Chelly

Somebody help me for ECC certificate for my kids.....

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone...Hopefully somebody can share ideas/opinions or any experienced about getting an ECC certificate at immigration office either Manila or Cebu recently? We are leaving Philippines next month July 7 and I have 2 kids under 2 years old. They are naturally born here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, we were not able to get them a Philippine passport, they only have US passport. We were thinking that its too late now to get them a Philippines passport since we are leaving July 7 next month. What we are trying to figure out how much its gonna cost us to get a ECC certificate. Is anybody experience this kind of situation recently? We called BI in Cebu but they would not tell me how much.

Your reply's will be appreciated. thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone...Hopefully somebody can share ideas/opinions or any experienced about getting an ECC certificate at immigration office either Manila or Cebu recently? We are leaving Philippines next month July 7 and I have 2 kids under 2 years old. They are naturally born here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, we were not able to get them a Philippine passport, they only have US passport. We were thinking that its too late now to get them a Philippines passport since we are leaving July 7 next month. What we are trying to figure out how much its gonna cost us to get a ECC certificate. Is anybody experience this kind of situation recently? We called BI in Cebu but they would not tell me how much.

Your reply's will be appreciated. thank you.

Im sorry, this may be a dumb question whats a ECC certificat for?

Im sorry, this may be a dumb question whats a ECC certificat for?

Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC)

At the BI Website it says:

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

I reside in Dumaguete, went to BI here thought i could just get the exit clearance here but the Immigration guy here said call ARD (alien registration division) we do not do that here only in Manila or Cebu, called both, they will not tell me how much its gonna cost for my two children to depart, Only thingon the phone he would say is bring there passports we need to compute it from when they was born. So after doing some research it seems we gonna get axed on some fees and penaltys, this link I read on VJ:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Philippines_Specific_Immigration/Emigration_Requirements

( you'll be charged 300php per month overstay charge from birth until the time they depart the ) wow so your telling me its going to cost me near 10,000pesos, just wanted to ask anyone who maybe been through this, leaving Philippines with there newborn kids only with us passports and did you pay exit clearance at BI or at the airport, To me it sounds crazy that are kids born here in Philippines would be charged that much, any help from someone who has been there? pls help thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.