Om&Abo Malik

The dreaded Ap is here

14 posts in this topic

Yuck got this from embassy!!

"A check of our records indicate that the immigrant visa case for Mr. Abobakr is currently undergoing mandatory administrative processing. The time needed to review an individual’s case is difficult to predict."

"By the time Malik’s passport is ready, this process might have been completed for Mr. Abobakr. We will then be able to process his immigrant visa case further."

I am wondering does Ap begin the day of the interview?

(this means it is in washington?) is their a link on DOS site that we can check the progress because the embassy site is still saying no case found?

It seems by reading the reviews that the most recent ones that have gotten AP have had long ones but i would really love to hear from as many of those whose AP went by very fast because i am feeling what so many others have felt before who were in my shoes...like when will this process end.

i really want to be home for thanksgiving :(

and btw there's no luck on names here he has 3 common names. :no:

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

AP can vary big time! Our AP was a little over 3 weeks. I have heard of others of more than a year. You cannot predict which yours will be and the embassy will be little help at all.

Betsy El Sum

AP can vary big time! Our AP was a little over 3 weeks. I have heard of others of more than a year. You cannot predict which yours will be and the embassy will be little help at all.

How can you find out when you're out? When i put my case # in on embassy site then it says it can't find this record?

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

How can you find out when you're out? When i put my case # in on embassy site then it says it can't find this record?

AP is common especially for Egypt. As Betsy said, it varies from the time.

Have your wife call the Dept of State for weekly updates on your AP.

YOUR not the first to have AP and will not be the last, so dont take it personal.

Best wishes for a fast AP.

Beth

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im amother with 2 kids and i got same message when we sent asking about our current situation ,i want u try check your case without CRO so put case number without CRO and tell me what did find as although in in AP as they mentioned i check my case without letters and got amessage saying if no unforcess circumstances i should receive my visa during 2 weeks ....i tried my kids number ,guess what ? its not found ...anyway our bad luck put us in this AP although we are family as u see ....so good luck and tell me what did u find okay

AP is common especially for Egypt. As Betsy said, it varies from the time.

Have your wife call the Dept of State for weekly updates on your AP.

YOUR not the first to have AP and will not be the last, so dont take it personal.

Best wishes for a fast AP.

Beth

Thanks, we were expecting it and support it if it makes america more secure. Hope they get better with the time it takes soon because this is scary and not knowing well torture! :blush:

Im amother with 2 kids and i got same message when we sent asking about our current situation ,i want u try check your case without CRO so put case number without CRO and tell me what did find as although in in AP as they mentioned i check my case without letters and got amessage saying if no unforcess circumstances i should receive my visa during 2 weeks ....i tried my kids number ,guess what ? its not found ...anyway our bad luck put us in this AP although we are family as u see ....so good luck and tell me what did u find okay

i saw your original post on that one and have been trying it both ways.

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas2.html

i dont see any pending cases here :S

You're in a different embassy site then us. we are in cairo embassy. after a brief look at your embassy site i did not see a way to check pending cases. you might want to email them and see if there is a place in the site where you can check for updates or calling dos and expressing your concern about the amount of time its taking but i have seen islamabad is notorious for very lengthy AP and don't know what else to say except hang on.

It took our case about 10 days to be posted on the website. They have to enter it into the system.... GOod luck to you. I am in the same boat. We heard we passed then same thing AP... going on 3 months now.

So sorry and i'm sure inshallah it will end soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.