branchamp22

question for canadians regarding birth certificates!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I recently obtained my Canadian birth certificate and it shows it is extracted from official records but I'm unsure if it has the seal of issuing authority on it which is required for the K-1 visa. I'm wondering where in Canada I can get the "seal of issuing authority" How long does it take? Also if anyone has it on they're Canadian birth certificate can you show me what it looks like?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No seal on mine. unless you mean the lightly embossed stamp on the bottom right corner. A huge yellow paper legal size document with birth certificate in the middle area of it. Had red writing on the outer area with all the official stuff. But no " seal " and was accepted just fine. Lists all parents info and extra info ( long form birth cert which is required ).

Make sure to have extra copys made you need it for AOS as well. Also had to bring it for getting the marriage license.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The BC ones have a big seal on the top right side of the certificate. I live in BC and before I got mine I called them and read the description of the type of certificate the K1 visa wanted and they sent me the appropriate one. If you're not sure you could always call them and ask. I'm not really comfortable showing off my birth certificate online though, sorry :x

Besides, I think they're different for each province.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, there should be this clear maple leaf triangle thingy, then Jack Shewchuk's signature and to its right is a stamp that says "Vital Statistics Act" and below it "Certified extract from Registration of Birth filed at Victoria, BC, Canada...

Just make sure that your parents names are on the bottom because they do want your parents names on it (I think it says this in the description of the birth certificate in packet 3)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.