1 post in this topic

I was petitioned by my step dad who is cuban and is a permanent resident because he is cuban i went through the cuban adjustment act the thing is I was living in texas while him and my mom were living in florida i could not go to florida because my tourist visa had expired and could not cross the check point anyway we were told that there was no problem and that a petition could be made without us living together so i went through the whole process bio metrics got my ead and everything when the interview came step dad flew down to texas and at the interview the io said he could not approve because the cuban adjustment act requires for me to be residing with him my only option was to drop everything and fly to florida i could now do this because with my ead i got my social and drivers licence so passed airport no problem the plan was to start over the process with me living here now but could not start until the past case was closed so got an info pass and went to the uscis office to ask for status update and i explained everything to the lady there and she said that my case was not denied that it was sent out to something i dont remember the term she used but she recommended to ask for my case to be transferred to flordia and she said i could get a 2nd interview she made me fill out a blue form requesting the transfer she kept that plus i also filled out the form requesting the case transfer that you send in the mail but its been a while and have not received anything. The thought of getting a 2nd interview sounded too good to be true but im not giving up hope i just want to know if anyone has heard of this or what should i expect to happen please help thankyou ps. i recently got a letter from selective service to my address here in florida saying i was signed up and everything but i never filled out any forms I bring it up because i know when people of age get their GC they get this letter couple of weeks after

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.