danielleNJ

documentation for police check - k1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all!

Just called to book my fiancé's police and fingerprint check since we received our NOA2 a few days ago. We were able to make an appointment but the person I spoke to at the local police station said we need to bring documentation stating who is requesting his fingerprints. Would this mean we can show him our NOA2, or do we have to wait for packet 3?

Help! Thanks.

By the way, this is in NSW, Australia.

I haven't heard of the police requesting documentation as to who is requesting the fingerprinting to be done. Maybe they mean the application form??

You need the P800 - Full Disclosure PCC, based on fingerprints and name check. On this form it asks the reason for needing the fingerprint check - with 'visa' being one of the options, and asks for which country. Make sure that you use the P800, and NOT the P799, as is stated on the NSW Police website (its says that P799 is to be used for visas). I have read here on VJ of other people getting the wrong one done because the police told them to use the P799. From my experience - police officers in NSW don't seem to have any idea which form we need to use for our visas. My cousin and her husband are both NSW Police officers and had no idea lol! I got mine in NSW in April (using the P800) and I believe it was $175.

HERE is a link to a thread on this earlier in the year.:thumbs:

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I haven't heard of the police requesting documentation as to who is requesting the fingerprinting to be done. Maybe they mean the application form??

You need the P800 - Full Disclosure PCC, based on fingerprints and name check. On this form it asks the reason for needing the fingerprint check - with 'visa' being one of the options, and asks for which country. Make sure that you use the P800, and NOT the P799, as is stated on the NSW Police website (its says that P799 is to be used for visas). I have read here on VJ of other people getting the wrong one done because the police told them to use the P799. From my experience - police officers in NSW don't seem to have any idea which form we need to use for our visas. My cousin and her husband are both NSW Police officers and had no idea lol! I got mine in NSW in April (using the P800) and I believe it was $175.

HERE is a link to a thread on this earlier in the year.:thumbs:

You are always so helpful! I really appreciate it. What is the difference between the P800 and the P799? The P800 is for the K1 as well, not just the CR1?

Whoever I spoke to on the phone also mentioned to bring an envelope for the fingerprints and an address where they are to be sent. I've been advised previously to have both the police check and fingerprints sent to my fiancé's AUS address. So would we just address the fingerprint envelope back to him? And what about the police check? How do we have that sent back to him as well? Are both of these required at the interview or are they sent with packet 3?

I think I'll just have my fiancé call back in a few days and ask about the check again. Maybe we'll speak to someone else on the phone who knows what they're talking about.

Thanks again :)

The P799 is only a Standard Disclosure - I don't believe it gives a full criminal record. The P800 is Full Disclosure - which is why it is needed for immigration.

And yes, the P800 is also for K1 not just CR1. If you check out the Aussie forum threads - you will see that the majority of Aussies are doing K1. I'm one of the odd ones out lol :whistle:

Again - I haven't heard anything about bringing an envelope! Just reinforces my thoughts that this person really has no clue what they are talking about!!! :bonk:

Also, you wont get the fingerprints AND the PCC. You only get the PCC - which is done based on the fingerprints. This is how it SHOULD work (this is how it worked for me anyway) :

- Fill out the P800 (I would suggest that you print this off the NSW Police website and take it with you - don't rely on them having it even though they should)

- Fingerprints are taken

- The P800 and the fingerprints are sent (by them!) for processing

- Once it is processed the PCC is sent to the addresss listed on the form - make this your fiance's Australian address

I'm not sure where your fiance lives - but is there another police station that you could go to? Another one might have someone who actually know what they are doing lol (although it's probably unlikely :lol: ).

As to when you need to give them the PCC - I'm not 100% sure on that. CR1 is processed a little differently - I had to send mine to the NVC for processing. K1 aren't processed at the NVC - its basically just a 'stop-over' after your NOA2 in order for a case number to be assigned. I believe that your fiance will need to hand it in at the interview - but you would be better asking one of the K1 who have gone through this as they would know better than me.

Another VJ member - Vanessa&Tony - is very knowledgable about the K1 process for Australians (well....not just that....knows about most things actually!). If you have a look at her signature she has links to the K1 process for Australians - might be helpful for you both :thumbs:

Good luck!!

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.