Dar&Shan

TIME BETWEEN PACKET 3 AND 4

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For all of my VJ peeps going through Montreal recently, would you mind posting the time it took from sending off your packet 3 and receiving packet 4? :clock:

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For all of my VJ peeps going through Montreal recently, would you mind posting the time it took from sending off your packet 3 and receiving packet 4? :clock:

You can go to similar timelines, filter out everything except your country and Montreal and get an idea of all the latest ones... . Good luck! I'm guessing anything from two weeks to a month but ... more like two or three weeks?

Timeline

You can go to similar timelines, filter out everything except your country and Montreal and get an idea of all the latest ones... . Good luck! I'm guessing anything from two weeks to a month but ... more like two or three weeks?

Thanks frosti-I'm losing my mind with all of the different stages of WAITING :bonk::girlwerewolf2xn::lol:

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20110610/e/NOA+1/dt/-1/k/39bf/event.png[/image]

[/link]

You don't have to wait for physical packet 4 to come. If you call DOS and they tell you that packet 3 was logged and you are eligible for an interview, you can start trying to book your interview. My packet 4 came about 3 weeks after my packet 3 was logged.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

You don't have to wait for physical packet 4 to come. If you call DOS and they tell you that packet 3 was logged and you are eligible for an interview, you can start trying to book your interview. My packet 4 came about 3 weeks after my packet 3 was logged.

[/quote

Yes, I knew we could do that. But I have gotten messages from people on here that say they didn't receive packet 4. So, I'm confused about if you don't receive it, how can you have the letter to take with you to the medical or to your interview?

[/link]

Both Kenny and I got the packet 4 letter. His actually got to him a few days before I got mine. I haven't seen anyone that didn't have their packet 4 letter before their medical or interview.

Timeline

Me and my fiancee did ours through Vancouver, but I'll echo that I don't think you need a packet 4. All it is is a letter telling you the webpage where to schedule your interview. We got ours about 1 week after packet 3.

All you need to schedule your medical is a letter with your case number on it which should be MON#######. Ours was included on our packet 3. I also as the USC received a letter in the mail even before my fiance got packet 3 with the case number on it that should work. As long as you have a case number, you should be able to schedule an interview.

Me and my fiancee did ours through Vancouver, but I'll echo that I don't think you need a packet 4. All it is is a letter telling you the webpage where to schedule your interview. We got ours about 1 week after packet 3.

All you need to schedule your medical is a letter with your case number on it which should be MON#######. Ours was included on our packet 3. I also as the USC received a letter in the mail even before my fiance got packet 3 with the case number on it that should work. As long as you have a case number, you should be able to schedule an interview.

Packet 4 from Montreal is a letter telling how to schedule the interview and medical. MTL are the first three letters in the Montreal case numbers. At the medical in Toronto or Montreal proof of the packet 4/letter is needed at the time of the medical. Vancouver does things a little different than Montreal...too bad because Vancouver's system is so much more efficient.

Jeannie, thanks for the correction and differences between consulates. OP, please ignore my advice : )

My fiancee is from Winnipeg and we could pick either consulate. Makes me glad we chose Vancouver...

You were very fortunate to have had Vancouver :-) Montreal is one of the slowest consulates. Vancouver has electronic filing where Montreal still requires that you fill out the forms and mail/courier them back, maybe one day they will catch up :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.