Greene Giant

Toronto Medical March 19th/12

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

So I thought I would share my experience getting the medical done for the interview. I went today in Toronto. I arrived at the medical building on Bloor St at around 6:45am. There was another lady and a family who came shortly after. We were allowed in the building just after 7am. I was the first to be seen and the process is super fast! First you go into an office and pay your fees and show your documents. Then you get your receipt and go into the next room to get the physical done. It only takes about 10 mins from start to finish. After your exam you are told to go back into the waiting room to be called for blood work. When I entered the waiting room it was PACKED!!!! I only had to wait about 2 mins to get my blood work. My blood work took the longest because the nurse was having a hard time getting a vein. Then I was off for my xray which happens at a building just around the corner.

I arrived for my medical at 6:45 and was done just after 9am. It really is an easy process :)My advice would be arrive super early! Hope this helps!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I had my medical done in Toronto last June, they told me that they do immigration exams Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for whoever shows up there before 8am (I -think- it was 8am). However, the office has moved since then and presumably their hours might have changed a bit too.

"All appointments occur between 7:30 am to 9:00 am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You must make an appointment for a particular day. You may come any time between 7:30 and 9:00 am."

From their web site, and also from the information sent when you schedule an appointment date.

Hope that helps.

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Timeline

When I had my medical there last June I did not have to read from an eye chart- I think only Medisy's does this. Even so they can't fail your medical just because you need a new prescription for eyeglasses. Bad eyesight isn't contagious :D

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,

I will be scheduling my medical anyday.. How much is it?

Hey Everyone!

So I thought I would share my experience getting the medical done for the interview. I went today in Toronto. I arrived at the medical building on Bloor St at around 6:45am. There was another lady and a family who came shortly after. We were allowed in the building just after 7am. I was the first to be seen and the process is super fast! First you go into an office and pay your fees and show your documents. Then you get your receipt and go into the next room to get the physical done. It only takes about 10 mins from start to finish. After your exam you are told to go back into the waiting room to be called for blood work. When I entered the waiting room it was PACKED!!!! I only had to wait about 2 mins to get my blood work. My blood work took the longest because the nurse was having a hard time getting a vein. Then I was off for my xray which happens at a building just around the corner.

I arrived for my medical at 6:45 and was done just after 9am. It really is an easy process :)My advice would be arrive super early! Hope this helps!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I had my medical there last June I did not have to read from an eye chart- I think only Medisy's does this. Even so they can't fail your medical just because you need a new prescription for eyeglasses. Bad eyesight isn't contagious :D

The worst part about medisys having you read the eye chart... they told me to put my glasses on then read the chart. I did this, the woman then told me " you need glasses to read the chart " make sure to have your eyes regularly checked when you move to the USA in case your prescription changes. It was really hard not to laugh because I can read the chart without my glasses and with them, they don't even really " test " your vision at all !

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Hello,

I will be scheduling my medical anyday.. How much is it?

Check the website: http://www.panelphysicians.com/ That's for Dr. Seiden's.

Inky: that's hilarious! The exam felt rushed to me... Like they were just putting us through a factory line to get us out of there, haha.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

I just booked my Medical... I called and they did not answer, So I left a voicemail with my Name, phone number and the day I would like to be seeing... So, the same day the receptionist called me back and booked my Medical for the day I wanted..

300$ CN Cash

Cam & Ellie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just booked my Medical... I called and they did not answer, So I left a voicemail with my Name, phone number and the day I would like to be seeing... So, the same day the receptionist called me back and booked my Medical for the day I wanted..

300$ CN Cash

Wow ! its way less expensive to go to medisys in montreal =(

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Wow ! its way less expensive to go to medisys in montreal =(

So how much is it in Montreal?

Are there any benefits to booking the med in Montreal than in Toronto?

If I have to go to Montreal for the interview....is it not best to schedule the med there too? ....and save myself a trip to Toronto?

I believe I read somewhere that people have booked the medical the day before the interview....or am I dreaming this?

Timeline

I wouldn't book my medical exam a day before the interview, it sounds "risky" .. just my opinion and own sense.

Parking in Toronto can be painful :( ... specially Bloor St downtown area. There are some private parking, some public parking on the street that you usually pay 2,5$ hour or some park you pay 8/10$ for a couple of hours.. It depends.

There also some street park for free and the sign usually says for how long, not sure near of the Doc. building.

My Medical is in 2 weeks, I will take the subway, easier for me.

Hope that helps!

Cam & Ellie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.