VENUE OF MEDICAL EXAMS: AKAI HOUSE,ACCRA-GHANA

APPOINTMENT DATE:20TH DEC,2011

Old Price ghc390->ghc380 now the current price is ghc343

Vaccinations ghc143

Lab,Physical and X Ray=ghc200

Total:ghc343

CHANGES WITH vaccinations: No more vaccinations against Hepatitis B

CHANGES WITH Blood Test: SYPHILIS ONLY no MORE HIV TEST

I OPTED FOR EARLY MEDICALS I called in a week ago, i was told to come two weeks to my appointment date, but i refused simply becos i want to avoid any last minute delays.I went further So i reported at Akai house 9am, on 15th Nov 2011 for my Medicals.

PROCEDURE:

1. I made my payments for physicals, i was asked to sit some where, and wait till am called for my Blood Pressure, Height and Weight.

NB: Anytimes u go for your blood pressure make sure u ask the one reading it, if is the reading is good, if he says no, dont make him record, just tell him you will like to sit and relax a little and come back to get the right reading. I asked if my reading was good and he said yes.

2.I went and pay for my vaccinations, and went to see a nurse who prepared me a vaccination card and i told him that i have taken a Tetanus, shot already on 4th NOv, 2011 cos i step on a nail, so she agreed so it was taken out so that i dont get a double shots, later i told her that i have already done my hepatitis b test,and i brought my vaccination card to back what i was saying that was when she told me hepatitis b vaccine has been taken out.

So i went a made a payment of 143gh and later went to see another nurse who vaccinated me.

Later went for my height and weight, make sure u empty your pockets, fons,keys ect out and stand on the scale

3. PHYSICALS WITH THE DOCTOR:I was asked to go and see the doctor for my physicals.

I said good morning to him and he responded looking at me, first he asked when i sat was:

Medical Doctor Interview:

* How old are you

* Bring your passport

* Do you smoke?

*Do you Drink?

* Have you been admitted in a hospital before, i said YES

*What for? Malaria

* Have you involved yourself in a fight before?

* Have you done any surgery?

EYE TEST: Do you have eye problem? I said NO! Always say no even if you have becos when you say yes he would request that you go and do an eye test some where which will attract another fee.To avoid the time wasting, just say NO.

Confirm Eye Test. he asked me to place one hand in on my eye and requested i mention some letters and numbers on a sheet out, which i passed

Physical Exam: He will ask you to take your shirt and go on the bed NB: Whiles you are doing that he is observing you to make report, to see if you have difficulties, in moving your arms, and also he will ask you to climb the bed, he is still watching.

I laid on the bed and he touched my belly, lungs, used his stethoscope on my chest and quickly asked that i get up and put my shirt on.

4. X RAY: i went down to do my x ray which took like less than 5mins

5. Went back to the reception, where i was told when to pick up my report for my interview.

TIME SPENT: LESS THAN 1HR30MINS

I met a girl who we chat for a while and i got to know she was refused a visa January,and was there for another medical for another appointment based on appeal and i gave her VJ to go and check it, and prepare for it.

So guys that was my journey through my medical exams stage.

I hope this would be useful to some of you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Vaccinations ghc143

I OPTED FOR EARLY MEDICALS I called in a week ago, i was told to come two weeks to my appointment date, but i refused simply becos i want to avoid any last minute delays.I went further So i reported at Akai house 9am, on 15th Nov 2011 for my Medicals.

PROCEDURE:

1. I made my payments for physicals, i was asked to sit some where, and wait till am called for my Blood Pressure, Height and Weight.

NB: Anytimes u go for your blood pressure make sure u ask the one reading it, if is the reading is good, if he says no, dont make him record, just tell him you will like to sit and relax a little and come back to get the right reading. I asked if my reading was good and he said yes.

2.I went and pay for my vaccinations, and went to see a nurse who prepared me a vaccination card and i told him that i have taken a Tetanus, shot already on 4th NOv, 2011 cos i step on a nail, so she agreed so it was taken out so that i dont get a double shots, later i told her that i have already done my hepatitis b test,and i brought my vaccination card to back what i was saying that was when she told me hepatitis b vaccine has been taken out.

So i went a made a payment of 143gh and later went to see another nurse who vaccinated me.

Later went for my height and weight, make sure u empty your pockets, fons,keys ect out and stand on the scale

3. PHYSICALS WITH THE DOCTOR:I was asked to go and see the doctor for my physicals.

I said good morning to him and he responded looking at me, first he asked when i sat was:

* How old are you

* Bring your passport

* Do you smoke?

*Do you Drink?

*What for? Malaria

EYE TEST: Do you have eye problem? I said NO! Always say no even if you have becos when you say yes he would request that you go and do an eye test some where which will attract another fee.To avoid the time wasting, just say NO.

Confirm Eye Test. he asked me to place one hand in on my eye and requested i mention some letters and numbers on a sheet out, which i passed

Physical Exam: He will ask you to take your shirt and go on the bed NB: Whiles you are doing that he is observing you to make report, to see if you have difficulties, in moving your arms, and also he will ask you to climb the bed, he is still watching.

I laid on the bed and he touched my belly, lungs, used his stethoscope on my chest and quickly asked that i get up and put my shirt on.

5. Went back to the reception, where i was told when to pick up my report for my interview.

I met a girl who we chat for a while and i got to know she was refused a visa January,and was there for another medical for another appointment based on appeal and i gave her VJ to go and check it, and prepare for it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Vaccinations ghc143

PROCEDURE:

* How old are you

* Bring your passport

* Do you smoke?

*Do you Drink?

*What for? Malaria

thank you. its helpful. all the best in your interview

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The smoking aspect.... how did it go?

Vaccinations ghc143

PROCEDURE:

* How old are you

* Bring your passport

* Do you smoke?

*Do you Drink?

*What for? Malaria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.