Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Picking up Reentry Permit Abroad

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am a US Permanent Resident and I applied for a Reentry Permit (I-131) while in the US. I had my biometrics done and waiting for the permit to come out. While applying, I marked that I want to have it picked up at the US Consulate Office in Shanghai, China. It is possible to have my parents pick up the document at the consulate office, or do I have to go myself? Also, can I change where I want to pick up the document to another consulate in a different country (Korea)?

Last thing, I cannot find the document with the receipt number to check my status. Is there any way to find out my receipt number? I tried making an appointment with Infopass, but there were no appointments available in my area.

Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.