NaNaNaNaBooBoo

Packet 3 Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We just recieved packet three and we have a few questions.

On DS-230 10 asks for the US address at which you intend to live and name of someone who lives there. It is my permanent address, but I am currently residing in South Africa while studying, can I still put my name, or should I list my sister who has a different last name? #21a and #21b on DS-230 asks if any children named in #19 (which says list ALL children) will be accompanying you to the United States now or later. Do we need to put our daughter down who is a U.S. citizen with permanent residence in the U.S.? She is currently residing with us in South Africa and will fly back with us to the US, but not on her fathers visa, as she does not need a visa. Do we need to list her?

On form OF169 the last question is "I intend to apply: alone, with my spouse, or with my spouse and children. Is this asking who will attend the interview, or who is on the application for the visas? I would like to attend with my fiance, but I am not yet his spouse. Can I cross off spouse and put fiance? Or should I just mark alone, and then show up with him to the interview?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Monica

Filed: Timeline

Monica,

DS-230 Q10: I would put your sister's name there. Your fiance should be prepared to explain who the named person is if asked.

DS-230 Q21: Do not list your daughter. The question would be clearer if instead of saying "accompanying" it said "immigrating"

OF-169: Your fiance intends to apply alone. Neither you nor your daughter are applying for visas.

Yodrak

We just recieved packet three and we have a few questions.

On DS-230 10 asks for the US address at which you intend to live and name of someone who lives there. It is my permanent address, but I am currently residing in South Africa while studying, can I still put my name, or should I list my sister who has a different last name? #21a and #21b on DS-230 asks if any children named in #19 (which says list ALL children) will be accompanying you to the United States now or later. Do we need to put our daughter down who is a U.S. citizen with permanent residence in the U.S.? She is currently residing with us in South Africa and will fly back with us to the US, but not on her fathers visa, as she does not need a visa. Do we need to list her?

On form OF169 the last question is "I intend to apply: alone, with my spouse, or with my spouse and children. Is this asking who will attend the interview, or who is on the application for the visas? I would like to attend with my fiance, but I am not yet his spouse. Can I cross off spouse and put fiance? Or should I just mark alone, and then show up with him to the interview?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Monica

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.