londonguy

poverty line amount

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thanks again for your words of encouragement and facts that you talk of.

At the end of the day I want the easiest way possible and the one that is not going to catch up with me in a number of years time. :)

I shall have a little look at the links and having read the london US embassy site over and over, im a little clearer.

I think it is nerves that are confusing me and making it harded than it actually is.

I think that i will get my wife to be a sponsor and have her family home the address for all. Employment and money is an issue with us there so i will have to fill in all as $0. I dont wanna put our savings and house here up for asset as it will be hard to do and proove.

Her father can then be a household member on her sponsorship and he can be the one with the money and assets we need. I see that a household of 5 on poverty line graph is well below his $75k a year wage so that should be enough for us to apply

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
thanks again for your words of encouragement and facts that you talk of.

At the end of the day I want the easiest way possible and the one that is not going to catch up with me in a number of years time. :)

I shall have a little look at the links and having read the london US embassy site over and over, im a little clearer.

I think it is nerves that are confusing me and making it harded than it actually is.

I think that i will get my wife to be a sponsor and have her family home the address for all. Employment and money is an issue with us there so i will have to fill in all as $0. I dont wanna put our savings and house here up for asset as it will be hard to do and proove.

Her father can then be a household member on her sponsorship and he can be the one with the money and assets we need. I see that a household of 5 on poverty line graph is well below his $75k a year wage so that should be enough for us to apply

hey london, that's what we're here for---sometimes we all need a little encouragement. I can see you're having brain freeze at the mo, please read the Guide. I know I wrote it and all, but I did so so that all this would be easier to understand when you get to the gov't sites. :)

Now, remember: wifey will *always* be Sponsor #1. London has specific info on the site for people in your situation and how to complete the I-864 with regard to income.

Assets may not be as difficult to deal with as you think.

Real estate: your house is worth X. You owe Y. X-Y=equity=Asset. You need a statement from the mortgage and a valuation from an agent. These are free. I completed my I-864 on virtually all assets.

And then there's Dad, bless his heart. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

thanks again, i am off to bed to release my brain for a while LOL

With the assets lets say, we have £100k equity which equates to more than necessary, but i have to realise it within a year of a visa being granted. That is why i am opting for a skint (broke lol) wife as the sposor and her father as the money side of things............

,,,,,,,still by tomorrow i may have a new idea ....... NOOO i hear you all say!

nite nite

Timeline
thanks again, i am off to bed to release my brain for a while LOL

With the assets lets say, we have £100k equity which equates to more than necessary, but i have to realise it within a year of a visa being granted. That is why i am opting for a skint (broke lol) wife as the sposor and her father as the money side of things............

,,,,,,,still by tomorrow i may have a new idea ....... NOOO i hear you all say!

nite nite

The asset does NOT have to be realized in one year, it must be capable of being liquid within 12 months. You do NOT have to have cash, just the ability to have cash.

Many, many, many London DCFers use their home equity as their asset for the I-864.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline

Thanks for your patience.

Cool, but if we use our assets on her I-864 form, do we value in $ or in £. The form obviously states $.

Our assets i think will cover the poverty line difference easily as house alone is $180,000 equity (already valued this week by estate agent)

Then we still need her father to step up to the plate and sign the I-864a form as we have no residence in the USA and will have to live with her parents at first! He can sign as the "housemember"

Glad it is Friday as i am going off to the pub lol to think long and hard about this visa stuff!

Drink anyone?

Timeline
Thanks for your patience.

Cool, but if we use our assets on her I-864 form, do we value in $ or in £. The form obviously states $.

Our assets i think will cover the poverty line difference easily as house alone is $180,000 equity (already valued this week by estate agent)

Then we still need her father to step up to the plate and sign the I-864a form as we have no residence in the USA and will have to live with her parents at first! He can sign as the "housemember"

Glad it is Friday as i am going off to the pub lol to think long and hard about this visa stuff!

Drink anyone?

You value your assets in US$$. I used xe.com and ran the valuation, printed it out and included it with my affidavit. Others have reproted doing the same.

You can then present your own I-864 'as is' and if, during the interview, the CO makes "I don't think so" noises, you can present the -A to include.

Still Friday morning here, but a night at the pub sounds lovely--enjoy!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.