Visitor

N-400 Application question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so please bear with my inexperience. Thank you.

I'm Australian and I'm applying for US citizenship. I do qualify as I've lived here as a permanent resident for over 10 years and have been married to an American born citizen for that time.

On the N-400 form Part 1 - Section C - Have you ever used other names, provide them below. The questions before it ask my current legal name and name exactly as it appears on my Permanent Resident Card.

Does the question pertain to the surround questions as in the US or does it mean all the names I've had since birth?

I have been married and divorced prior to this marriage. I still use my Australian passport when I travel and passport name as I haven't (and probably won't) change my passport name as it's unnecessary and too complicated. I have always and only used my US married name for everything since I've lived in the US. I haven't changed my name to anything else and don't wish to so will always use my US married name but this question has me somewhat confused.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so please bear with my inexperience. Thank you.

I'm Australian and I'm applying for US citizenship. I do qualify as I've lived here as a permanent resident for over 10 years and have been married to an American born citizen for that time.

On the N-400 form Part 1 - Section C - Have you ever used other names, provide them below. The questions before it ask my current legal name and name exactly as it appears on my Permanent Resident Card.

Does the question pertain to the surround questions as in the US or does it mean all the names I've had since birth?

I have been married and divorced prior to this marriage. I still use my Australian passport when I travel and passport name as I haven't (and probably won't) change my passport name as it's unnecessary and too complicated. I have always and only used my US married name for everything since I've lived in the US. I haven't changed my name to anything else and don't wish to so will always use my US married name but this question has me somewhat confused.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

You need to provide all information. So yes, this includes all names since your birth.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I know I have to provide all information and have all the documents to do so but they ask the same question later in the forms. This particular question had me confused because of the questions prior to it referring to current name but I will cover myself by attaching a piece of paper with all the necessary info and if needed repeat it again on other pages as requested. I'm hoping too much info or repeated information is better than not enough in this case.

Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.