LGB7A

All South Korea Filers

14 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Question for all Korean Filers who submitted IR/CR, K1/2, K3/4, SB/IW interview request online, how far out did they schedule you from when you submitted the online form?

I received an email saying that I can't schedule my interview past March 9th until the new website for visa application procedures comes up.

Quoted from Seoul IV email: "The website will be activated on March 9, 2012 and will be posted on the US Seoul Embassy Website." It will be called GSS (Global Support Strategy)

---------

So the appointment requests online website will be outdated come the end of the second week of March. I just hope that the website runs smoothly and I can get a good interview date scheduled for my wife. I plan on taking a month of vaction to fly back to Korea to help her with everything.

Relationship / Visa Timeline

May 2010 - Met for the first time at her birthday party.

Jun 2011 - Proposed to her in broken Korean.

Nov 21 2011 - After finally getting military approval... we got married.

Jan 9 2012 - Filed DCF CR-1 I-130 petition at Seoul Embassy.

Jan 31 2012 - I had to leave Korea, because military orders to Texas. :(

Feb 8 2012 - I-130 approved and Case number issued all on same email! YAY

Apr 16 2012 - Interview date

??? - Arrival to TX

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I received an email saying that I can't schedule my interview past March 9th until the new website for visa application procedures comes up.

Quoted from Seoul IV email: "The website will be activated on March 9, 2012 and will be posted on the US Seoul Embassy Website." It will be called GSS (Global Support Strategy)

---------

So the appointment requests online website will be outdated come the end of the second week of March. I just hope that the website runs smoothly and I can get a good interview date scheduled for my wife. I plan on taking a month of vaction to fly back to Korea to help her with everything.

I got it worked out.

Even if you request an appointment on the first day the new layout is available, my best guess would be April at the earliest because they are filling late March spots last week.

x

• 2 weeks later...

My input will most likely be useless since we did this back in 2010. We filed through the Consulate here in Seoul. My wife's I-130 was approved within a few days, even during the x-mas/new years holidays. It was completed by March and my wife had her CR-1 Visa in hand. The USCIS process was fairly painless. The military portion was a nightmare though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We filed our I-130 on April 2nd. Yesterday(April 19th), we received packet number 3. Does that mean our petition were approved and we can start preparing and finish the paperwork and schedule an interview? We didn't receive an approval letter, but we received a case number, and packet 3. Help!

04-04-2012- I-130 filed at Seoul US embassy $420
04-19-2012- I-130 Approved(15 days)!!! Receive Case number and Packet 3.
05-03-2012 - Medical examination at Seoul St.Mary's Hospital(Passed) $170
05-05-2012 - Set Interview date for June 15
06-15-2012 - Interview (Approved) Case completed in 74 days! Could have been shorter!
06-18-2012 - Receive visa + brown envelope.
07-19-2012 - POE(Honolulu, Hawaii)
07-24-2012 - Receive SSN
07-29-2012 - Receive 2 year conditional Green card
08-02-2012 - Apply for State ID: Get 6-year Tennessee state ID.
03-22-2013 - Do written test at DMV for drivers license. Get 1-year Learner permit.
03-28-2013 - Pass drivers license test. Get 5 year drivers license. Done with the DMV until 2018!

Next step - Removal of conditions on green card: May 2014.

04-30-2014 Filed I-751 to remove conditions

05-05-2014 NOA1 receipt and extension of green card for 1 more year while it processes.

06-12-2014 Biometric Appointment

12-29-2014 Approval letter from USCIS with no interview needed! Done with USCIS till 2024 or when I apply for US citizenship. 

12-30-2014 Receives 10 year permanent green card.

Naturalization Process: 

06-29-2017 N400 filed 

07-05-2017 Check cashed 

07-11-2017 Received biometric appointment

07-12-2017 NOA 1 receipt 

07-26-2017 Biometric appointment 

09-13-2017 Case in line for interview 

04-23-2018 Interview (Memphis, N 400)  Passed!  Recommended for approval. 

05-24-2018 Oath ceremony notice was mailed. 

05-29-2018 Oath letter received. Date set: June 21st, 2018

06-21-2018 Oath ceremony: I am a US citizen. Done with USCIS (Day 332) 

Passport application:

06-22-2018 Apply for US passport and passport card 

06-27-2018 Passport application received and in progress. (Day 5)

07-11-2018 Passport and passport card mailed out. Expecting it by 7-17-2018. (Day 18)

07-13-2018 Passport book received.  (Day 20)

07-16-2018 Passport card and naturalization certificate received. (Day 23). 

Process complete: Time to start traveling.

This question was originally posted in the general IR section and got no resolution, so I'll re-post it here in case anyone else has experienced similar problems:

I'm presently working on my (Korean) wife's IR-1 visa here in Seoul. We submitted her I-130, received the Packet 3 email with SEO number, and have gathered the next tranche of documents (medical, DS-230, etc.). I'd like to request an interview using the USTravelDocs.com site (which, since March 9, is required for IR-1 visa-seekers), but it absolutely will not let me log-in or create an account. I've tried multiple email addresses (mine and wife's), but to no avail. There appears to be no tech support contact info available.

Anyone else experienced this? If so, did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Edited by iCollective

This question was originally posted in the general IR section and got no resolution, so I'll re-post it here in case anyone else has experienced similar problems:

I'm presently working on my (Korean) wife's IR-1 visa here in Seoul. We submitted her I-130, received the Packet 3 email with SEO number, and have gathered the next tranche of documents (medical, DS-230, etc.). I'd like to request an interview using the USTravelDocs.com site (which, since March 9, is required for IR-1 visa-seekers), but it absolutely will not let me log-in or create an account. I've tried multiple email addresses (mine and wife's), but to no avail. There appears to be no tech support contact info available.

Anyone else experienced this? If so, did you find a solution?

Thanks!

For some reason, after days of trying, the site suddenly decided to let me create an account. I'd like to think it was my mistake (or ignorance), but I did nothing differently than before. Oh well, at least we now have an interview scheduled in July.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is it my understanding that you need to schedule an appointment to submit the I-130 form to the embassy. I've emailed them with possible appointment times (Using this info: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/korea/187344/DHS/cis_appt.pdf), however they email me back saying to check their (the embassy's) website. This is frustrating because we have all the documents ready, and we just want to get the process rolling. I even tried scheduling an appointment on the GSS website but it keeps asking me for a case number (which obviously we don't have yet). Any help would be great.

Thanks

Is it my understanding that you need to schedule an appointment to submit the I-130 form to the embassy. I've emailed them with possible appointment times (Using this info: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/korea/187344/DHS/cis_appt.pdf), however they email me back saying to check their (the embassy's) website. This is frustrating because we have all the documents ready, and we just want to get the process rolling. I even tried scheduling an appointment on the GSS website but it keeps asking me for a case number (which obviously we don't have yet). Any help would be great.

Thanks

Yes, you do need an appointment to submit the I-130. I submitted the document for my wife a few months ago at the Embassy in Seoul after making an appointment via e-mail. The email address I used is: CIS-Seoul.Inquiries@DHS.gov . Here's the info I supplied them:

Name:

Beneficiary Name:

Beneficiary's Country of Birth:

Phone:

Desired Dates/Times:

They got back to me fairly quickly with a time chosen from my list.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

To make an appointment with the US embassy in Seoul for your I-130 filing.

General Phone Inquiries: 02-397–4548 or 02-397-4282.

General E-mail Inquiries: CIS-Seoul.Inquiries@dhs.gov

They will email you a date and time, and reschedule if necessary.

This is from the email that they have send to me,

Along with the I-130 petition, you must also submit originals* of:

· Your marriage certificate

· Proof of U.S. citizenship/lawful permanent residence card

· Proof of termination of any prior marriage(s) for both petitioner and beneficiary.

· Photographs, one for yourself and one for your spouse to be attached along with the Form G-325A (Biographic Information). Please note that failure to provide complete and accurate information could result in a delay in processing the petition and subsequent immigrant visa.

· Birth certificate of your alien spouse. (If your spouse is a Korean citizen, you should submit three different Certificates; Certificate of Marital Status, Certificate of Family Relation, Basic Certificate, all Certificates must be accompanied with English translation.)

· If the beneficiary has children from another relationship, birth certificates for these children must be submitted also.

· Fee of $420 dollars (please check www.uscis.gov for current I-130 fees before coming to your appointment). Payment may be made with Won or U.S. dollars, and postal money orders. Proper identification, a local address or telephone number may be requested for money orders. Certified checks are not accepted. The Embassy cashier will not accept personal checks.

All the best of luck!

04-04-2012- I-130 filed at Seoul US embassy $420
04-19-2012- I-130 Approved(15 days)!!! Receive Case number and Packet 3.
05-03-2012 - Medical examination at Seoul St.Mary's Hospital(Passed) $170
05-05-2012 - Set Interview date for June 15
06-15-2012 - Interview (Approved) Case completed in 74 days! Could have been shorter!
06-18-2012 - Receive visa + brown envelope.
07-19-2012 - POE(Honolulu, Hawaii)
07-24-2012 - Receive SSN
07-29-2012 - Receive 2 year conditional Green card
08-02-2012 - Apply for State ID: Get 6-year Tennessee state ID.
03-22-2013 - Do written test at DMV for drivers license. Get 1-year Learner permit.
03-28-2013 - Pass drivers license test. Get 5 year drivers license. Done with the DMV until 2018!

Next step - Removal of conditions on green card: May 2014.

04-30-2014 Filed I-751 to remove conditions

05-05-2014 NOA1 receipt and extension of green card for 1 more year while it processes.

06-12-2014 Biometric Appointment

12-29-2014 Approval letter from USCIS with no interview needed! Done with USCIS till 2024 or when I apply for US citizenship. 

12-30-2014 Receives 10 year permanent green card.

Naturalization Process: 

06-29-2017 N400 filed 

07-05-2017 Check cashed 

07-11-2017 Received biometric appointment

07-12-2017 NOA 1 receipt 

07-26-2017 Biometric appointment 

09-13-2017 Case in line for interview 

04-23-2018 Interview (Memphis, N 400)  Passed!  Recommended for approval. 

05-24-2018 Oath ceremony notice was mailed. 

05-29-2018 Oath letter received. Date set: June 21st, 2018

06-21-2018 Oath ceremony: I am a US citizen. Done with USCIS (Day 332) 

Passport application:

06-22-2018 Apply for US passport and passport card 

06-27-2018 Passport application received and in progress. (Day 5)

07-11-2018 Passport and passport card mailed out. Expecting it by 7-17-2018. (Day 18)

07-13-2018 Passport book received.  (Day 20)

07-16-2018 Passport card and naturalization certificate received. (Day 23). 

Process complete: Time to start traveling.

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I've got a question concerning the interview scheduling for the K1 (129F). I'll try to provide some info to hopefully explain the question clearly. Today- Dec. 19- we received our NOA2! We filed in early July, and have weddings planned for mid-May (in Korea) and June in the US in 2013. Timing shouldn't be an issue.

Now comes my question- my fiance is going to come to visit me in the US basically for the whole month of March. She lives at home now with her mom, so any mail which gets sent to her home can be conveyed to us VIA momma.

I'm expecting that she will probably be contacted by the embassy before she comes here in March. Obviously, she can't go in for her interview before she comes in March, because we are getting married in Korea on May.

So the question- I've seen others above who noted that interview dates can be arranged online. Is this the same for K1 filers? Ideally she would make an appointment for interview within the first week or so of returning back to Seoul.

BTW.. this is my first post in VJ. Any advice or tips pertaining to the US embassy there would be greatly appreciated. I lived in Korea for a few years as a student and worked in a company. Now I live in New York and I work in the Korean Consulate here. Just trying to get her here legally!

Thanks again everyone!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I've got a question concerning the interview scheduling for the K1 (129F). I'll try to provide some info to hopefully explain the question clearly. Today- Dec. 19- we received our NOA2! We filed in early July, and have weddings planned for mid-May (in Korea) and June in the US in 2013. Timing shouldn't be an issue.

Now comes my question- my fiance is going to come to visit me in the US basically for the whole month of March. She lives at home now with her mom, so any mail which gets sent to her home can be conveyed to us VIA momma.

I'm expecting that she will probably be contacted by the embassy before she comes here in March. Obviously, she can't go in for her interview before she comes in March, because we are getting married in Korea on May.

So the question- I've seen others above who noted that interview dates can be arranged online. Is this the same for K1 filers? Ideally she would make an appointment for interview within the first week or so of returning back to Seoul.

BTW.. this is my first post in VJ. Any advice or tips pertaining to the US embassy there would be greatly appreciated. I lived in Korea for a few years as a student and worked in a company. Now I live in New York and I work in the Korean Consulate here. Just trying to get her here legally!

Thanks again everyone!

Since your fiance is entering the US before the K-1 visa is issued, you should read this this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

The appointment at the US Embassy in Seoul wasn't setup by us, but was given to us. You can request for it to be rescheduled after it is set.

x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.