ajsimpson64

AOS.......Just not happening

4 posts in this topic

This is a letter i sent to the USCIS Congressional unit. To try and get some help regarding my pending AOS Interview and bungled atempt for a continuation EAD card. This Immigration process has been a pain in the butt since day one, or from the time i arrived in America.......Whats going on ?

Dear Mr, .........................

May I start by saying that you helped me out when my first Employment Authorization, EAD, was sent to me late after being lost in the system. When the card did finally arrive, it had the wrong alien number on it. You very kindly sorted the problem out and resolved the situation very quickly, and I thank you for that. Now I have a few more problems that I hope you can sort out or help me understand why things seem to be so difficult to process. Below is an outline of our case so far:

USCIS A#

I-765 Application #

My Employment Authorization,EAD, is about to expire on 09-25-06. I applied for a replacement card on the 07-16-06 and had a Notice 0f Action of 07-21-06. On 08-16-06, I had my ASC Appointment for my second biometrics at the USCIS office in Metairie, LA 70001. Everything went ok and I was informed to wait about 2-3 weeks for my card to be sent to me.

It is now very near the expiration date on my existing card. I phoned the USCIS information line and was told to wait the 90 days processing time. I was also informed that I cannot work until the new card arrives in the post after being told that I should receive it before the old one expires.

My worry is that I need to put food on the table and pay my bills and house note. I would have thought that the work permit should overlap to avoid this interruption which will cause hard ship for my family. I have followed the guide line set by the USCIS on applying for a continuation work permit before the old one expires. I feel that through no fault of my own I will lose out financially because of this situation.

My application for AOS, I-485 is also taking a long time to complete or go through the Immigration process. Below is a timeline of this process so far:

I-485- Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Receipt Number .....................

Received date May, 2005

Notice date June, 2005

Biometrics July , 2005

We had a request for further evidence and information, RFE. That was returned and received by the USCIS on August, 2005.

We also used the online status website for further processing and noticed that interviews had been canceled after, not even being informed of a pending interview.

Interview canceled December, 2005

Interview canceled July. 2006

This is the last known update on the UCSIS Website as you can see by the attached copy of online status dated, August, 2005. The process was taking between 120 and 180 days to process . The update also states that because preliminary processing was complete the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated.

I have contacted the USCIS on a number of occasions, just to be told to wait and be patient. At this time in the process, I would just like to know if I am still in the system, and I feel that I have been very patient indeed. My K3 Visa has an expiration date of the March 2007 and I can see other problems arising if the AOS part of the Immigration process has not been completed to the next stage.

Thank you for your help in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Me ...........................

THE SAGA CONTINUES...............and YES I'M P****D

Anthony & Maryanne

06/25/04...... I-129F NOA

06/08/04.......I-130 NOA

12/15/04........Approval Notice I-130

01/06/05........Approval Notice I-129F

03/16/05 .......London Medical & interview K 3

04/29/05........USA arrival on K 3 Visa

06/08/05........NOA on AOS & E.A.D

07/13/05........Biometrics & Fingerprints

09/29/05........E.A.D Approval

11/03/05........waiting for Approval notice & work authorization card.....148 DAYS so far

10-03-06........STILL WAITING FOR AOS INTERVIEW, AFTER BEING CANCELED 2 TIMES !!!!!!!

NEXT STEP.....UPDATE MY 1O YEAR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

nice letters...

post replies when you get them.. might be interesting to see..

it looks like there are alot of problems processing through NO. I am not holding my breath that we will get an interview there soon either, especially since the time is now going backwards on their website..

I hope yours gets resolved soon and good luck!

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

if you're K3, why didn't you get a 2 year EAD? You should have gotten one that would expire the same time as your K3, not before.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

also if you're renewing your EAD, I believe you have 90 days to produce your renewal EAD after the expiration to your employer. I had the impression that your NOA would suffice in presenting *pending statuts* documentation. Anyone confirm?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.