Mononoke28

Colombia Club Part IV

504 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I just received my NOA1 last week so there is a bit of a wait for NOA2. Is it too early to start gathering some of the documents like the certificado judicial and registro civil de nacimiento? I mean do the copies need to be recent copies? Is it best to wait until NOA2 to get everything we need?

Yes, absolutely. One way tickets are for the most part less expensive than round trip tickets, however, every now and then a round trip ticket will be less expensive than buying one one way.

Diana

Any ticket is always cheaper when the taxes aren't included in the final price of the airline ticket. Truth in advertising.. :bonk:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Are the steps for scheduling the Interview on Visa Journey out of date?

I received my NOA2 on June 15th. And after weeks, the NVC finally received my application and forwarded it to the embassy in Bogota. I called the number in the instructions and they said that the embassy has received my application. What is the next step?

According to the instructions at http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota is states to fax the Package 3 response to 011-57-1-(315-4155).

However, when I talk to the agent at the DOS when I confirmed the embassy had received my application, he stated that I needed to do nothing. That my interview would be scheduled and they would notify me of the date.

Furthermore, I talked to my lawyer and she gave me a link to recent government sample of the instructions letter the Colombian embassy sends out locate at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/colombia/231771/PDFs/English_KPacketMar2012_001.pdf. In it, it does not specify any response needed. Only to go to http://colombia.usvisa-info.com and create an account, pay the fee, and schedule the interview from there.

So I am totally confused. And really want to get a jump on this to have the interview as soon as possible. Is there anyone who has recently scheduled the interview in Bogota? What was the process you used to schedule your interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I just received my NOA1 last week so there is a bit of a wait for NOA2. Is it too early to start gathering some of the documents like the certificado judicial and registro civil de nacimiento? I mean do the copies need to be recent copies? Is it best to wait until NOA2 to get everything we need?

If you only got your NOA1 for your petition, then I would yes, it's a bit too early because Colombia is pretty strict about having recent documentation and they may have a problem with yours being more than three months old. I know it sounds crazy but that's how they do things down there. The police certificate is valid for 12 months though, but since you can get it so quickly online, there's no need to get it now.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Are the steps for scheduling the Interview on Visa Journey out of date?

I received my NOA2 on June 15th. And after weeks, the NVC finally received my application and forwarded it to the embassy in Bogota. I called the number in the instructions and they said that the embassy has received my application. What is the next step?

According to the instructions at http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota is states to fax the Package 3 response to 011-57-1-(315-4155).

However, when I talk to the agent at the DOS when I confirmed the embassy had received my application, he stated that I needed to do nothing. That my interview would be scheduled and they would notify me of the date.

Furthermore, I talked to my lawyer and she gave me a link to recent government sample of the instructions letter the Colombian embassy sends out locate at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/colombia/231771/PDFs/English_KPacketMar2012_001.pdf. In it, it does not specify any response needed. Only to go to http://colombia.usvisa-info.com and create an account, pay the fee, and schedule the interview from there.

So I am totally confused. And really want to get a jump on this to have the interview as soon as possible. Is there anyone who has recently scheduled the interview in Bogota? What was the process you used to schedule your interview?

The process of sending anything to the embassy in order for them to schedule an interview changed at the beginning of the year. The only thing you need to do is send the US embassy an email with your BGT number to find out if they received the case from the NVC. If they have, they will email you the Instructions Package for K visas which you can also get from their web site. Just follow those instructions where they will give you the link to register, choose your DHL delivery office, pay for the visa and schedule your own interview date. It's faster than the old process.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I finally have our interview scheduled!!! :dance:

So now, I am looking at buying flights. I want to be there for my fiance's interview. And also be there to fly to the United States with her. Our interview is August 17th. So when should I buy tickets?

How many days in advance do we need to be in Bogota? Are the medical exams only in Bogota?

How many days after the interview do we need to stay in Bogota? How soon after the interview will we likely receive her visa?

How many days will we save if we stay in Bogota and pick up the visa there instead of Barranquilla?

Thanks all!

Timeline

I finally have our interview scheduled!!! :dance:

So now, I am looking at buying flights. I want to be there for my fiance's interview. And also be there to fly to the United States with her. Our interview is August 17th. So when should I buy tickets?

How many days in advance do we need to be in Bogota? Are the medical exams only in Bogota?

How many days after the interview do we need to stay in Bogota? How soon after the interview will we likely receive her visa?

How many days will we save if we stay in Bogota and pick up the visa there instead of Barranquilla?

Thanks all!

If there aren't any problems you should be able to pick up your visa at the DHL office in Bogotá within 2-3 business days. You can also ask them to deliver it and it should take the same amount of days if the delivery address is in Bogotá. Anything outside of Bogotá takes between 6-10 business days, so you would be saving about a week of waiting.

Most people schedule their medical exams about two days before the interview just in case there are any issues, that way you have an extra day to take care of things. And yes, the approved doctors by the US embassy are only located in Bogotá.

As far as purchasing your tickets, the embassy advises not to purchase them until you're sure you have your visa in hand, however, it's up to you to purchase them in advance at your own risk. Based on most people's posts, you should be getting your visa within a week, if delivery is in Bogotá, so it's up to you to purchase your tickets for the week after that. Again, this is only feasible if there aren't any issues at the embassy whatsoever.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

If there aren't any problems you should be able to pick up your visa at the DHL office in Bogotá within 2-3 business days. You can also ask them to deliver it and it should take the same amount of days if the delivery address is in Bogotá. Anything outside of Bogotá takes between 6-10 business days, so you would be saving about a week of waiting.

Most people schedule their medical exams about two days before the interview just in case there are any issues, that way you have an extra day to take care of things. And yes, the approved doctors by the US embassy are only located in Bogotá.

As far as purchasing your tickets, the embassy advises not to purchase them until you're sure you have your visa in hand, however, it's up to you to purchase them in advance at your own risk. Based on most people's posts, you should be getting your visa within a week, if delivery is in Bogotá, so it's up to you to purchase your tickets for the week after that. Again, this is only feasible if there aren't any issues at the embassy whatsoever.

Diana

Thanks for all of the help and the great advise.

I am trying to figure out scheduling the doctors visit and am a little worried about not leaving enough time in Bogota to handle everything.

If I read the instructions correctly, the chest x-ray and blood work needs to be done prior to the Doctors visit. How long does this take to get results? Can they be scheduled the same day? Or the day before? Or will the x-ray and blood work need to be done a week or more in advance of the doctor's visit?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Timeline

Thanks for all of the help and the great advise.

I am trying to figure out scheduling the doctors visit and am a little worried about not leaving enough time in Bogota to handle everything.

If I read the instructions correctly, the chest x-ray and blood work needs to be done prior to the Doctors visit. How long does this take to get results? Can they be scheduled the same day? Or the day before? Or will the x-ray and blood work need to be done a week or more in advance of the doctor's visit?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

That's correct, all lab work needs to get done before the medical exam. Since an appointment is not needed for the lab stuff most people show up very early in the morning to wait in line outside of the building before they open so they can be in the first group of people, that will give them enough time to deliver the results to the doctor's office in the afternoon of that same day. If you show up at the lab place between 6-6:30 A.M. you should be fine since they open at 7 A.M. You can also get it done a few days before the medical if you want.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Hola Amigos -

It's been a while since I posted anything here, Vanessa and I are doing well. She's actually down south visiting with the family in Medellin for a few weeks now while I'm back home in Florida watching the kittycats and working. I actually ran into a fellow VJ couple recently at a local club night (Dave & Magda from Coconut Creek - Hola!) Anyway, I have an interesting situation that I may be able to share with someone here on the Colombia Club to both of our advantage.

I'm currently sitting on a sizable pile of airline points with Spirit Airlines that I can also redeem at a better than normal rate as a Spirit credit card holder. Probably going to let the card go next month when the free first year offer expires, and then I'll lose the preferred redemption status, and soon after the points themselves will expire too. Right now we can't use any more of the points for any particular dates that we or friends or family can travel in the foreseeable future. If anyone here on the forum needs a trip to Colombia in the next few weeks or months that falls within the airline's award seat availability, I'd be happy to strike a private deal to redeem some of my miles for your flights, and let you have them for something well under what the going rates would be, rather than let them go to waste, so that way everybody wins (well, everybody but the airline, LOL.) Spirit flys nonstop from Fort Lauderdale Florida to Cartegena, Bogota, Medellin & Armenia (but the Cartegena flights actually need way fewer points to redeem than the other cities.) Points needed also vary widely by available date ranges. They go lots of other places too, but because of the special deals I have, my points could be worth as much as 8 round trips between Ft Lauderdale & Cartegena (or 4 trips to the other Colombian cities), so it seemed that this was the best place to ask if anyone else was interested. Anyone who'd like to give this a go with me, just send me a private message here on the forum and we'll exchange closer contact info (cell phone is best for me) and see if I can get tickets on dates that will work for you. Not sure exactly how much longer I'll have the full access to preferred point redemption, but I believe I'll lose that advantage at some time in mid August.

I look forward to hearing from some of you on this soon, for now I'll be busy for a while scrolling back a few months through the postings to see what's been going on here in Colombia Club, LOL

Adios - Dan Harris

292607_100652233408928_954751317_n.jpg

VanessaDanA600x450.jpg

10-11-2008 Dan & Vanessa First Meet Online

01-15-2009 Dan's First Visit To Vanessa In Colombia

06-27-2009 We Are Engaged!

07-01-2009 Vanessa Asks Her Long Estranged Panamanian Ex For An Official Divorce

10-12-2009 Panama Approves Vanessa's Divorce But DOESN'T MAIL HER ANY NOTICE!!!

01-15-2010 We FINALLY Obtain A Div Cert From The Footdragging Idiots In Panama

02-25-2010 Our Completed I-129 Application Package Dropped Off With The Lawyer

03-01-2010 Lawyer Finds & Fixes Several Errors & Submits Package to VSC

03-10-2010 NOA-1

03-15-2010 Touched

06-01-2010 NOA-2

06-03-2010 NVC Received & New Case # Issued

06-15-2010 NVC Finally Sent File To Bogota Embassy

06-17-2010 DHL Delivers To Bogota Embassy (and disappears in the mail room for 4 days!)

06-22-2010 E-mailed Completed Packet 3 Forms To Embassy Requesting Interview Date

06-29-2010 DOS Confirms By Phone That We Have An Embassy Interview Date On 12 August!

08-12-2010 Interview Successful But Vanessa Must Return With Missing Paperwork For Final Approval

09-01-2010 Papers Now In Hand BUT Can't Get A New Appointment Until 12 Days After Calling PIN

09-13-2010 Vanessa is APPROVED At Follow-up Interview, Awaiting Visa Delivery In 8 - 10 Business Days

10-03-2010 Planned POE In Fort Lauderdale Florida

10-30-2010 Planned Wedding In Orlando Florida

Click On This Link To See Dan's Video Love Song To Vanessa

Timeline

I dont think my other question posted. My sister has her interview this friday 8/3/12, she is in bogota for medicals. When I go to the intruction link from the interview letter and click on the link for preparation for the interview, it says that we have to First - Register ( asks for passport and other info), but we already paid fees and are scheduled for interview, does this apply to us? please help.

I dont think my other question posted. My sister has her interview this friday 8/3/12, she is in bogota for medicals. When I go to the intruction link from the interview letter and click on the link for preparation for the interview, it says that we have to First - Register ( asks for passport and other info), but we already paid fees and are scheduled for interview, does this apply to us? please help.

http://colombia.usvisa-info.com this is the link. Should I have my mom do this now?

Timeline

http://colombia.usvisa-info.com this is the link. Should I have my mom do this now?

No, the instructions to register and pay any fees only apply for K visas. All other visa petitions are processed by the NVC and all fees are paid to them before the interview.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Hola Amigos -

It's been a while since I posted anything here, Vanessa and I are doing well. She's actually down south visiting with the family in Medellin for a few weeks now while I'm back home in Florida watching the kittycats and working. I actually ran into a fellow VJ couple recently at a local club night (Dave & Magda from Coconut Creek - Hola!) Anyway, I have an interesting situation that I may be able to share with someone here on the Colombia Club to both of our advantage.

I'm currently sitting on a sizable pile of airline points with Spirit Airlines that I can also redeem at a better than normal rate as a Spirit credit card holder. Probably going to let the card go next month when the free first year offer expires, and then I'll lose the preferred redemption status, and soon after the points themselves will expire too. Right now we can't use any more of the points for any particular dates that we or friends or family can travel in the foreseeable future. If anyone here on the forum needs a trip to Colombia in the next few weeks or months that falls within the airline's award seat availability, I'd be happy to strike a private deal to redeem some of my miles for your flights, and let you have them for something well under what the going rates would be, rather than let them go to waste, so that way everybody wins (well, everybody but the airline, LOL.) Spirit flys nonstop from Fort Lauderdale Florida to Cartegena, Bogota, Medellin & Armenia (but the Cartegena flights actually need way fewer points to redeem than the other cities.) Points needed also vary widely by available date ranges. They go lots of other places too, but because of the special deals I have, my points could be worth as much as 8 round trips between Ft Lauderdale & Cartegena (or 4 trips to the other Colombian cities), so it seemed that this was the best place to ask if anyone else was interested. Anyone who'd like to give this a go with me, just send me a private message here on the forum and we'll exchange closer contact info (cell phone is best for me) and see if I can get tickets on dates that will work for you. Not sure exactly how much longer I'll have the full access to preferred point redemption, but I believe I'll lose that advantage at some time in mid August.

I look forward to hearing from some of you on this soon, for now I'll be busy for a while scrolling back a few months through the postings to see what's been going on here in Colombia Club, LOL

Adios - Dan Harris

292607_100652233408928_954751317_n.jpg

That is very generous of you, Dan! Leidys and I may return in another 2 yrs. I wish I knew this last summer, when Leidys returned to visit her family. Good to hear that everything is going well!

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

No, the instructions to register and pay any fees only apply for K visas. All other visa petitions are processed by the NVC and all fees are paid to them before the interview.

Diana

Thanks so much you just made my day. So stressing with this and looking for a new place to fit everyone !!!! going crazy. Im sending her more money today, worried that she wont have enough for the medicals, my sister 18 and nephew 2. My nephew got the TB test yesterday,sister going for blood test today. Physicals tomorrow. thank you thank you. So far she has 900.000 pesos. Can you tell me how much it costs for them to deliver the Visa? thank you for your help. This is like the only place I have to go since we didnt use an attorney.

Timeline

Thanks so much you just made my day. So stressing with this and looking for a new place to fit everyone !!!! going crazy. Im sending her more money today, worried that she wont have enough for the medicals, my sister 18 and nephew 2. My nephew got the TB test yesterday,sister going for blood test today. Physicals tomorrow. thank you thank you. So far she has 900.000 pesos. Can you tell me how much it costs for them to deliver the Visa? thank you for your help. This is like the only place I have to go since we didnt use an attorney.

If you pick up the visa at a DHL location it's free, but I'm not sure how much it is, if any, to have it delivered.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.