scottnlizzie

best way to ship card and letter

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a US citizen looking to for the "best" way to ship a card and letter to my fiancee in the Philippines. According to UPS, sending the card and letter will cost more than $60. I would think USPS would be cheaper, but I have heard going through the Philipines' government postal system is not recommended. Is Fedex or DHL considerably cheaper than UPS? Any ideas?

K1 visa - NOA1 - September 19, 2011

K1 visa - NOA2 - March 2012???

Timeline

How fast you want to get it there? Or is time Not important?

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Sorry, yes it might help if I put how long I'd like it to take to get there. I'd like it to take about a week to get there, but I suppose 2 weeks would be alright.

Timeline

Sorry, yes it might help if I put how long I'd like it to take to get there. I'd like it to take about a week to get there, but I suppose 2 weeks would be alright.

Do you have a "LBC" in your Area? it would cost you 14.60 for 2 pounds and a card and letter would certainy weigh much less so you could also add more if you choose to but certain things you cant add in their Pouch. You need to contact them for more information and certainly if they service your Area. Although they National and Filipino cargo company. I forgot to add it would take 7-10 days to get there depending on where in the Pi you sending it to. :thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Do you have a "LBC" in your Area?

I found LBC's website, but have not yet found where their U.S. drop-off locations are.

Edited by scottnlizzie

Timeline

I always send thru USPS. I think its registered mail? I'm not sure if i have the right name. I have a tracking # with my receipt. Reasonable price. Reasonable delivery time.

Ok, well this may be my best option. I was told that the Philippines postal system had long delays. If your items are being received within reasonable times, then it must not be true about the Philippines postal system.

Timeline

I dont know their 1-800 Number but here is a couple of numbers in my area. they might be able to give you info for your area?

909-799-1801----------- Loma Linda California

909-944-9010-----------Rancho Cucamonga Calfornia. I have also sent many letters USPS. Usually take about lil over 2 weeks and it costs just .98 cents. Good Luck!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

No LBC stores in my state unfortunately. I will mail it on Monday using USPS. Thank you everyone for your help.

Timeline

No LBC stores in my state unfortunately. I will mail it on Monday using USPS. Thank you everyone for your help.

Good Luck!! :thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Here is FedEx's quote:

Package and Shipment Details Help Edit

Package Details: 1 package, lbs, FedEx Envelope, 0.00 USD.

3. Rates and Transit Times Help

Amounts are shown in USD

Select Delivery Date/Time Service Rates

In the shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx International Next Flight®

Thu Dec 8, 2011 5:00 PM FedEx International Priority® 63.84

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:00 PM FedEx International Economy® 89.38

Filed: Other Timeline

Good day,

If it's just a "card and letter" you're sending, I've found that the USPS (United States Postal Service) has ALWAYS been the cheapest. ? I routinely send cards and letters to my fiance and sending a standard greeting card with all my mushiness taking every last inch of space inside only costs me $1.00/USD postage.

If you have the option, I've gotten much better results and quicker delivery by having my cards, letters, and even packages delivered to her place of work since they allow that. I've always thought that since it was being sent to a "business" it was delivered much quicker as opposed to delivery to some of the more remote, rural barangays.

Cheers!

I'm a US citizen looking to for the "best" way to ship a card and letter to my fiancee in the Philippines. According to UPS, sending the card and letter will cost more than $60. I would think USPS would be cheaper, but I have heard going through the Philipines' government postal system is not recommended. Is Fedex or DHL considerably cheaper than UPS? Any ideas?

Timeline

Good day,

If it's just a "card and letter" you're sending, I've found that the USPS (United States Postal Service) has ALWAYS been the cheapest. ? I routinely send cards and letters to my fiance and sending a standard greeting card with all my mushiness taking every last inch of space inside only costs me $1.00/USD postage.

If you have the option, I've gotten much better results and quicker delivery by having my cards, letters, and even packages delivered to her place of work since they allow that. I've always thought that since it was being sent to a "business" it was delivered much quicker as opposed to delivery to some of the more remote, rural barangays.

Cheers!

:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Good day,

If it's just a "card and letter" you're sending, I've found that the USPS (United States Postal Service) has ALWAYS been the cheapest.

Yes I thought USPS was the cheapest but I was concerned with the Philippines postal system botching the job. It appears my worries about their postal system are unfounded.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.