brooklynbrit

ANY BRITS IN ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

8 posts in this topic

It has been 12 weeks since I was "approved" at my interview so I thought I'd start a thread for those Brits amongst us who are also going through this. We can share coping mechanisms and information on life with AP!

• 2 weeks later...

12 weeks? I would go insane, I already am and its been less than 2 weeks since our approval in London. Have you received any information from the Embassy or DoS?

I thought AP was rare for London. Any details to why you received AP?

I hope both of your cases are resolved quickly.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 05/14/10

CSC

I-130 Sent : 04/04/11

I-130 NOA1 : 04/14/11

I-130 Approved :06/27/11

NVC

NVC Received : 08/03/11

Emailed DS-3032: 08/04/11

Received I-864 Bill :08/09/11

Pay I-864 Bill : 08/09/11

DS-3032 Accepted: 08/09/11

I-864 Marked 'Paid' : 08/10/11

Mail Completed I-864 : 08/11/11

Receive IV Bill : 08/11/11

Pay IV Bill : 08/11/11

Mail IV Package: 08/16/11

I-864/AOS Package Accepted: 08/19/11

False RFE: 08/19/11 (States IV Package is missing - Its there, somewhere)

IV Package Accepted: 08/25/11

Case Completed at NVC : 08/25/11

Interview Date Assigned: 09/12/11

NVC Left : xx/xx/xx

London

Medical: 09/13/11

Consulate Received : xx/xx/xx

Interview Date : 10/14/11

Interview Result : xx/xx/xx

Visa Received : xx/xx/xx

US Entry : xx/xx/xx

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 74 days from your NOA1 date.

12 weeks? I would go insane, I already am and its been less than 2 weeks since our approval in London. Have you received any information from the Embassy or DoS?

Yes, it has been challenging! Literally 90 days since I had my interview, a got an email from the US Embassy asking if I had ever been to West Africa. I responded immediately letting them know that I had not been to Africa, let alone West Africa so I am assuming that in their final security checks they got a name hit and have been doing background checks that I am not the guy with a similar name to me.

Nothing expedites or clarifies why one goes in to AP. We have had congressional offices, emails and everything in between to try and get more information to rationalize the wait to no avail. The only advice I can offer is to just sit tight, wait and wait and wait. Know that with each day that passes, you are a day closer to getting your visa.

Are you still waiting? Have they told you you're in AP?

Yes im interested im a brit- what was there reason for this?

Unfortunately, they don't have to give a reason and in my case they didn't. When my passport didn't get delivered, I followed up with the embassy hotline and they told me I was in AP. No reason or timeline. Since then, I have just been waiting and hoping that it won't be much longer. It has now been almost 14 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw in another post that you are through the AP nightmare. We were not in AP, it was just taking London a long time to issue Ryan's visa. I called DoS every day to see if it had been issued and was told no and they had no other information to give. Several weeks later we were told it had been issued. No idea why it took longer than the standard 10 days. We saw other people who had interviews the same day as us receive their passports back 3 days later.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone in this group still waiting? If so for how long? If it's over how long did it take? My husband has been in AP since October 21, 2011. We are pretty much at the 3 month mark. I am praying it does not take longer but I've read all of the horror stories. For those who have been put in AP through London...does anyone have a muslim background or lived in a muslim country? My husband was born in the UK, is a UK citizen, and lives in the UK now. However, he is a young muslim male and lived in Morocco until he was about 20. He has a common name and has travelled a lot around Europe. I am just curious if there is anyone with a similar situation. If so please share. Thanks!

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Also I have created a poll under the GENERAL POLLS forum - it's called ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING POLL & QUESTIONNAIRE...please if you have finished your AP will you go and fill this out to help the rest of us? Thank you so much! :)

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.