rica30

Preparing for med exam at St Lukes

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys! We (me and my 5-month-old) are having our medical exam done this week! Most likely 2 days from now. Any last advice?

What time should we arrive St. Lukes Ermita (Manila, Philippines)? I called in earlier and they say they open at 6am. Should we still come in earlier tho? I am so nervous cause it's not easy bringing a baby along especially when you're expecting a long wait / long day ahead.

Hi guys! We (me and my 5-month-old) are having our medical exam done this week! Most likely 2 days from now. Any last advice?

What time should we arrive St. Lukes Ermita (Manila, Philippines)? I called in earlier and they say they open at 6am. Should we still come in earlier tho? I am so nervous cause it's not easy bringing a baby along especially when you're expecting a long wait / long day ahead.

I think you will find this thread helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/

GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

I think you will find this thread helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/

GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

Thanks for that. Have you done your medical? What time did you arrive?

Anyway, regarding setting an appointment, I did mine yesterday and it took more than 6-8hours (I think) before I could schedule myself. I called an operator earlier that day and she said I should just schedule it the next day as it takes time for the system to input the payment. But I badly wanted to make an appointment ASAP so I just kept trying until it finally came in. That was already night time hehe. I hope you get to schedule yours today! =)

Anyway, regarding setting an appointment, I did mine yesterday and it took more than 6-8hours (I think) before I could schedule myself. I called an operator earlier that day and she said I should just schedule it the next day as it takes time for the system to input the payment. But I badly wanted to make an appointment ASAP so I just kept trying until it finally came in. That was already night time hehe. I hope you get to schedule yours today! =)

i arrived 7:30 am. since Thursday and Friday don't have much people. they said its not good if your going there monday.. coz too much people. but if you come early they allowed you to go inside of the building for your safety.. goodluck to your medical.. drink sterilized milk.. it will big help..

i arrived 7:30 am. since Thursday and Friday don't have much people. they said its not good if your going there monday.. coz too much people. but if you come early they allowed you to go inside of the building for your safety.. goodluck to your medical.. drink sterilized milk.. it will big help..

Thanks for that. I am planning to go tomorrow but only if they accept walk-in patients at lunch time / noon. If not, then I will go on Wednesday morning. The reason I am in a hurry is because I am expecting my monthly period soon and they say I can't have the test done if I have my period, must do med exam A WEEK AFTER monthly period. That's going to delay us yet again and I am hoping to get everything done soon. Oh well. I hope all goes well!

You're welcome! :) Not yet! I'm hoping I could schedule it within the next week or two. :( I'm planning to be there maybe by 5am or 6am so I can hopefully get an early number and have plenty of time in the day for possible problems!

:wow: 6-8 hours?! Anyway, what is 6-8 hours after waiting months for this to come, right?

Thanks for the day tip! Maybe I should get Tuesday or Wednesday then. Was it fast when you did yours? Will it really take 2 days?

What's the sterilized milk for? :blink: I'm thinking Bear Brand here. :P

You're welcome! :) Not yet! I'm hoping I could schedule it within the next week or two. :( I'm planning to be there maybe by 5am or 6am so I can hopefully get an early number and have plenty of time in the day for possible problems!

:wow: 6-8 hours?! Anyway, what is 6-8 hours after waiting months for this to come, right?

I believe the milk is for the chest x-ray, as it is believed to clean your lungs? Doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks for the day tip! Maybe I should get Tuesday or Wednesday then. Was it fast when you did yours? Will it really take 2 days?

What's the sterilized milk for? :blink: I'm thinking Bear Brand here. :P

My husband completed and passed his advanced medical around 2pm Manila time today. I believe he went to St Lukes around 5:00am Monday. He completed the online registration at http://www.slec.ph/ and said it was a breeze having done this. FYI - he's on CR1 visa category.

Today being his second day, they requested he come in at 8:30am for his results. Well, after lots of waiting, immunization, going back and forth to the releasing dept and then heading to 5th floor, then head back to 3rd floor, then 1st floor....he finally got his results at 2pm. THANK YOU LORD!

In his case, no appointment was necessary. Not sure if this applies to K1.

Make sure to have ALL the paperwork and copies requested. Good luck to you! :star:

*USCIS JOURNEY* - 96 Days

01/31/11 - Our wedding :-) Manila, Philippines

03/15/11 - I-130 package sent Fedex Priority

03/16/11 - Package delivered - signed by S. BUSH 9:17AM

03/18/11 - NOA1 (Priority Date 03/16/11) - Rec'd Email & text msg 9:15pm CT/CSC

03/21/11 - Able to view case status on USCIS.gov

03/22/11 - $420.00 check cleared bank

03/24/11 - Rec'd NOA1 via regular mail

06/23/11 - called USCIS- petition approved as of 06/20/11! Rec'd NOA2 hardcopy 06/23/11

*NVC JOURNEY* - 28 days - from case # assigned to SIF

07/20/11 - NVC Case # Assigned :-) yay!

07/21/11 - Obtained IIN

07/23/11 - Emailed DS3032 - accepted 07/27/11

07/26/11 - $88.00 AOS fee paid/print barcode 7/29

07/28/11 - $404.00 IV paid//print barcode 08/01

08/08/11 - Sent I-864EZ & DS230 via Fedex Overnite

08/09/11 - NVC rec'd AOS & DS230 @ 9:55am

08/17/11 - NVC SIF/Case Complete! Wooohoo!

08/30/11 - rec'd official NVC interview email

*Medical/USEM Manila/POE*

08/15-16/11 - Advanced Medical St. Lukes - PASSED! Yay!

08/26/11 - Interview set for Oct 4!

10/04/11 - Interview passed

10/06/11 - Passport with visa on hand

10/08/11 - POE - Houston TX

yj8dm5.png

My husband completed and passed his advanced medical around 2pm Manila time today. I believe he went to St Lukes around 5:00am Monday. He completed the online registration at http://www.slec.ph/ and said it was a breeze having done this. FYI - he's on CR1 visa category.

Today being his second day, they requested he come in at 8:30am for his results. Well, after lots of waiting, immunization, going back and forth to the releasing dept and then heading to 5th floor, then head back to 3rd floor, then 1st floor....he finally got his results at 2pm. THANK YOU LORD!

In his case, no appointment was necessary. Not sure if this applies to K1.

Thank you for sharing that link, I just registered. We will do our medical tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won't have my monthly yet!

Make sure to have ALL the paperwork and copies requested. Good luck to you! :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I arrived at 11:30AM and finished first than those who arrived at 6AM. People tend to rush to SLEC at 3-6AM so the line in the morning is usually long. And after they are done at around

9 or 10, there will be fewer applicants left around lunch time. I wasn't in a hurry and went there after the "early birds" finished so I had a lesser waiting period in between tests.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

I just finished with my medical exam. It was a long day, we got there at 9am and finished around 3pm. The online registration helped at first tho! So I suggest everyone does that. We're going back at 1:30pm to get results and hopefully immunization then we're done with the med exam!

Good luck guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.