benandkym

London Packet 3

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, i returned my Packet 3 back to the London Embassy on Sept 11th and the DOS number still tells

me that they have no record of the embassy receiving the packet. I'm concerned as other members have

returned there packet after mine and they already have received a interview date.

The address i returned the packet was : Embassy of the USA, Visa Branch, 5 upper Grosvenor Street,

London, W1A 2JB. Is this correct? Or has anyone sent the packet to a different address?

Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

Might have gotten lost in the post; the Royal Mail is a very reliable system but it does seem to lose post about as often as the USPS. I always sent items registered to the US embassy, just to be sure.

I would contact the embassy and explain the problem; you might just have to fill out the forms again, it's probably nothing serious and I bet it happens pretty regularly!

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

I sent the packet from the United States at the post office, the tracking number confirmed it was delivered.

I'm just confused. Should i go ahead and send another packet 3 to them now or will this hold things up more? I had emailed them 5 days ago and have got no reply yet.

Filed: Other Timeline

If you used the address they gave you and you have a confirmed delivery receipt then it got there.

London does not log the petitions in a first in first out basis.

It's just in the mail room waiting to be logged into their computer. Which sometimes takes 3-4 weeks.

Besides if you are still phoning NVC for case status, they can't help you. Once the petition is sent to the consulate all further information comes from that consulate.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

My case was approved and sent to the London consulate in the begining of August. They sent Packet 3

to me on the 1st of september, they should of had it now for at least 3-4 weeks. I was just making sure that was the exact address to send it to. Sorry but it is just kinda frustrating.

Filed: Timeline
My case was approved and sent to the London consulate in the begining of August. They sent Packet 3

to me on the 1st of september, they should of had it now for at least 3-4 weeks. I was just making sure that was the exact address to send it to. Sorry but it is just kinda frustrating.

I'd call the expensive phone number f the consulate!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.