ovet16

packet 4 colombia

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Is it normal that it take so long to recieve packet 4 its been 20 days since the embassy in Bogota recieve the fax copy from packet 3 any suggestions!!

We sent our packet 3 on 8/24 and received packet 4 on 9/7. This was 14 days and my fiancee lived in Bogota. I would not worry about the mail, since the embassy did not send it through the Colombian mail, but through a private courier.

If you have not received it after one month, then you might want to by a PIN and follow-up with a phone call to the embassy.

I realize the waiting is difficult. We were just as impatient. We bought our PIN on the 14th day to follow-up, but then received the packet later that day.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

~=~................. .................................................~=~

~=~.... pushpin.gif All is going very well !.......................... ~=~

~=~...................................................................~=~

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

3dflags_col0001-0003a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_usasc01-0003a.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ovet,

You sent the packet 3 off on or about October 2, 2006. We sent ours on October 6, a few days later, and have not received the packet 4 either. The mail in Colombia, especially the mail that is being delivered to Cali and surrounding cities takes forever. The embassy had mailed our packet 3 out on September 9. The post office in Tulua already had it there for over two weeks before delivering packet 3 on October 6. Can only hope that packet 4 arrives soon so I can make the travel arrangements. If no word by the end of the month then check the embassy website and see if your NVC number is posted and your scheduled interview date. If it is then you should contact the embassy because you need the letter with the interview date on it to get into the embassy on the date of the interview. Good luck, we may see you down there on the same date.

Hi salgood she fax and send packet 3 on the 28 of september I check the embassy website and our interview was not in October now Im waiting till the end of this week to give the embassy a call..I went by Tulua last month on my way to Pereira Tulua is a beautiful town..hope to see you guys in bogota next month good luck and I will post a message if I recieve packet 4 this week thank you..

I have been to Tulua many times, it is very nice. I always have to go past it on the drive from Cali to Armenia and then back when I am leaving. Johanna has family and friends in the next town over in Buga. Buga is also very nice and they have a very important church.

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

My wife (in Cartagena) and I have NEVER recieved a thing from the Embassy. Our approved I-129F arrived August 21, 2006 --- It wasn't until we took action that things began to roll.

1. After a month of waiting, we called to find out that Packet 3 was sent.

2. Downloaded all forms in Packet 3 and returned via fax/courier

3. After waiting another couple of weeks we called again to find out our Interview date was scheduled for Nov 3rd

4. After waiting 2 more weeks, we still have not recieved Packet 4

5. Downloaded new DS230/DS156/7 carried to Bank Union to pay for visa (recieved bar code sticker to attach)

6. We decided to move the interview date forward because there was not enough time to prepare (ie, waiting for the Packets screwed everything up)

7. Scheduled medical and will arrive early to pick up Packet 4 at the embassy prior to the medical.

Perhaps the mail is hit or miss, but it has been a severe NEGATIVE for us. We would have simply done all of the things I described above and bypassed all the waiting time spent "hoping" the mail would come.

6/14/2011 AOS Filed Chicago

6/16/2011 AOS Packet Delivered

7/16/2011 NOA1's Recieved

7/25/2011 ASC Appt Notice recieved

8/18/2011 Biometrics scheduled (Ft. Myers)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
My wife (in Cartagena) and I have NEVER recieved a thing from the Embassy. Our approved I-129F arrived August 21, 2006 --- It wasn't until we took action that things began to roll.

3. After waiting another couple of weeks we called again to find out our Interview date was scheduled for Nov 3rd

5. Downloaded new DS230/DS156/7 carried to Bank Union to pay for visa (recieved bar code sticker to attach)

6. We decided to move the interview date forward because there was not enough time to prepare (ie, waiting for the Packets screwed everything up)

7. Scheduled medical and will arrive early to pick up Packet 4 at the embassy prior to the medical.

Perhaps the mail is hit or miss, but it has been a severe NEGATIVE for us. We would have simply done all of the things I described above and bypassed all the waiting time spent "hoping" the mail would come.

09.09.2006 Marriage

I-130

10.03.06 sent

10.12.06 recieved by texas service center

10.18.06 NOA1 recieved from california service center

10.18.06 touched

02.09.07 NOA2 APPROVED! (90 minutes after K3 approval)

Held in CSC since pursuing K3

K-3 Visa

10.20.06 sent

10.24.06 recieved in Chicago

10.26.06 NOA1 recieved from Chicago/Missouri

11.01.06 touched

11.08.06 touched

11.09.06 recieved email advising sent to california service center for processing

11.15.06 recieved in california service center

11.16.06 touched

11.18.06 touched

01.25.07 email advising app was sent on 11.09.06 to california (same email recieved on 11/09/06 ?????)

01.28.07 touched (on a sunday)

02.09.07 NOA2 APPROVED!

Off to NVC

NVC to Bogota

Interview set on 04.04.07

Timeline

Porsche, what telephone number did you call at the embassy. Was it the credit card pay number or a 1800 ?

US1.GIFCOL.GIF

04-19-06 Sent I-129F

04-24-06 I-129F received at CSC

04-27-06 Received NOA1

07-03-06 Received RFE from CSC

07-03-06 Returned RFE to CSC

07-08-06 RFE received at CSC

07-31-06 Touched

08-05-06 Received second RFE from CSC

08-05-06 Returned RFE to CSC

08-07-06 Touched

08-09-06 RFE received at CSC

08-14-06 Touched

08-15-06 E-mail from CSC stating RFE received

08-16-06 Touched

08-18-06 NOA2 APPROVED- I-129F sent to NVC

08-19-06 Touched

08-25-06 NVC Received I-129F

09-01-06 NVC sent I-129F to embassy

09-05-06 Received at embassy

09-11-06 Packet 3 sent from embassy

10-06-06 Received Packet 3. Long delay in receiving the packet was due to postal miscue

10-06-06 Returned Packet 3

10-09-06 Received at embassy

10-31-06 Received Packet 4

11-14-06 Interview date

11-18-06 Travel to the States

Timeline

Ovet,

You sent the packet 3 off on or about October 2, 2006. We sent ours on October 6, a few days later, and have not received the packet 4 either. The mail in Colombia, especially the mail that is being delivered to Cali and surrounding cities takes forever. The embassy had mailed our packet 3 out on September 9. The post office in Tulua already had it there for over two weeks before delivering packet 3 on October 6. Can only hope that packet 4 arrives soon so I can make the travel arrangements. If no word by the end of the month then check the embassy website and see if your NVC number is posted and your scheduled interview date. If it is then you should contact the embassy because you need the letter with the interview date on it to get into the embassy on the date of the interview. Good luck, we may see you down there on the same date.

Hi salgood she fax and send packet 3 on the 28 of september I check the embassy website and our interview was not in October now Im waiting till the end of this week to give the embassy a call..I went by Tulua last month on my way to Pereira Tulua is a beautiful town..hope to see you guys in bogota next month good luck and I will post a message if I recieve packet 4 this week thank you..

I have been to Tulua many times, it is very nice. I always have to go past it on the drive from Cali to Armenia and then back when I am leaving. Johanna has family and friends in the next town over in Buga. Buga is also very nice and they have a very important church.

Peter Miami

Hi peter I went to that church last month I heard is over 100 years old Buga is a very beautiful town

Hi james did they tell you at the embassy that you can go the day before the medical and pick up packet 4?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Porsche, what telephone number did you call at the embassy. Was it the credit card pay number or a 1800 ?

I think you got me confused, contact jamesfreddyc above for anwser------sorry for confusion, best of luck!

;):D

09.09.2006 Marriage

I-130

10.03.06 sent

10.12.06 recieved by texas service center

10.18.06 NOA1 recieved from california service center

10.18.06 touched

02.09.07 NOA2 APPROVED! (90 minutes after K3 approval)

Held in CSC since pursuing K3

K-3 Visa

10.20.06 sent

10.24.06 recieved in Chicago

10.26.06 NOA1 recieved from Chicago/Missouri

11.01.06 touched

11.08.06 touched

11.09.06 recieved email advising sent to california service center for processing

11.15.06 recieved in california service center

11.16.06 touched

11.18.06 touched

01.25.07 email advising app was sent on 11.09.06 to california (same email recieved on 11/09/06 ?????)

01.28.07 touched (on a sunday)

02.09.07 NOA2 APPROVED!

Off to NVC

NVC to Bogota

Interview set on 04.04.07

Timeline

Ovet,

Peter Miami

Hi peter I went to that church last month I heard is over 100 years old Buga is a very beautiful town

Hi james did they tell you at the embassy that you can go the day before the medical and pick up packet 4?

Hope that al lwill turn out well for all of us. If you can post that phone number at the embassy for us we would appreciate it very much .Thanks

post-24859-1161838761_thumb.jpgpost-24859-1161838761_thumb.jpg

Ovet,

Peter Miami

Yes Peter, we have bee to that church also and took some pictures inside. I will try to attach one that turned out really nice as the dove of peace on one of the stained glass windows was right above our heads.

US1.GIFCOL.GIF

04-19-06 Sent I-129F

04-27-06 Received NOA1

07-31-06 Touched

08-07-06 Touched

08-14-06 Touched

08-16-06 Touched

08-19-06 Touched

10-06-06 Received Packet 3. Long delay in receiving the packet was due to postal miscue

11-14-06 Interview date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

James,

That is why I have written all these post to help people going through the Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. I have seen so many people that have not received that packet’s the it is incredible. Trust me you are not the only one you maybe the only one now but when I started in this website over a year ago it was a common problem.

This is why I got into a debate with “sjoefl01”, his fiancée is from Bogota so he can not appreciate all the problems that many VJ members have had with this. It is very easy to go across town as oppose to many, many hours on bus.

I am glad you have been on the ball lately and everything is starting to work out. If I can help you with anything let me know.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Timeline

Hi james I call the embassy on the number that is listed in the embassy website but they did not gave me any info they told me to keep checking the app dates on the website and if in 15 days before my app I dont recieve packet 4 to call back..do you have any other phone number that we can call?

Timeline

Hi james I call the embassy on the number that is listed in the embassy website but they did not gave me any info they told me to keep checking the app dates on the website and if in 15 days before my app I dont recieve packet 4 to call back..do you have any other phone number that we can call?

Well that information is all good and well but what if your interview falls within the first five days of the month ? How are you going to be able to set up the medica appointment in such a short time. I plan on traveling to Bogota with my fiance(e) but that would make the time factor very critical. Also the packet would have to be picked up personally at the embassy to get the documents that you have to take to the doctor for the medical exam. This mail system is terrible.

US1.GIFCOL.GIF

04-19-06 Sent I-129F

04-27-06 Received NOA1

07-31-06 Touched

08-07-06 Touched

08-14-06 Touched

08-16-06 Touched

08-19-06 Touched

11-14-06 Interview date

Timeline

Well that information is all good and well but what if your interview falls within the first five days of the month ? How are you going to be able to set up the medica appointment in such a short time. I plan on traveling to Bogota with my fiance(e) but that would make the time factor very critical. Also the packet would have to be picked up personally at the embassy to get the documents that you have to take to the doctor for the medical exam. This mail system is terrible.

Thats exactly what Im thinking about all we can do is wait till tuesday or wenesday to see the november dates and hope for the best

Timeline

Thats exactly what Im thinking about all we can do is wait till tuesday or wenesday to see the november dates and hope for the best

Yes that may be the earliest we find out what date the interview is scheduled. On a topic related; any good leads on hotels near the embassy that are reasonable ?

US1.GIFCOL.GIF

04-19-06 Sent I-129F

04-27-06 Received NOA1

07-31-06 Touched

08-07-06 Touched

08-14-06 Touched

08-16-06 Touched

08-19-06 Touched

11-14-06 Interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.