lovable_louie

Manila Seminar

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone tell me about the seminar my fiancee has to attend before leaving to come to USA? Do i need to attend also? They say no they just need a copy of my passport. Do i myself need any documents? Any one who has already attended this seminar in manila recently could give me any info I would greatly appreciate it. She has her visa now i'm just going back and we are coming back together to start our lives together and i can't wait :-)

Thank you everyone for all the help and support, hand in there it will surely come.

Louie

Mailed I-129F Packet 1/17/06 to TSC registered express mail. Was transfered to Cali.

Received 1/19/06.

Received Signed Return Receipt 1/22/06.

Check Cashed 1/27/06

Received NOA1 today 1/30/06 :-)

Received E-mail from USCIS Petition was approved on April 13, 2006

Received in the mail April 17,2006 NOA2

Received from NVC 5/4/06 Approval Notice. Petition was being forward to the Embassy in Manila :-)

Fiancee Received Packet 3 and Packet 4 together. She is to fill out Packet 3 and bring with her to the Visa Interview. Medical Exam scheduled for (8/30/06) and Interview Date (9/6/06) We are on our way.

Timeline
Can anyone tell me about the seminar my fiancee has to attend before leaving to come to USA? Do i need to attend also? They say no they just need a copy of my passport. Do i myself need any documents? Any one who has already attended this seminar in manila recently could give me any info I would greatly appreciate it. She has her visa now i'm just going back and we are coming back together to start our lives together and i can't wait :-)

Thank you everyone for all the help and support, hand in there it will surely come.

Louie

Try these links:

http://www.geocities.com/aleiana/k1/cfo.html

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm (Manila)

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_cebu.htm (Cebu)

Karel

Louie

I think you wont be needed there!! I have a friend who went here in CFO -Manila just 1 day before her flight to the US!!! LOL!! that was really fasts! What she will bring i think is her passpport and payment. And frmo what I know there's nothing needed from the Petitioner.

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

Timeline

Louie

No, you do not need to attend the CFO Seminar. It is for filipinos going out of the country to live or work. Your fiancee will need her passport and visa she received from the embassy after her interview. The fee, I believe is p400 for the counseling and p400 for the registration.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Louie

No, you do not need to attend the CFO Seminar. It is for filipinos going out of the country to live or work. Your fiancee will need her passport and visa she received from the embassy after her interview. The fee, I believe is p400 for the counseling and p400 for the registration.

Your fiancee will fill up form in the CFO. She needs to know some basic info about you before she go there such as your middle name, your job, birthday etc...

Address:

Good Shepherd Convent

Commission on Filipino Overseas

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation

1043 Aurora Blvd. Quezon City

Philippines

try to go there as early as possible

after she attend that seminar, she needs to go the below address to get the certification:

Citigold Center

1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue

Cor. Osmeña Hway (South Superhighway)

Manila Philippines 1007

I attended last year before I went here.

if u have some question, dont hesitate to ask me.

additional:

dont forget to bring the passport, i think they also need 2x2 photos (not so sure), and some important documents, and provide some photocopies of everything, coz when we went ther,e the photocopy machine shop are so far from that place so its quite hard.

They will want to see copies of any divorce decrees or annulments.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

If your fiancee is 21 or under prepare for a pain in the ###. She MUST have a notarized permisison from both parents and also from herself. We wound up having it done at a lawyers. (BTW- we were K-1)

If you do not have this, you WILL NOT receive your CFO stamp.

I have heard sometime fiancees's under 25 may need this. Best to call CFO ahead of time and be SURE.

If you have a young bride and wait until the day before your flight, you are in big trouble. Best to act VERY early in the game. We did and are thankful we did.

Edited by Pete

Claudeth did her CFO in Cebu the day before her flight here and all went well. The link someone else posted to the CFO website is very helpful, that is what Claudeth used to make sure she had all the proper documents when she too the class. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the best thing to do is give them a call and ask what you need to bring.

my fiance called and he said he was asked to bring his passport/visa, copies of his BC, NBI clearance CENOMAR and some pictures of us.

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Louie

Your fiancee will fill up form in the CFO. She needs to know some basic info about you before she go there such as your middle name, your job, birthday etc...

Address:

Good Shepherd Convent

Commission on Filipino Overseas

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation

1043 Aurora Blvd. Quezon City

Philippines

try to go there as early as possible

after she attend that seminar, she needs to go the below address to get the certification:

Citigold Center

1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue

Cor. Osmeña Hway (South Superhighway)

Manila Philippines 1007

I attended last year before I went here.

if u have some question, dont hesitate to ask me.

additional:

dont forget to bring the passport, i think they also need 2x2 photos (not so sure), and some important documents, and provide some photocopies of everything, coz when we went ther,e the photocopy machine shop are so far from that place so its quite hard.

Ok, I do not get it. If we already have an approved K1 VISA why is the CFO even needed? Is there something from the CFO needs on the Visa or something immigrations needs to let them depart the country? This is not making any sense to me at all. Sounds like another way for the Philippine government to make money. Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

CFO is a requirement of the Philippine government. Your fiancee will not be allowed to leave the country if there is no CFO stamp in her passport.

Ok, but she has left the country before traveling on her passport and that is what confuses me. I guess the immigrations officer will see the K1 Visa and know the CFO is required? Thanks, Payato

Timeline:

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

Timeline

CFO is a requirement of the Philippine government. Your fiancee will not be allowed to leave the country if there is no CFO stamp in her passport.

Ok, but she has left the country before traveling on her passport and that is what confuses me. I guess the immigrations officer will see the K1 Visa and know the CFO is required? Thanks, Payato

I just talked to my fiancee about this CFO thing and this is what she sent me. I hope this helps a little.

CFO- Commission of Filipinos Overseas

CFO Manila Registrants:

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the CFO. Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas.Those who are 12 years old and below are exempt from attending the PDOS.They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

Requirements for Registration

Original valid passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

One (1) passport-size photograph;

One (1) valid identification card with photograph;

Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for CANADA-bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand bound emigrants);

Photocopy of employment contract(for immigrant workers);

Duly completed registration form (downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph);

Payment of the authorized registration fee ; and

Attendance in the PDOS or peer counseling session;

For children 12 years old and below, the following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

One(1) valid identification card with photograph of the proxy; and

Special Power of Attorney or notarized authorization letter from the parent/s/ or guardian/s authorizing the proxy to register the minor children.

Note: After satisfactory completion of the requirements, an emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrant's passport

Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar

Pre-Departure Registration

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas. Those who are 12 years old and below are exempt from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

The registration of Filipino emigrants started in 1981, or a year after the CFO was created. The registration process generates an information resource on Filipino emigrants, which provides reference for policy formulation and program development.

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminars (PDOS)

Country-specific pre-departure orientation seminars are conducted for departing Filipino emigrants to address their adjustment concerns in their destination countries. In these seminars, various topics are discussed such as:

Travel regulations;

Immigration procedures;

Cultural differences;

Settlement concerns;

Employment and social security concerns; and

Rights and obligations of Filipino migrants.

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar Schedule for Emigrants

(CFO Manila)

United States of America and other countries - Mondays to Fridays - 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Schedule of Peer Counseling Sessions for Youth Migrants

(CFO Manila)

All Countries - Mondays to Fridays - 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

MAP SO YOU CAN FIND THE CFO EASILY

REGISTRATION FORM FOR CFO

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

I just talked to my fiancee about this CFO thing and this is what she sent me. I hope this helps a little.

CFO- Commission of Filipinos Overseas

CFO Manila Registrants:

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the CFO. Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas.Those who are 12 years old and below are exempt from attending the PDOS.They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

Requirements for Registration

Original valid passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

One (1) passport-size photograph;

One (1) valid identification card with photograph;

Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for CANADA-bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand bound emigrants);

Photocopy of employment contract(for immigrant workers);

Duly completed registration form (downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph);

Payment of the authorized registration fee ; and

Attendance in the PDOS or peer counseling session;

For children 12 years old and below, the following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

One(1) valid identification card with photograph of the proxy; and

Special Power of Attorney or notarized authorization letter from the parent/s/ or guardian/s authorizing the proxy to register the minor children.

Note: After satisfactory completion of the requirements, an emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrant's passport

Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar

Pre-Departure Registration

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO). Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas. Those who are 12 years old and below are exempt from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

The registration of Filipino emigrants started in 1981, or a year after the CFO was created. The registration process generates an information resource on Filipino emigrants, which provides reference for policy formulation and program development.

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminars (PDOS)

Country-specific pre-departure orientation seminars are conducted for departing Filipino emigrants to address their adjustment concerns in their destination countries. In these seminars, various topics are discussed such as:

Travel regulations;

Immigration procedures;

Cultural differences;

Settlement concerns;

Employment and social security concerns; and

Rights and obligations of Filipino migrants.

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar Schedule for Emigrants

(CFO Manila)

United States of America and other countries - Mondays to Fridays - 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

Schedule of Peer Counseling Sessions for Youth Migrants

(CFO Manila)

All Countries - Mondays to Fridays - 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

MAP SO YOU CAN FIND THE CFO EASILY

REGISTRATION FORM FOR CFO

Thanks, That explains it a little better than the website. But i still think it is an additional money making scheme by the Philippine government as the Embassy and Immigrations folks are already aware and have processed the K1 Visa so she is already accunted for. Aloha, Payato

Timeline:

There are 2 different seminars at CFO. For marriage based visas, you don't go to the predeparture seminar, you go to the Guidance/Counselling seminar. If you attend the predeparture seminar by mistake, you will still have to attend the guidance/counselling session. The posts above are regarding the predeparture seminar and not the guidance/counselling.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.