califorever

RFE FOR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, got RFE asking for original marriage certificate which is the (Nikkah Nama) I have countless times have stated that this is the original bearing the seal for the registrar and signed, we submitted in English our Nikkah nama was in ENGLISH. I have sent letter after the RFE but they have not reviewed it yet, and supervisor is not approving it, I got arbitration council a marriage certificate from there with the stamp of the chairman, has our information in english and urdu (local language), kindly if someone can help here this is getting out of hand now..... our marriage certificate is registered with NADRA (wife has name on there instead of father), registered with registrar office in Islamabad Pakitan, and finally registered with the council as mentioned above there are union and arbitration, our district falls under that or something..... please help!

thank you

Timeline

If the marriage is registered with NADRA, get the marriage certificate from NADRA. This is accepted.

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi, I have marriage certificate from "Arbitration Council" stamped and signed by the chairman..... how do I get Nadra marriage certificate? I do not think they issue marriage certificates, they send you to Council of your area of where registrar was.... The document we have is computerized.

thank you...

Timeline

NADRA does issue marriage and birth certificates. I am not sure how to get it because we had the original certificate that we signed in urdu.

If you complete your profile,showing your country, your post will go to the pakistan portal and i know you will get more response to this question because it is pakistan specific. i know many people who have used and obtained the NADRA certificate.

Our Journey

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi, thank you I have updated my profile......my wife went to NADRA they sent her to union council to get computerized from there which is what we got recently but it has Arbitration council stamp and urdu/english of our nikkah nama.... it is a "marriage certificate"....

Timeline

Yes, the certificate issues by NADRA should be in urdu and english. It seems she has obtained the right one. I dont know about the arbitration council stamp, but maybe someone else on here does. Good luck!

(edit note: please update your timeline as well. it helps you keep track of things, helps others, and helps others help you!)

Edited by talean nawaz

Our Journey

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi, thank you for your reply how do I obtain NADRA marriage computerized certificate my wife sent to Council and they issued her a marriage computerized certificate over there from Arbitration and has the stamp of chairman. Please advise.......... I have already sent them letter it's been approx 10 business day(s) they do require 20 business days for documents arriving in there facility, also I sent them e-mail recently stating the situation and the NIKKAH NAMA we sent is an ORIGINAL bearing the seal, It is the long legal sized paper that folds. Latest information is agent said wait for the letter to be reviewed and e-mail...... but this is getting ridiculous, we are registered in 3 area's in Pakistan that we are legally married (NADRA, COUNCIL, REGISTRAR) her passport even has my name on there as "husband" along with her ID, even I have an NICOP card..... any help be really appreciated...

thank you!

Hi dear, my RFE was exactly same, they send such queries if you didnt submit your URDU NIKKAH NAMAH, when i spoke to NVC they guided me to send the local language nikkahnama and in eglish translation because my nikkah was already in english (and urdu too) but that time I thought if the nikkah has been in english already then it should be sufficient but eventually it wasnt. so make sure you submit your urdu nikkah nama as well.

moreover, i have certified my marriage from nadra whuich i didnt submit and having it for my interview incase they want to see.

Regards,

SZ

Timeline

Hi, SZ thanks for the reply but you had "URDU" nikah nama as well I do not have one in URDU. I only have ENGLISH FORM # 2 This is exact form which is in URDU as well. Please understand that I only have it in ENGLISH, and this is already registered in Pakistan that we are legally married anyone can check it.....

Hi, SZ thanks for the reply but you had "URDU" nikah nama as well I do not have one in URDU. I only have ENGLISH FORM # 2 This is exact form which is in URDU as well. Please understand that I only have it in ENGLISH, and this is already registered in Pakistan that we are legally married anyone can check it.....

Dear I can understand your point but there should be nikkah in URDU as well, in my point of view this RFE is only because of urdu nikkah is missing, you are right that form in english is registered even though mine was also registered but unfortunately they want to see in local language as well. This was said by NVC representative when my RFE came. I am not sure about Nadra one marriage certificate I had it as well but I dodnt submit I left it purposely for my interview and eventually the URDU one was accepted. in my friend's case they just saw urdu nikkahnama and even though they didnt ask for translation Which amazed me too.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, got RFE asking for original marriage certificate which is the (Nikkah Nama) I have countless times have stated that this is the original bearing the seal for the registrar and signed, we submitted in English our Nikkah nama was in ENGLISH. I have sent letter after the RFE but they have not reviewed it yet, and supervisor is not approving it, I got arbitration council a marriage certificate from there with the stamp of the chairman, has our information in english and urdu (local language), kindly if someone can help here this is getting out of hand now..... our marriage certificate is registered with NADRA (wife has name on there instead of father), registered with registrar office in Islamabad Pakitan, and finally registered with the council as mentioned above there are union and arbitration, our district falls under that or something..... please help!

thank you

OK Friend they are asking about nikah name that one which is original and in urdu its that one which fill at the time of marriage whaer we sign it and some witness that call nikah name made by molvi sab i had the same ref and i send them after that thy complete my case

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have the same RFE. i have sent them both, Original English and Urdu. From union council with all the seals n stuff. theyre saying its not accurate.

USCIS

04/24/09 :mailed I-130

04/29/09 : NOA1.

10/12/09: touched.

08/11/09: I-130 APPROVED!..asking for i824.....

08/24/09: i824 mailed

08/29/09: NOA 1

10/08/09: i824 transferred to local field office, went to field office, they said they dont have any info, called USCIS, they said it was an error, i shouldn't have filed i824...expedite request....no response..

10/28/09: contacted congressman

1/29/2010: USCIS located my files

02/01/2010: received approval notices for i130 AND i824

NVC Journey

02/02/2010: NVC/case# assigned

02/03/2010: Gave email addresses to NVC

02/08/2010: DS-3032 received

02/08/2010: Sent in DS-3032 email

02/08/2010: Received and paid AOS

02/11/2010: AOS fee accepted/shows as paid.

02/11/2010: AOS document cover printed.

02/19/2010: IV bill available online

02/19/2010: Paid IV bill

02/19/2010: DS-3032 accepted by NVC.

02/21/2010: IV bill: shows as paid

02/22/2010: printed cover sheet

3/11/2010: sent AOS and DS230 (overnight) signed by J.Desmond.

3/23/2010: sign in fail!!!!!!!! and 1 year anniversary

3/23/2010: Case complete

3/24/2010: Interview date assigned

5/27/2010: Interview---Denied asked to submit waivers :(

9/28/2010: waivers submitted

3/04/2011: waivers approved!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

OK Friend they are asking about nikah name that one which is original and in urdu its that one which fill at the time of marriage whaer we sign it and some witness that call nikah name made by molvi sab i had the same ref and i send them after that thy complete my case

So I have the Same RFE and was wondering if I get the original language marriage certificate, does it still need all the signatures (some of the witnesses will be hard to track down)?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.