RandyN

Montreal Interviews

173 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi folks – I have been doing that – I call Montreal every day – not sure if it makes a difference as it’s the appointment operators and they say the same thing – no appts available and they don’t know when - they say its random and they don’t’ know when Montreal will release appts (when you call you’re calling Montreals booking agent). They also say “what you see online is what I see here”. Every day I call I try and get info from them and ask questions – hoping someone might give me some info one day. Here’s the number 1-877-341-2441 - options then to select are 1/1/4. You’ll need your MTL case number and verify you and your petitioners names. Usually I don’t have to wait long – makes sense because they’re only answering calls – not booking so it’s never a long wait.

In your email – just be clear and to the point and say or ask whatever you want – sadly you’ll most likely only get a ‘canned’ response – like the one I posted earlier but I’m not giving up – I sent another this morning asking more questions.

I asked if they could put our name on a list so we are ensured a slot when they open and said that it is hard for those of us who work – we can’t be checking online all the time. I also asked if they could give us a specific date that new appts will be released – so we can be prepared to be online – heck I’ll take a vacation day to do it! Has anyone had their petitioners calling their local US politician with this and see if they can assist us? We just started looking for an appt but some of you have been trying for months you say so just wondered if you’ve attempted to contact anyone? They’re there to help right?

The booking system is definitely not easy and from what I can see it is quite possible that depending on timing…………some people may never secure an appt – sad but true.

We can do this – as a group – again if anyone sees an appt it’s so critical that you post something here right away – so at least us VJers get appointments. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the more of us flooding them with calls and emails may help! I pray it does! I am checking constantly..All day at work..all hours of the night. It is exhausting!

I waited for 2 months and then they only open up 10 DANG APPOINTMENTS! I was gone from work to lunch! They have GOT to KNOW that there is triple that waiting and more and more adding to the list every day. I do no think the first click first serve is nice at all. Some people wait months and get NOTHING and other only a week or so. So not fair.

If it happens again and I do not get one I am going to be so shattered. How many times can someone miss out. Not fair! My fiance has been gone for 16 months!

I think I am done with my little rant. LOL.

I know WE all KNOW how hard this process is on out hearts. Praying for some mercy soon :)

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

Timeline

This is the email I will send....

To whom it may concern:

On (day,date) We, as a couple, began the process of booking our interview appt. We have satisfied all of the visa application requirments. We have received packet 3 and 4 instructions and have satisfied all of these requirements. For the past( number of days) we have been diligently attempting to book an appt. as per the instructions in packet 4. We spend hours every single day in our attempt to book an online appt. Every attempt is met with the following response from the consulate..." There are no available appointments at this time."

We are a working couple. We also have many daily responsibilities. It is both frustrating and unacceptable to be spending our valuble time sitting in front of a computer and repeatedly clicking the "refresh" button.

The purpose of this email is to request a written explanation from the consulate, outlining the reasons why we are unable to book our appointment.

Sincerely,

??? Does anyone know the email address to send this to?

Timeline

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

I <3 MARC

0gIzm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been calling the booking system as well, I thought you were talking about the embassy itself...as you say I just keep asking questions, some do give you a little more info, but not much. Hoping someone will give me something useful. I've emailed the embassy as well and get the exact same response you got before. I'm in the same boat as you, been trying for 2 months and missed the last appointments because of an eye appointment...I don't know what I will do if I miss out with the next group. I have a 2 year old daughter that I want to be able to see her Daddy for Christmas...plus New years is our 10 year anniversary so it would be nice to be together. Its absolutely ridiculous that we are all being held up with this stupid clicking, my daughter HATES the laptop and tries to close it on me all the time because she wants me to play with her not be refreshing and checking and refreshing.. :( Why don't they understand that these are peoples lives they are playing with!!!

Timeline

Aww.. So sad! I have two children as well from a previous marriage. Things are just as hard on them as they are on me. They LOVE Marc and he loves them as his own. Everyone has a different story..all just as heartbreaking as the next :(

I just emailed them also..

Erin & Marc... thank you!! I'm on this!!

Okay guys, let's start right now. Let's send tons of emails every day to inundate them!! Or, everytime we hit refresh, let's shoot them an email :lol:

Ahahhahah! Everytime we hit refresh would be an INSANE amount!!! ROFL! LOVE IT!

I <3 MARC

0gIzm5.png

Timeline

I'm thinking maybe if we all send basically the same letter (with different reasons ie. work, children, etc) they will get the point that we are not just individuals but a group! Maybe it will have more impact...?

Thats right, everyone has a different story equally as important!! Its not fair, these are peoples lives!!!

Timeline

!!!!!!!!!!NEW FLASH!!!!!!!!!

Gary and I will be sending our first email withing the next 5 minutes. We will continue to inundate the consulate with the same email on a daily basis until we get out appointment!! We encourage all of you to do the same...every time you refresh, send an email!! This is a grassroots movement against the bureaucracy and it is our RIGHT as citizens. See you in Montreal!! :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Way to go everyone!! We're going to get there - we will and if we're same days boy what a celebration we'll have. I've just sent an email asking them if they release these "random" blocks of time during regular business hours - Monday - Friday and if so what are those hours. Asked them if they release weekends or during the middle of the night - would allow us to relax a bit with the refresh if we knew it was only during regular business hours. I'll let you know when and what they respond with. They'll wonder what hit them with all these emails.........:)

Timeline

I am trying to write to the US-Canada Ambassador David Jacobson but my computer will not allow me to open the email link, I'm wondering if someone could go to the site http://blogs.ottawa.usembassy.gov/ambassador/ and click on the via email link and then post the address here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.