drewmd

$25 civil surgeon fee for I-693 in sacramento area

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read about some people here having trouble finding a civil surgeon, I guess the costs is the main concern. But Im lucky enough to find a good doctor that only charges me $25 to do my I-693, I thought i'l need more shots but the doctor said Im good. Their shots here are pretty cheap as well and the best part is they wont charge you or give you anything you don't really need. So if anyone here from the east side of sacramento or near fair oaks/citrus heights and looking for a civil surgeon Call this number (916) 961-3084 , Im not sure if its proper to write the doctors name here so i just wrote the telephone number, you need to call to get an appointment anyways. Hope this help anyone.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes it's ok to post the name of the doctor, there's a thread about decent CS recommended by VJ members for the benefit of VJ members.

You were fortunate to have found a CS that didn't try to fleece you.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks. This info is for Dr. Li. I just used him and it was easy. I will say when I first called the receptionist seem to not know about the K-1 visa as she told me I still needed to get the full medical exam done even though I said I didn't think so. I decided to call some other doctors (about 5) and ALL of them either told me that I needed the full exam or that it would be $150+ regardless if I got the exam or not. Basically, they many seem to either have not idea of what is required specifically for a K-1 visa or they just don't care and want to rip you off. So after calling a few others and double checking my facts I decided to call Dr. Li's office back since the post here was recent. I told the receptionists I was sure I did not need the exam (in a polite way) so then she said she needed to go talk to someone. When she came back she said I was right and it would only be $25. I was able to even get an appointment for the next day.

When I went it went well. The receptionists took our paperwork. She took it back to the doctor and we did not even have to talk to him. After about 30 min we got it back in the sealed envelope with another copy for us to keep. I think the only reason we even had to wait is because there were a couple of other patients there also and this is just a personal practice so he was the only doctor. Even if we did have to wait longer, the fact he is not trying to rip people off makes him top grade in my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks. This info is for Dr. Li. I just used him and it was easy. I will say when I first called the receptionist seem to not know about the K-1 visa as she told me I still needed to get the full medical exam done even though I said I didn't think so. I decided to call some other doctors (about 5) and ALL of them either told me that I needed the full exam or that it would be $150+ regardless if I got the exam or not. Basically, they many seem to either have not idea of what is required specifically for a K-1 visa or they just don't care and want to rip you off. So after calling a few others and double checking my facts I decided to call Dr. Li's office back since the post here was recent. I told the receptionists I was sure I did not need the exam (in a polite way) so then she said she needed to go talk to someone. When she came back she said I was right and it would only be $25. I was able to even get an appointment for the next day.

When I went it went well. The receptionists took our paperwork. She took it back to the doctor and we did not even have to talk to him. After about 30 min we got it back in the sealed envelope with another copy for us to keep. I think the only reason we even had to wait is because there were a couple of other patients there also and this is just a personal practice so he was the only doctor. Even if we did have to wait longer, the fact he is not trying to rip people off makes him top grade in my opinion!

Nice! Happy for you! i had the same experience as yours when i visit his office but would you believe he's the only doctor i called? We live just few blocks away from Mercy Court so I thought having a civil surgeon around the neighborhood is such a blessing :yes: and paying $25 is awesome! Cheaper than anything else here in CA! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.