MrTee12

What to Do after receiving your NOA2

83 posts in this topic

Do I need to bring a police report on my self or does only my fiance in the Dominican Republic need one?

Edited by mavmb

Do I need to bring a police report on my self or does only my fiance in the Dominican Republic need one?

Only your fiancee needs to obtain one and bring it to the Interview. Your background checks are done when you submitted you information with the USCIS petition.

Thank you so much. This has been so helpful! My fiance and I have our interview date in October. She still hasn't gotten anything in the mail from the embassy nor a call from the embassy. I called and they said the package was sent to her beginning of August. I suppose she is going to have to go to the embassy to get the package.

No problem. Some people never receive their packet. You have to be pro-active. Keeping calling NVC/DOS and check the nearest post office. Prepare for the interview along the way.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Thank you. We are doing everything we can to pass this interview. My fiance and I don't have any kids, so it looks like we will just need the DS-156, DS-0156-K, and the DS-130 Part 1 form. The embassy website states "You must fill out Form DS-156 online, each application will generate a specific barcode for each printed form." This means it has to be submitted electronically somehow or does this mean it just has to be typed and not hand written? My fiance has to take these 3 forms along with proof of our relationship to the banco when she pays for the fee? Thanks again. I am nervous about this whole process.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

We are doing everything we can to pass this interview.

As you should!

My fiance and I don't have any kids, so it looks like we will just need the DS-156, DS-0156-K, and the DS-130 Part 1 form. The embassy website states "You must fill out Form DS-156 online, each application will generate a specific barcode for each printed form." This means it has to be submitted electronically somehow or does this mean it just has to be typed and not hand written? My fiance has to take these 3 forms along with proof of our relationship to the banco when she pays for the fee?

Yea, take the visa forms and the correct amount of money to any Banco Popular. After you complete the DS-150 (online) you will need to print it.

Thanks again. I am nervous about this whole process.

Try to not over-stress. Read up on what's required as much as possible. Be prepared! If you 2 are a real couple and have no red flags (criminal history, previous visa fraud), there's no reason to worry.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Thank you Mr. Tee. We both have clean records and no children nor previous marriages, so this should be simple I know. I am just worried about not having one of these forms filled out correctly. I guess then the DS-156, when you print it from the website, it generates a bar code that is used later? I was confused because I thought the form had to be submitted or uploaded somewhere on the website before the interview. I worry too much I know

Not to confuse anyone, but there's an error in the cost of the visa on the last update.

Error in bold is correct now. You have to pay $160 not $140. Sorry for the mistake.

*Expenses: (as of July 2013)
- Medical Exam = $180 USD
- Vaccines = $110 USD (optional, but highly recommended) Prices vary based on age.
- Banco Popular Visa Application Fee = $156 USD ($160 + $16 service fee) – 2 separate payments, 2 separate receipts
- Visa Fee paid day of interview at Consulate = $80 USD
- DOMEX Courier Service to approved Visa = $ 9.50 – 12 USD (depending on delivery location) or ask to pick up from Consulate or Santiago.
- Travel & Hotel Expenses = Varies

New Immigrant fee ($165) is only for Marriage Visas (CR1/IR1) not K1.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi to all

i have a question, yesterday i receive my packet 4 and when i was looking at it i didnt had any information of the medical exam, i just receive the approval letter, the instructions of what to do from now on and 2 forms, thats means my packet its incompleate?? in that case where should i call to get all the information im suppose to receive? Or can i take my medical exam only with the appoval letter i receive?

I will appreciate your comments

Hi to all

i have a question, yesterday i receive my packet 4 and when i was looking at it i didnt had any information of the medical exam, i just receive the approval letter, the instructions of what to do from now on and 2 forms, thats means my packet its incompleate?? in that case where should i call to get all the information im suppose to receive? Or can i take my medical exam only with the appoval letter i receive?

hi, When the embassy received your papers? .... please uptade your timeline...

Hi to all

There was no blue medical appointment letter? Wow. It must be a mistake. I would contact the the Embassy immediately. You may need to go to Santo Domingo to pick up a duplicate copy.

Yes, the blue letter said that our case was approved and said the date and time of our interview, thats the one i need for my medical exam? Besides my passport and photo?

Yes, the blue letter said that our case was approved and said the date and time of our interview, thats the one i need for my medical exam? Besides my passport and photo?

Take that letter, $$, passport, cedula, and photos to the medical office at least 10 days before your scheduled interview to get your medical exam completed.

Edited by MrTee12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.