Ankitc

CR1 TO IR1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I entered in USA after second anniversary of marriage whereas visa was issued before 2nd anniversary hence was CR1. Since I entered after second marriage but was admitted as CR1 instead IR1.My POE was Newark and CBP officer told me that USCIS will change my status to IR1 still I received 2 year conditional GreenCard.I am going to fill form I90 with no fee.

< I-90 question >

I have some questions about to fill out I-90

Part 2. Application Type

My Status is

A. Permanent Resident OR B. Conditional Permanent Resident

Part 3. Processing Information

3. City of residence where you applied for an

immigrant visa or adjustment of status :

4. Consulate where immigrant visa or USCIS office

where adjustment of status was granted : Mumbai (India) ? (I had my visa interview at Mumbai Consulate)

5. If you entered the United States with an immigrant visa, also complete the following:

a. Destination in United States at time of admission : The address in USA which I had filled on DS-230 ?

b. Port of entry where admitted to United States : Newark ?

Along with form i90 I will send my original green card( which has error ),copy of marriage certificate, and explaination of why I have to receive permanent resident card instead of conditional resident card ( Is it ok to write down § Sec. 235.11(b) while explaining ? )

Thanks,

AnkitC

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.