rjl

Need help with US K-1 fiance visa requirements

38 posts in this topic

hi. i need help with some requirements for the US K-1 visa requirements.

do i need to have my birth certificate and cenomar stamped at malacanang?

we have gmail, FB, skype conversations along with pictures and receipts. are these enough?

please help me. we're kinda lost on this. thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Petitioner

Check $340

129F Form

G325A and 2x2 photo (both of you)

Divorce decree all pages

Evidences of meeting in person

-pics

-passport stamps all pages or Birth Cert

-tickets

-itinerary

-hotel receipt

-credit card statements

-G1145

Advisable but not really a requirement: Letter of Intent (both party), Cover letter, etc

After 3-5mos and approval

For your interview

-NBI (travel abroad)

-Cenomar

-annulment paper if married before

-Divorce decree (again)

-BC (NSO)

- Evidence of ONGOING RELATIONSHIP phone bills letters, chat etc, remittance receipt

- Affidavit of support niya then attach ITR 1040, W2 BAnk Statement, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers,

-DS 156, ds156k, DS157

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Timeline

I-129f instruction

K-1 Guide

Also for the interview, include Police Clearance from abroad if you lived there for at least 6mos.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Timeline

do i need to have my birth certificate and cenomar stamped at malacanang?

No. You will just get them from NSO. They're printed in a special type of paper.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Petitioner

Check $340

129F Form

G325A and 2x2 photo (both of you)

Divorce decree all pages

Evidences of meeting in person

-pics

-passport stamps all pages or Birth Cert

-tickets

-itinerary

-hotel receipt

-credit card statements

-G1145

Advisable but not really a requirement: Letter of Intent (both party), Cover letter, etc

After 3-5mos and approval

For your interview

-NBI (travel abroad)

-Cenomar

-annulment paper if married before

-Divorce decree (again)

-BC (NSO)

- Evidence of ONGOING RELATIONSHIP phone bills letters, chat etc, remittance receipt

- Affidavit of support niya then attach ITR 1040, W2 BAnk Statement, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers,

-DS 156, ds156k, DS157

Love you to death Teapot. But, Corrections.. Many..

There is No indication of the OP's timeline so we don't know the stage of the process. (For them at this time, so it would be assupmtions)

Several times I have seen you list "Insurance" What. The Petitioner is not required to carry Property and Causualty. Life and Heath as well. Where did you read that ? That would confuse the hell out of me.

I find several things totally incorrect but, HUGS. We don't know it all and neither do I. Keep talking GIRL

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

There is No indication of the OP's timeline so we don't know the stage of the process. (For them at this time, so it would be assupmtions)

Several times I have seen you list "Insurance" What. The Petitioner is not required to carry Property and Causualty. Life and Heath as well. Where did you read that ? That would confuse the hell out of me.

I find several things totally incorrect but, HUGS. We don't know it all and neither do I. Keep talking GIRL

I agree that's the total assumptions 3-5mos time..6mos the worst. Yeah its case to case basis and nobody knows everything here.

Am i right that if the W2 and ITR are enough (125 percent of poverty guidelines) no need for other back up papers like bank statements etc?

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

am i right that if the W2 and ITR are enough no need for other back up papers like bank statements etc?

Yes. You are RIGHT Sis

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

thank you thank you for responding =) everyone's response is greatly appreciated! i'm so thankful i found this forum. thank you again!!! =)

umm... question =) what are these exactly: ITR 1040, W2 BAnk Statement, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers, DS 156, ds156k, DS157....

based from your conversations, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers are not really required? did i understand it correctly? =)

the others i'm not sure what they are? i will also ask my fiance if he knows what these are =)

thank you again to the both of you for helping =)

I agree that's the total assumptions 3-5mos time..6mos the worst. Yeah its case to case basis and nobody knows everything here.

Am i right that if the W2 and ITR are enough (125 percent of poverty guidelines) no need for other back up papers like bank statements etc?

yes you will need your birth certificate and cenomar from NSO its the National Statistic Office in the Philippines and not in malacanang. you dont have to send the original with your application for K1 but you will need your original on the interview day in the US embassy.

yes you will need those emails, chats and pictures, put information on the back of the pictures such us names of the people, event, place and date it was taken

the chats and emails to prove your ongoing relationship before and after you met in person.

thanks for your reply, too. i got confused the past 2 weeks coz 3 people said different things. i know i have to get both the birth cert and cenomar at nso. but one is saying it needs to be stamped at malacanang. teapot replied earlier and said there was no need. and i believe you just confirmed that, too. everyone's been so helpful. i didn't expect a response this fast! =) thank you =)

do you have any other tips to give? =) i would greatly appreciate even more =) once again, thank you so much =)

yes you will need your birth certificate and cenomar from NSO its the National Statistic Office in the Philippines and not in malacanang. you dont have to send the original with your application for K1 but you will need your original on the interview day in the US embassy.

yes you will need those emails, chats and pictures, put information on the back of the pictures such us names of the people, event, place and date it was taken

the chats and emails to prove your ongoing relationship before and after you met in person.

Timeline

umm... question =) what are these exactly: ITR 1040, W2 BAnk Statement, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers, DS 156, ds156k, DS157....

based from your conversations, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers are not really required? did i understand it correctly? =)

the others i'm not sure what they are? i will also ask my fiance if he knows what these are =)

thank you again to the both of you for helping =)

forms..click here

or search those forms in yahoo or google to see changes and updates, you'll see how they look like.

They are not required if your fiance can prove that he's earning enough to support you and other dependents if there's any. His ITR and W2 can tell.

I am still waiting for my approval so I am doing all the research and reading I can to kill time. I'm now on my 3rd month of waiting for my approval.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

oh ok. hmmm... he's not really earning enough. but he gets a check from the government every month. $1400 to be exact. and he doesn't own a property. he rents and just owns a car. will an affidavit of support from my uncle help? my uncle and his wife are earning pretty well.

forms..click here

or search those forms in yahoo or google to see changes and updates, you'll see how they look like.

They are not required if your fiance can prove that he's earning enough to support you. His ITR and W2 can tell.

Timeline

forms..click here

ds156 should be filled out online and it should have a bar code.

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.