JC&Evelin

Pregnancy Can Delay My Petition?

22 posts in this topic

I feel like he could try that but only if she's high risk.... if it were that easy to get cases expedited based on pregnancy then EVERYONE would get pregnant.

It is not the pregnancy, but one's situation while they are in that state that may need requesting the expedite. That's why I mentioned if his wife is facing any hardships while she is pregnant and if her husband can provide better care for her. Everything you say has to be backed by documents and I don't know if they will take "pregnancy" alone as a reason for expedition. With that, I am not sure how many people would actually try to get pregnant just to have their cases expedited. These cases can take at the most up to a year for processing and once your are together you wouldn't remember the time spent being away from each other. whereas, timing of having children or having children effects your / child's life and the years to come. I wouldn't think it would be a wise thing to bring a new life into the world just for the sake of increasing the number of months you will live together with your spouse.

You right optimistic_5. My child is coming because we wanted to have a child :) I am pretty sure she needs me to be with her. And I would love to be with her. But she will have to handle it alone :( I will be here doing everything to have her here asap.

Finally we all three together. We are happy :)

You right optimistic_5. My child is coming because we wanted to have a child :) I am pretty sure she needs me to be with her. And I would love to be with her. But she will have to handle it alone :( I will be here doing everything to have her here asap.

If it makes you feel any better my husband was sent to immigration jail 5 days before I gave birth. The first time he saw our daughter (who I gave birth to alone) was through a pane glass window in the jail at our wedding... and the second time (and first tim he got to hold her) was 2 weeks ago. She'll be 6 months old on the 10th..

Hang in there.

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's sad :( thanks for sharing that. I am glad your partner got to hold his child :)

I think we can all agree the whole immigration process is really long and painful :(

Hopefully in your case you won't have to do an i601 or anything... good luck, Carlos!

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do know of one person where they delayed the visa interview in ES until after the birth of the child. A DNA test was required. It might of been because of the age difference. Hope you don't get extra scrutiny.

Edited by Jaqui

08/08/08 Married

11/22/11 Interview in San Salvador

11/29/11 Submitted I-601 waiver

04/16/12 Submitted expedite request

04/18/12 Expedite request approved

05/17/12 I-601 waiver approved

05/27/12 DH enters US as LPR

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.