maim3

CRBA & US Passport

38 posts in this topic

I already did a lot of research and there's no one says"WHERE" to pay the fees. I know how much the fees already. It doesn't say there too how much is the courier fee within Manila. I hope somebody who had experience the CRBA process to reply here and share their experience specially "Where to pay the fees and if u need to pay in $. or in Peso".

Did you not see or read the link I just gave you to the very question your asking? Please read the thread and follow the information given. This is from the link above.

Non-Refundable Application Fee for CRBA. The fee for a CRBA is $100. Payment will be made at the Consular Section's Cashier on the day of the appointment, in cash (either dollors or pesos) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club).

Courier Delivery Fee. Upon approval, the CRBA will be delivered by the courier. The courier fee, which may vary depending on the delivery address, will be paid on the day of the appointment at the Embassy.

Also pay the fee for the US passport at the same time

Do this contact USEM and give them your address maybe they can give the cost

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Non-Refundable Application Fee for CRBA. The fee for a CRBA is $100. Payment will be made at the Consular Section's Cashier on the day of the appointment, in cash (either dollors or pesos) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club).

Courier Delivery Fee. Upon approval, the CRBA will be delivered by the courier. The courier fee, which may vary depending on the delivery address, will be paid on the day of the appointment at the Embassy.

We will pay at the embassy on the day of the interview, and the passport fee also which is $105. So expect to pay a minimum of $205 and probably 100PHP for the courier fee.. Good luck to both of us!

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

March 12, 2011 - Begin texting back and forth daily.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

June 23, 2011 - Formally propose.

July 23, 2011 - Married in Borongan City.

August 28, 2011 - My daughter is conceived (due on June 1, 2012) :D

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 8, 2012 - Case completed at NVC

March 20, 2012 - First day of med. exam.

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

March 29, 2012 - 3 day sputum test NEGATIVE (culture done on May 28th)

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

June 19, 2012 - Medical Exam Passed!!

June 22, 2012 - CRBA appt. for my baby girl. APPROVED!!! :D

June 26, 2012 - CR1 Visa Interview for my wife. APPROVED!!! :D

July 6, 2012 - Passport and CRBA in hand!

July 12, 2012 - Visa in hand!

July 19, 2012 - POE LAX!!

August 1, 2012 - Green Card Received!

event.png

age.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already did a lot of research and there's no one says"WHERE" to pay the fees. I know how much the fees already. It doesn't say there too how much is the courier fee within Manila. I hope somebody who had experience the CRBA process to reply here and share their experience specially "Where to pay the fees and if u need to pay in $. or in Peso".

Hi,

I'm also going through the same process but only harder cuz our baby was born out of wedlock.

Please take the time to read what's on this link. http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

The fee for a CRBA is $100. Payment will be made at the Consular Section's Cashier on the day of the appointment, in cash (either dollors or pesos) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club).

The passport fee for a child under 16 is $105; for those 16 and over, the fee is $135.

Im sure the courier fee wouldn't cost more than 500 pesos.

-shai

Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God

To everyone who have baby born here in Philippines to a USC father,you should apply for the CBRA and passport at the same time.That is what me and my husband did with our two kids.These are the docs needed for mother:prenatal records such as ultrasounds and your pregnancy book,birth certificate from NSO,marriage contract if married,baby's birth certificate from NSO,vaccine records,2x2 photos with white background two copies for mom and three copies for the baby,two valid IDs and passport.just make sure to make copies of all the documents and if I were you make two separate envelope of originals and photo copies just so it's easy for the consul to Check on it.For the father he needs to provide original documents that proves he lives in the US more than five years such us high school diploma,divorce decree if he was married before,birth certificate and all other documents listed that proves it.he will need two copies of photos white background.Fill out the CBRA application and also the passport application and print it out same with the appointment letter.I will suggest to print two of each for record keeping.Father will also have to make copies of his passport specially the page when the time you both believe the baby was conceived.make sure too you got pictures together if you are married for less than two years.Once you go to the USEM show the appointment letter and wait for the cue for You to go upstairs they will give you the number which is flash on the board and they will ask you to present the documents.NOTE:on this first window A Filipino will get the papers and will do a little questioning.Once your done they will ask you to pay you will go back to the window you were at and show the receipt and then wait for the number to flash again on the close room where interview is going to happen.They will ask few questions base on the documents you presented and some personal question if they have to.they will retain some original docs and some will be given back to you.After going to the courier service give the receipt to the first window and you can go home.After Eleven days both passport and CBRA will be recieve.It is easier to do both since requirement are the same and you can make two appointments if you have two kids needed CBRA and passport.This is what we did last March with our two year old boy and one month old daughter.For those that father will not be around to apply this there is a document for consent that can be notarized but he have to get it himself from the nearest US consulate where he is at.I hope it helps,all of this got easier by reading blogs and forums.

Have a blessed day!

To everyone who have baby born here in Philippines to a USC father,you should apply for the CBRA and passport at the same time.That is what me and my husband did with our two kids.These are the docs needed for mother:prenatal records such as ultrasounds and your pregnancy book,birth certificate from NSO,marriage contract if married,baby's birth certificate from NSO,vaccine records,2x2 photos with white background two copies for mom and three copies for the baby,two valid IDs and passport.just make sure to make copies of all the documents and if I were you make two separate envelope of originals and photo copies just so it's easy for the consul to Check on it.For the father he needs to provide original documents that proves he lives in the US more than five years such us high school diploma,divorce decree if he was married before,birth certificate and all other documents listed that proves it.he will need two copies of photos white background.Fill out the CBRA application and also the passport application and print it out same with the appointment letter.I will suggest to print two of each for record keeping.Father will also have to make copies of his passport specially the page when the time you both believe the baby was conceived.make sure too you got pictures together if you are married for less than two years.Once you go to the USEM show the appointment letter and wait for the cue for You to go upstairs they will give you the number which is flash on the board and they will ask you to present the documents.NOTE:on this first window A Filipino will get the papers and will do a little questioning.Once your done they will ask you to pay you will go back to the window you were at and show the receipt and then wait for the number to flash again on the close room where interview is going to happen.They will ask few questions base on the documents you presented and some personal question if they have to.they will retain some original docs and some will be given back to you.After going to the courier service give the receipt to the first window and you can go home.After Eleven days both passport and CBRA will be recieve.It is easier to do both since requirement are the same and you can make two appointments if you have two kids needed CBRA and passport.This is what we did last March with our two year old boy and one month old daughter.For those that father will not be around to apply this there is a document for consent that can be notarized but he have to get it himself from the nearest US consulate where he is at.I hope it helps,all of this got easier by reading blogs and forums.

Have a blessed day!

What consent 'form' are you talking about, vague info. If it's the Statement of Consent (DS-3053) for the DS-11 then the US citizen does not need to get it himself from the nearest US consulate this can be obtained online as with all forms for the CRBA applicant. And DS-11 form.

Best thing anyone can do is, refer to USEM (First-Time Report of Birth Abroad)

and the (CRBA CHECK LIST) for the most accurate representation and forms.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80106.pdf

Edited by sjr09

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Scheduled an appointment to apply for the CRBA ASAP before your wifes interview.

Hi sjr09!

Good that i saw this suggestion!!! i will be applying also for a CRBA and a Passport for my son but still waiting for the result of my Sputum Culture. I still dont have my K1 interview schedule because St. Luke will be the one to do that. My worry is that my medical's validity will start this coming March 21, 2013 until June 21, 2013. there are still so many things to do like for the CRBA and Passport Application. I was about to ask if its is okay to apply for CRBA first before scheduling my K1 interview sot hat i wont run out of time.

Need more suggestions/comments. Thank you so much!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi sjr09!

Good that i saw this suggestion!!! i will be applying also for a CRBA and a Passport for my son but still waiting for the result of my Sputum Culture. I still dont have my K1 interview schedule because St. Luke will be the one to do that. My worry is that my medical's validity will start this coming March 21, 2013 until June 21, 2013. there are still so many things to do like for the CRBA and Passport Application. I was about to ask if its is okay to apply for CRBA first before scheduling my K1 interview sot hat i wont run out of time.

hi there. i hope you can post updates about your CRBA experience until you have the US passport for your son. are you gonna apply CRBA and passport in the same day? i will be delivering this May and we're hoping to do this As soon as i will have my baby's NSO. i'm still waiting for my NOA2 though.

hi there. i hope you can post updates about your CRBA experience until you have the US passport for your son. are you gonna apply CRBA and passport in the same day? i will be delivering this May and we're hoping to do this As soon as i will have my baby's NSO. i'm still waiting for my NOA2 though.

Rather pointless to go back later for the US passport, when you can do them both at the same time. :idea:

Hi sjr09!

Yes, apply for the childs PI passport and CRBA, (in that order) ASAP

Timeline

Hi! promise to post updates about my CRBA and Passport Application... yes i will be applying CRBA and Passport on the same day.

• 3 months later...

PLEASE REPLY! OK SO I GAVE BIRTH LAST NOV 2012 AND AFTER SEVEN MONTHS OF WAITING I WILL NOW HAVE MY INTERVIEW FOR K1 VISA ON JULYY 30. SO MY PRONLEM WAS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE WILL BE FILED AROUND THIS WEEK UNDER LATE REGSTRATION BECAUSE MY FIANCE SEND IT TO ME JUST HE HAD TO SIGNED IT. AND CITY HALL SAID IT WILL TAKE 11 DAYS FOR THE PROCESSING AND THEN THATS THE TIME THEY WILL FOWARD IT TO NSO. I WAS JUST THINKING LIKE CAN I REQUEST FOR EXPEDITE THEY SAID IT WILL TAKE TWO MONTHS BEFORE THEY RELEASE TRUE COPY OF BIRTH CERT, ITS KINDA HASSLE BECUASE ONCE I GET APPROVED FOR K1 I WILL STILL WAIT UNTIL I CAN HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR CRBA.. UGH

Filed cr1 via dcf nov 14, 2014

Approved application nov 26, 2014

Case number december 3, 2014

-----------------------------------had personal things to do so medical and interview was delayed after a month

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Interview- feb 12 2015 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

PLEASE REPLY! OK SO I GAVE BIRTH LAST NOV 2012 AND AFTER SEVEN MONTHS OF WAITING I WILL NOW HAVE MY INTERVIEW FOR K1 VISA ON JULYY 30. SO MY PRONLEM WAS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE WILL BE FILED AROUND THIS WEEK UNDER LATE REGSTRATION BECAUSE MY FIANCE SEND IT TO ME JUST HE HAD TO SIGNED IT. AND CITY HALL SAID IT WILL TAKE 11 DAYS FOR THE PROCESSING AND THEN THATS THE TIME THEY WILL FOWARD IT TO NSO. I WAS JUST THINKING LIKE CAN I REQUEST FOR EXPEDITE THEY SAID IT WILL TAKE TWO MONTHS BEFORE THEY RELEASE TRUE COPY OF BIRTH CERT, ITS KINDA HASSLE BECUASE ONCE I GET APPROVED FOR K1 I WILL STILL WAIT UNTIL I CAN HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR CRBA.. UGH

hi I know your pain. I've been there and my case is worse! I already had my k1 visa when I started the crba it means I only have 2 months to accomplish it because my visa will expire. And Quezon City hall don't expedite the process. but good thing I was still working in the government that time so I used connections and will power and a lot of prayers. what city hall did u file the bc? just try to talk to the registrar and ask if u can forward it by yourself in nso. there is an nso office in quezon avenue that process expedited cases. good luck!

di ba once you have your visa it will expire after one year? and where at q.ave?can u give me landmark... and how much for expedite?? i will file at q.c city hall.

-----------------------------------had personal things to do so medical and interview was delayed after a month

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Timeline

No. 2 months Lang, u have to leave before it expires. like me 1 day before the expiration nakaalis kaya sobrang nakaka stress. Naku QC hall Ka din pala sobrang strict nila pero try mo pa rin makiusap Sa mismong registrar yung naka sign Sa bc ng baby mo. yung nso Sa q.ave, Kung galing Ka Sa may circle just after mag u turn ng sasakyan Kung papunta Sa q.ave MRT station. old building yun may nakalagay naman n nso katabi ng Mercedes cake shop yata yun. pero ingat Ka maraming fixer Sa labas wag Mong kausapin d Ka matutulungan nila. akyat Ka Sa last floor sabihin mo na Lang kakausapin mo yung nag e expedite ng bc pinaka bossing nila. I forgot the name eh. d ko na maalala magkano nagastos ko pero d naman mahal kasi legal yung mga fees. Wala Ka naman magiging problema Sa nso Sa QC hall ang pinaka mahirap.

No. 2 months Lang, u have to leave before it expires. like me 1 day before the expiration nakaalis kaya sobrang nakaka stress. Naku QC hall Ka din pala sobrang strict nila pero try mo pa rin makiusap Sa mismong registrar yung naka sign Sa bc ng baby mo. yung nso Sa q.ave, Kung galing Ka Sa may circle just after mag u turn ng sasakyan Kung papunta Sa q.ave MRT station. old building yun may nakalagay naman n nso katabi ng Mercedes cake shop yata yun. pero ingat Ka maraming fixer Sa labas wag Mong kausapin d Ka matutulungan nila. akyat Ka Sa last floor sabihin mo na Lang kakausapin mo yung nag e expedite ng bc pinaka bossing nila. I forgot the name eh. d ko na maalala magkano nagastos ko pero d naman mahal kasi legal yung mga fees. Wala Ka naman magiging problema Sa nso Sa QC hall ang pinaka mahirap.

talga?! 2months lang dapat maka alis na?! omg! eh paano na baby ko. haay. grabe kasi tlga. haay. cge ill try to talk sa qc hall... grabe nmn. akala ko one year mgexpira yung visa

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.