juan4u2nv

K1 Final Interview in El Salvador

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

HI VJ'ers,

I have a quick question. We are scheduled for our final interview in El Salvador in September. In packet 3 it is mentioned to bring deportation papers to the interview. My fiance does not have her deportation papers with her as she has lost them but has a receipt from within the detention center. In the initial 129F form we put that she was caught trying to enter the US illegally but was sent right back (2 years ago). Do we have to get the paperwork for this and if the USCIS and NVC already checked our backgrounds and approved it to go to the final interview. Can you please help me!

Juan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

HI VJ'ers,

I have a quick question. We are scheduled for our final interview in El Salvador in September. In packet 3 it is mentioned to bring deportation papers to the interview. My fiance does not have her deportation papers with her as she has lost them but has a receipt from within the detention center. In the initial 129F form we put that she was caught trying to enter the US illegally but was sent right back (2 years ago). Do we have to get the paperwork for this and if the USCIS and NVC already checked our backgrounds and approved it to go to the final interview. Can you please help me!

Juan

Juan did you already speak to a lawyer because I though when a person was deported for trying to enter illegal it was a 3 to 5 year ban. I know the uscis already moved your application along but when in the us an agent can block it.

it's just a question because I have no ideal I just though under dose circumstances it was

Edited by clarence954

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Juan did you already speak to a lawyer because I though when a person was deported for trying to enter illegal it was a 3 to 5 year ban. I know the uscis already moved your application along but when in the us an agent can block it.

it's just a question because I have no ideal I just though under dose circumstances it was

HI,

Thanks for the update. It was a catch and release which is a one year ban which she has already fulfilled. We spoke to a lawyer about it but do not have the actual documentation for it.

Thanks

Even if it were a 3 or 10 year ban, they may qualify for a I-601 waiver. If it was only a catch and release she wouldnt have documentation would she? So long as it was a catch and release it should be fine. If it were a formal removal then I would have the documents - request them via FOIA.

08/08/08 Married

11/22/11 Interview in San Salvador

11/29/11 Submitted I-601 waiver

04/16/12 Submitted expedite request

04/18/12 Expedite request approved

05/17/12 I-601 waiver approved

05/27/12 DH enters US as LPR

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.