ChristinaandVarun

NSW Australia Police Checks

1 post in this topic

My husband decided to transfer his private security license to Melbourne due to relocation from Sydney therefore he had to have a NSW police check with fingerprints done. He returned to the same police station in Newtown to have a second police check and fingerprints done for our spousal visa. Each at $175 a pop. He called to check on the status of these police checks when he was informed they do not have record of two police checks even though he has two document ID numbers from having both done. The Newtown police station told him he'd have to redo the police checks and pay $175 again, he should have waited at least 7 days before having the second police check done. Why didn't they tell him this info when he went there to have the second one done? I'm so angry! Furthermore, he must have visited three police stations to get his police checks, they all gave him the "run around." He even waited for 3 hours at Newtown for the first police check when an officer told him, he should have called for an appointment, which my husband explained that he did, then the officer said their machine is broken he'd have to come back.

Anyone know who I can contact regarding this matter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.