Mark UK

Vaccination confirmation before Permanent Residency application

5 posts in this topic

DA,

I'm moving to the US on the 12th after a long wait for the K-1 visa! :-)

We'll be getting married on the 2nd of November and will be submitting my application for my permanent residency and EAD the same day, hopefully (before we go on honeymoon, anyway).

I've been through my visa medical but I understand that I will need to send in my vaccination supplement. However, as I'm a Brit, I wasn't able to confirm that I have a vaccination for varicella (chicken pox) as the medical people in London told me this wasn't possible in the UK.

What should I do in order to get this vaccination and get my vaccinations 'approved'. Are there any 'approved' doctors in the Pittsburgh/Kittanning area? I presume I need to do this BEFORE I submit my application for permanent residency…

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Filed: Other Timeline

Let me think.

There's a list of civil surgeons on uscis.gov. Somewhere. If you do a search for it they should be listed by state.

My husbands civil surgeon was satisfied on the requirement by my husband simply telling him the approximate age he was when he had chicken pox. Some doc's might want you to do a titre test.

Filed: Timeline

Congrats on your up-coming marriage... you will need to take your vaccination record to a Civil Surgeon once you are in the States and get them to transfer the information on to the I693A form....

It is unlikely you will be able to file for AOS the day after your wedding because you will need to include a copy of your marriage certificate and this can take anything from a few days up to a few weeks to get.... I would sugest you have a wonderful honeymoon (within the US) and then sort out your AOS form on your return....

Hope all goes well for you.

Kezzie

Let me think.

There's a list of civil surgeons on uscis.gov. Somewhere. If you do a search for it they should be listed by state.

My husbands civil surgeon was satisfied on the requirement by my husband simply telling him the approximate age he was when he had chicken pox. Some doc's might want you to do a titre test.

Hi, there,

I imagine they'll want to test me, etc, because I don't think I've ever had chicken pox. I can do that before I submit my application, though, right?

Mark

Congrats on your up-coming marriage... you will need to take your vaccination record to a Civil Surgeon once you are in the States and get them to transfer the information on to the I693A form....

It is unlikely you will be able to file for AOS the day after your wedding because you will need to include a copy of your marriage certificate and this can take anything from a few days up to a few weeks to get.... I would sugest you have a wonderful honeymoon (within the US) and then sort out your AOS form on your return....

Hope all goes well for you.

Kezzie

Thanks, Kezzie,

Is that the vaccination record from my GP?

Actually, we're hoping to ask the pastor nicely if he'll give us the marriage certificate that day. Do you know if that would be possible? I read somewhere that it would be if you asked in advance...

Mark

You do get a certificate on the day but that has no legal value. The real certificate can only be obtained a few days later at minimum as Kessie says. The real legal certificate is registered which is why it takes a few days.

As for your titres, if you want to rush it through get it done now if you're not going to have much time when you arrive in the US. I don't know where you live, but I got my titres done at a clinic on Victoria station, but that was handy for me as I passed through there every day.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.