sukrd

Adjustment of Status $$ ??

1 post in this topic

Filed: Country: Solomon Islands
Timeline

The search feature is not working so I thought I would ask. I read a thread which was sort of similiar to my situation. I am currently working on putting together my package. I work in the construction field. A lot of non-union construction jobs are cash jobs. So on paper it looks like I am broke. I make above the required amount of $$, but not on paper. My best friend for twenty years said he would co- sponsor my fiance. His wife is totally against it. He has been asking me all kinds of ??s about what is his legal responsibilty if things don't work out. He wants me to give him a $$ amount per month if she decides to leave. I told him I'm not really sure. I don't think these are his ??s I think these are his wife's. It is understandable of her to be concerned.

Anyway, I read a thread where a member told someone that when you file for the adjustment of status is when the affidavit of support becomes LEGALLY BINDING. For the interview phase it is not. Anyone have an educated answer as to which is true.

I have just started a new business. I have a consulting contract I am working on now. It is for 50 K .

However it is not payable till the project is completed. Which will be in about 6 months. I am hoping that when the time came to refile financial support documents ( adjustment of status) I will not need my friend. I am hoping they will take into account the recent money made. What do you all think? I would still like to use my friend to get her here, but , I and he would like it better if I did not have to for adjustment of status, if that is when it becomes truely legally binding.

Any educated comments would be GREATLY appreciated! thanx KINO

Another quick one while I'm here.

Anyone used a co-sponsor to get a fiance here, then stood on there own for the adjustment of status?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.