CJR99

DV2013 AOS

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Wwowww! I am so glad I have found this forum.... And you guys are awesome!!! I couldn’t get really helpful information regarding AOS from the official sites. Reading through AOS threads in this forum helped me a lot to get basic ideas about it.

I am one of the selected ones for the DV 2013(CASE NUMBER: 2013AS00005***). I am in the U.S with F-1 visa so I am doing AOS. I have several questions to make sure I have understood the process of AOS correctly.

I am assuming that the below is the list of steps I have to do to proceed AOS. And I have several questions regarding each of them.

1) Send the package of DSP-122 with the barcode paper and two photographs.

Question-A: I can send this package right now without waiting until October 1st, ...right?

Question-B: I checked the USCIS site and it said that I have to pay $330. Do I have to pay right after sending the package? Or does KCC notify me to pay the fee of $330 after receiving my DSP-122 package?

Question-C: Do I have to include a cover letter(beside DSP-122 with the barcode paper and two photographs) for informing KCC that I am doing Adjustment of Status in United States or anything else in the package?.

2) Take Immigration Medical Examinations

3) Send I-485 package (with Birth Certificate, Copy of passport with nonimmigrant visa, 2 identical passport photos, Medical Examination, Biographic Information Form)

Question-A: Do I have to wait until October 1st to send this package? How to know when I should file this form?

Question-B: The items below are all required for I-485 filing,... right or anything else?

-Birth Certificate

-Copy of passport with nonimmigrant visa

-2 identical passport photos

-Medical Examination

-Biographic Information Form

4) Take Biometric Service after getting the notification from USCIS.

5) Interview

Thank You, Guys!

Any help is greatly appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...

you need to register your DV case with DOS by sending the forms to KY ASAP.

after you send them, you have to send the money to DOS , then they will send you a receipt. you need to wait after October , when the Visa bulletin announce that your visa case is available , so they have a visa number for you. then you submit the AOS package to USCIS. be advised that you need to be in status till you submit the AOS + after you submit the DV package to KY don't try to leave the country, because may be you will have trouble in the POE.

AOS:

you need to do a medical exam I693, this is should be done by USCIS approved Dr

Edited by myafi1985

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.