11 posts in this topic

OK now I am so frustrated, angry upset and pissed :angry:

On July 26th 2006 my son and I finally got an interview date for our AOS and it was set for 26th Sept 2006 in Greer SC......

On August 30th 2006 we got emails ( 3 for my son and 3 for me ) form the USCIS stating that the interview had been canceled and we would be notified when a new date had been set up . I saved these emails......

During Sept I called the number to see what was going off and was told that we had to wait "30" days from the date of the cancellation before they would have any information for me ( this would be Sept 30th to call them back ).............

MY husband and myself cancelled the day that we had booked off from work for the interview and waited. We also talked with an immigration man to ask if he knew what was going off at Greer. He said that they told him that they had taken the staff off to do some backlog and that all our info was there and they would get back to us ................

Sat Sept 30th ........we got mail , not email , and the letters stated for both my son and I ......YOUR APPLICATION FOR PERMENANT RESIDENT HAS BEEN DENIED

reason for this is that we" DID NOT ATTEND THE INTERVIEW"

How in gods name can we attend an interview that they canceled ..... It still states on our USCIS profile that it was canceled and that they will notify us when a new date has been set............

Tomorrow at 9 am we have an appointment for an infopass at Greer to see if we can find out what they are playing at..... We have printed out everything including the profile page off the USCIS site and it shows at the bottom what date we have printed it...............

Sorry to moan but I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed :angry:

Ange

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 14th 08 ..... Mailed the I-751. Back in the system we go

Oct 18th 08 ..... NOA receipt date

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Oct 24th 08 ..... NOA arrives in post.

Nov 13th 08 ..... Receive date for Bio-metrics in Atlanta.

Nov 28th 08 ..... Bio-metrics appointment.

Feb 18th 09 ..... Date of decision to remove conditions on permanent residency.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Mar 7th 09 ....... My 10 yr green card arrives.

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

Going to take a little break from the immigration stuff.

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline
OK now I am so frustrated, angry upset and pissed :angry:

On July 26th 2006 my son and I finally got an interview date for our AOS and it was set for 26th Sept 2006 in Greer SC......

On August 30th 2006 we got emails ( 3 for my son and 3 for me ) form the USCIS stating that the interview had been canceled and we would be notified when a new date had been set up . I saved these emails......

During Sept I called the number to see what was going off and was told that we had to wait "30" days from the date of the cancellation before they would have any information for me ( this would be Sept 30th to call them back ).............

MY husband and myself cancelled the day that we had booked off from work for the interview and waited. We also talked with an immigration man to ask if he knew what was going off at Greer. He said that they told him that they had taken the staff off to do some backlog and that all our info was there and they would get back to us ................

Sat Sept 30th ........we got mail , not email , and the letters stated for both my son and I ......YOUR APPLICATION FOR PERMENANT RESIDENT HAS BEEN DENIED

reason for this is that we" DID NOT ATTEND THE INTERVIEW"

How in gods name can we attend an interview that they canceled ..... It still states on our USCIS profile that it was canceled and that they will notify us when a new date has been set............

Tomorrow at 9 am we have an appointment for an infopass at Greer to see if we can find out what they are playing at..... We have printed out everything including the profile page off the USCIS site and it shows at the bottom what date we have printed it...............

Sorry to moan but I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed :angry:

Ange

That's not just #######...that's SPECTACULARLY inept. I hope you sort them out soon; sounds like they've definitely got their thumbs up their rear ends.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I am just hoping that they will admit to it being their fault and put things right ..... My hubby says under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are we paying to apply again as the problem lies clearly at their feet NOT OURS

Rebecca I will look at getting intouch with the local " Big Wigs " :lol:

and see if they can help us :bonk:

We are lucky in one sense with the line of work my hubby is in he has lots of contacts in the right place

Ange

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Other Timeline
I am just hoping that they will admit to it being their fault and put things right ..... My hubby says under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are we paying to apply again as the problem lies clearly at their feet NOT OURS

Rebecca I will look at getting intouch with the local " Big Wigs " :lol:

and see if they can help us :bonk:

We are lucky in one sense with the line of work my hubby is in he has lots of contacts in the right place

Ange

USCIS cares little about 'contacts in the right places' IMHO.

I've also been saying that I won't pay for another EAD for my husband just because the FBI can't seem to get Wes' clearance done before his first EAD expires. Guess what I will be filling out papers for this week.

Sounds to me as if one of the computers wasn't talking to the other ones. They'll probably straighten it out for you but it would be nice to put somebody's balls to the walls just out of general principal.

Edited by rebeccajo

Ange - Good Luck with the meeting today I hope they sort it out- Talk to you later x

K1

I-129F Sent : 19th October 2005

Interview Date 10th October 2006 10am

Interview Approved 7th November 2006

Visa delivered 9th November 2006

Finally where I belong S.C with my man 19th November 2006 WOOO HOOO!!!

Got Married 14th January 2007

AOS

Sent AOS docs 31st January 2007

USPS confirm delivered to USCIS 06th February 2007

I-797C Notice of Action dtd 9th Feb recvd 12th February 2007 (both my son and myself)

Biometrics Appointment 1st March 2007

Transfered to CSC 11th April 2007

GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 9th July 2007 All done till 2009!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

This really sucks! I also got a mail saying that my interview has been cancelled. I hope they won't do the same to me! It's 'them' who cancelled our interview!!! And after reading your post, I feel even moreupset and angry about the USCIS!!! :angry:

Well listen to this :-

There really are some nice people in the immigration service :thumbs:

Got to Greer for the infopass appointment at 8.30 am and waited in car till 8.45 as they will not let you in till 15 mins before the interview.

Handed in eticket for appointment and had bag searched :whistle:

A lovely lady called my name and we went up to her. She smiled and asked how could she help. I explained to her about the email that we had received informing us that the interview had been canceled and also showed her a print out of what our portfolio still shows on the USCIS website that it had been cancelled. So I asked how could we go the interview when they had canceled it.Also said that I had called the info line and they told me that we had to wait 30 days from the date we received the cancelation email which would have been Sept 30th, the day we got the DENIAL letter :blink:

She said that on her PC we were still scheduled for the appointment and the main USCIS had not informed them that it had been canceled. She went to see if our files were still there and luckily they are :dancing:

I had to write a short letter eaplaing to them what had happened and asking them to re-open the case. She put that letter with all the copies of the emails,and print outs of the USCIS portfolio web page and took them to her supervisor and he said YES they will re-open our case :dance:

She appologised for the mistake and said we would get another date soon. I asked her if she had any idea when and she said it should be NOV.....I also asked if I was ok to return to work now and she said yes......

MY word of advise to anybody who gets an EMAIL stating that their interview is cancelled is to write a letter to the district office that the interview is going to be held at, you cannot phone but they will reply to a letter.

I hope this will save many others going through the frustration and worry that we did. :thumbs:

Ange :star:

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well listen to this :-

There really are some nice people in the immigration service :thumbs:

I keep finding that! I'm glad yours worked out so well, and thanks for the extra detail about email notification!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Got 8 emails today confirming the re-opening of our case and this is how our status now reads on the USCIS site

Case Status

Receipt Number: MSC***********

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 2, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

31e3d60.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.