1.pdf

Fee Information, form CDJ 446

Beginning November 1st, 2002, fiancé visa fee will be USD$100.00 and applicants will be able to pay at any Banamex Bank in Mexico before they attend their interview at this Consulate. The visa fee will cover process expenses regardless of visa approval or denial. This policy is applicable in all U.S. Posts worldwide.

You don't deposit into a specific account. You show your interview letter and they know what to do. They simply accept the payment and give you a receipt, which you need to show at the consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.