savyandmanny

please help!!! any thoughts

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Does the I-134(affadivit of support) go together in te package with

I-129-f

should i send the I-134 with my I-129f fiance petition?!!!!!

please help!!! any thoughts

Savy and Manny

1990's- We grew up together (childhood friends)

2003- Romantic Relationship

11/2004-Engaged

9/29/06 - I-129F Sent (long way to go 'till my baby comes!)

10/3/06 - I-129F Signed/recieved by TSC

10/16/06 - NOA1

12/21/06 - I-129F Approved - NOA2

1/8/07-NVC gave me case number in DR and sent it to the embassy

Filed: Other Timeline

no, you do not send the I-134 with the petition. You'll need it later when your fiance/spouse goes for the interview at the consulate.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

no, you do not send the I-134 with the petition. You'll need it later when your fiance/spouse goes for the interview at the consulate.

thank you...it helps to know...very much!!

Savy and Manny

11/2004-Engaged

10/16/06 - NOA1

The I-134 is sent by the Embassy once your petition has been approved. Many USCs complete the I-134 once they've received their NOA2 to reduce the time it takes to complete packet 3. You don't want to complete your packet 3 too soon as you want your financial information to be current at the time of filing. You're going through the DR, so you have a LONG wait. Last I heard, 12-18 months after approval for an interview to be scheduled??? The DR-ers can confirm/refute that though...

You posted in the K3 Forum... are you petitioning for a fiance or a spouse?

Jen

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

The I-134 is sent by the Embassy once your petition has been approved. Many USCs complete the I-134 once they've received their NOA2 to reduce the time it takes to complete packet 3. You don't want to complete your packet 3 too soon as you want your financial information to be current at the time of filing. You're going through the DR, so you have a LONG wait. Last I heard, 12-18 months after approval for an interview to be scheduled??? The DR-ers can confirm/refute that though...

Jen

I am a US citizen but my family is from DR (and fiancee)...and I've heard the same...its a long wait...I am in for a treat :P

Savy and Manny

11/2004-Engaged

10/16/06 - NOA1

Jen

I am a US citizen but my family is from DR (and fiancee)...and I've heard the same...its a long wait...I am in for a treat :P

Best wishes to you!

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.