amyandjorge

Interview Date?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Case Complete at NVC November 2. According to DHL website (info from previous posts) our packet probably arrived at US embassy in Tegucigalpa 2 weeks later. So it has probably been in embassy over a week, we have been calling the embassy everyday but can't get through to talk to anyone (leaving messages etc). My question is, is it helpful to keep calling to find out interview date? The problem is the final packet that my husband is expecting in the mail will be arriving at an address where he no longer lives. We have arranged for him to pick it up when it arrives but might not find out exactly on the day. And I want to buy a plane ticket to go and am anxious (holiday travel :blink: ) From what I've been hearing, Tegucigalpa lets people know about their interview date about a week in advance...

Thanks in advance for advice.

Timeline

Hello, reading your post, i see that you been waiting, as far as i know the NVC will send you and email the day or the next day after you get an interview (that's what they told me) if you have an email address registered with the NVC, if you don't i recommend you to call the nvc and give them an email address, that way you don't have to worry about getting things on the mail, the NVC will send your interview papers via email on a .pdf file so you can print it, and get ready, now the embassy does not nothing about your case until the nvc schedule and interview and send your case to them, that's why you will be the first to know via email. on the other hand the tegucigalpa embassy is loaded (thats what they say) but let me tell you about my case, it was completed on the NVC on September 23 2011, 2 months and still i have not get an interview date yet, i know about other cases of Honduras that are still waiting, and if you call the NVC they will tell you the same thing, this is frustrating i hope you get it soon, but like i been doing , call the nvc they will give you details and to give them an email address to contact you they love emails. please let me know of any news on your case .

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi, to all you from Honduras that already went to an interview I have a quick question...I am trying to have things ready for whenever we have an interview (we are still waiting for a reply form USCIS and we filed 5 months ago) but I dont know how to get the police certificate...Can I get it in San Pedro or do I have to get it in tegucigalpa. Does it need to be certified by both honduras consulate and us embassy before sending to the nvc? Thanks!

Timeline

Hi, to all you from Honduras that already went to an interview I have a quick question...I am trying to have things ready for whenever we have an interview (we are still waiting for a reply form USCIS and we filed 5 months ago) but I dont know how to get the police certificate...Can I get it in San Pedro or do I have to get it in tegucigalpa. Does it need to be certified by both honduras consulate and us embassy before sending to the nvc? Thanks!

Hi, hope you get response soon, you have to get the police certificate from La DGIC in tegucigalpa, it takes about 8 days after you requested and pay a fee, you have to write a letter to the director stating that you want it for embassy purposes and a copy of an id (La cedula), but let me tell you something you can go with the taxi guys in from of the DGIC building they can help you get it faster they know a lot of people inside, just ask them you will see, you don't have to certify it, once you have it just send it to the NVC when you send all the papers to them, it is valid for 6 months so calculate the time, get it when you need it. you want things faster fallow the Lingche nvc shortcut guide it is good. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline

Hi, hope you get response soon, you have to get the police certificate from La DGIC in tegucigalpa, it takes about 8 days after you requested and pay a fee, you have to write a letter to the director stating that you want it for embassy purposes and a copy of an id (La cedula), but let me tell you something you can go with the taxi guys in from of the DGIC building they can help you get it faster they know a lot of people inside, just ask them you will see, you don't have to certify it, once you have it just send it to the NVC when you send all the papers to them, it is valid for 6 months so calculate the time, get it when you need it. you want things faster? fallow the Lingche nvc shortcut guide it is good. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Also another tip that may save you problems is that: marriage certificate, birth certificate of the beneficiary and birth certificate of the petitioner (if from Honduras) have to be requested from El registro Nacional de las personas, in the long form known as FORMA LITERAL they know. Go to the Tegucigalpa embassy website it has a lot of usefully info.

Timeline

Hi, hope you get response soon, you have to get the police certificate from La DGIC in tegucigalpa, it takes about 8 days after you requested and pay a fee, you have to write a letter to the director stating that you want it for embassy purposes and a copy of an id (La cedula), but let me tell you something you can go with the taxi guys in from of the DGIC building they can help you get it faster they know a lot of people inside, just ask them you will see, you don't have to certify it, once you have it just send it to the NVC when you send all the papers to them, it is valid for 6 months so calculate the time, get it when you need it. you want things faster? fallow the Lingche nvc shortcut guide it is good. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Also another tip that may save you problems is that: marriage certificate, birth certificate of the beneficiary and birth certificate of the petitioner (if from Honduras) have to be requested from El registro Nacional de las personas, in the long form known as FORMA LITERAL they know. Go to the Tegucigalpa embassy website it has a lot of usefully info.

Thanks Neto11! I hope we get to hear from them soon. At least for now my husband(american) is living in honduras for a the school year. I hope we have my papers by june which is when he would have to go back to the states. If you can give me any more helpful info I would really appreciate it!!!!

Do you guys have an interview date yet??? How long was it from the moment you sent your papers to the USCIS until they contacted you for the next step?

Timeline

No problem, if you have any concern I am happy to help, I'm from San Pedro , good news is that my wife got interview date for the end of January so it took about two months after case completed , to finally get an interview date, what I ear is that the embassy is work loaded, that's why is taking longer than usual, but feels good when you have a date.

Timeline

I was worried about this, waiting for an interview around Christmas/New Years. I had a feeling that the embassy was going to be 'loaded' with days off...

neto11 congrats on getting an interview date! Good luck with everything!

Timeline

I was worried about this, waiting for an interview around Christmas/New Years. I had a feeling that the embassy was going to be 'loaded' with days off...

neto11 congrats on getting an interview date! Good luck with everything!

Thankyou amyandjorge , hope you will be getting your interview date soon .

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I called NVC Monday morning, they said they were scheduling for January this week and I should call back end of this week or beginning of next. Received an email in the afternoon, we are scheduled for January 30! Almost three full months after case complete.

:D

Timeline

I called NVC Monday morning, they said they were scheduling for January this week and I should call back end of this week or beginning of next. Received an email in the afternoon, we are scheduled for January 30! Almost three full months after case complete.

:D

Congratulations!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks Neto11! I hope we get to hear from them soon. At least for now my husband(american) is living in honduras for a the school year. I hope we have my papers by june which is when he would have to go back to the states. If you can give me any more helpful info I would really appreciate it!!!!

Do you guys have an interview date yet??? How long was it from the moment you sent your papers to the USCIS until they contacted you for the next step?

Hi fromsps, did you get any response from USCIS yet? if you did i hope you went to the link i gave you in other post, the instructions will make you fly by nvc, the key is having everything ready on time, if you need any advise please let me know i will be happy to tell you by experience and lots of resources. good luck

Timeline

Hi fromsps, did you get any response from USCIS yet? if you did i hope you went to the link i gave you in other post, the instructions will make you fly by nvc, the key is having everything ready on time, if you need any advise please let me know i will be happy to tell you by experience and lots of resources. good luck

Hey Neto! Yes we have receive news from the uscis. Dec 29 we got an email saying our i-130 has been approved and being transferred to the NVC. So what comes next??? I am not sure if we should call the NVC and see if we have been assigned a case number. I didnt quite understand that part of the guide you sent me. I have all the papers needed for the nvc ready. Let me know what you did at this point. We cant wait to finally have an interview date!

Timeline

Yikes, after reading this forum my good mood turned into a bad one, uggghhhhh almost 3 months for an interview in Teguc??? incredible, we are in the NVC stage since Dec. 8th and have no news what so ever, I called them last week and they said to call this week because a supervisor has our file, hmmmmm???? I wonder about this....well, seguir waiting.... :(

Timeline

Hey Neto! Yes we have receive news from the uscis. Dec 29 we got an email saying our i-130 has been approved and being transferred to the NVC. So what comes next??? I am not sure if we should call the NVC and see if we have been assigned a case number. I didnt quite understand that part of the guide you sent me. I have all the papers needed for the nvc ready. Let me know what you did at this point. We cant wait to finally have an interview date!

Ok by now your case must be at nvc so next step is to get a case number. Call NVC at 1 (603) 334-0700. Put this number on speed dial…it’s often busy, and you’ll use it a LOT. Use the automated phone system of nvc to get your NVC case number using your USCIS case number, then the automated message will tell your Case number (have a pen ready) if you get nothing from the automated voice then call again and try with a live operator they are very nice people. (most cases jeje)

2.Once your case number has been assigned call back and speak to an operator. Give them an e-mail address for you and for your spouse. From then on NVC will e-mail you any correspondence. Email is the faster way to get everything done with them, they will email you everything. ( take advantage of technology).

Next they will generate the form DS-3032 (form of choice of agent) this is a form than has a barcode wich is your case number in a format of a barcode wich the aplicant (the beneficiary) will fill to chose who is going to get the paper work could be you (the petitioner) or a lawyer (if you pay for one) ok, they will send it via email on a .pdf file to print it, and complete it, and sent it back to NVC at the address via mail or scan it and send it via email, they will comfirm when they accept it.

this process of the ds-3032 take patience, because your case has to be totally input on the system to be generated by them to sent it to you, you can generate it your self to have it ready if you want to go faster you can create a bar code of your case number and paste it on the ds-3032 (downloable from travel.state.gov) and fill it and send it a the rigth moment. but if you dont want to go with that hazle then with until they send it to your wife.

3- the other step is to pay for the visa fee, NVC has an online system where you can pay but you have to get an ID number (called IIN invoice identification number) from a live operator. but easy

lets first get your NVC case number then we can jump to next ill be happy to assist you, let me know if you are ready

but this is what you can try:

1- call NVC and get your case number

2- ask the operator if he or she can give you the IIN (invoice identification number ID) if they have (i think by now they have it)

3- and ask if they have generated the form ds-3032 (you never know does nor hurt to ask)

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.