Crazyaboutyou

PCC from Reg Passport Office Kolkata, India

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

PCC refers to Police Clearance Certificate ..there is noithing like Passport Clearance Certificate...can you please tell us how you got your Police Clearance Certificate ..would really appreciate.

Wrong information, there is a Passport Clearance which is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs - Regional Passport Office.

Police clearance is issued by Commissioner of Police for Mumbai this is done by Special Branch CID Mumbai.

Do you have any idea how long this "passport clearance" is valid.

I mean, its better to have the ducks in a row, but if they have an expiration date of say 4 months or 6 months, we can time it accordingly.

It is valid for a Year from the date it was issued.

Thanks,

Chigs

Hey,

What is the difference between a Police Clearance Certificate and a Passport Clearance Certificate? I got my Police Clearance Certificate and it has my passport number on it...but I havent done anything about the passport clearance.. my interview is on September 12th.. please advise. Also, I got my passport renewed earlier this year and a police verification was done for the same then why is this required again.

Thanks

I believe if your passport was issued less than 6 months back then you are not required to have a passport clerance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wrong information, there is a Passport Clearance which is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs - Regional Passport Office.

Police clearance is issued by Commissioner of Police for Mumbai this is done by Special Branch CID Mumbai.

I believe if your passport was issued less than 6 months back then you are not required to have a passport clerance.

Not quite correct ...Police Clearence Certificate can be obtained from Reg Passport Office...depends if your passport was issued within 6 months or not

Check out the website: http://passport.gov.in/pms/Police%20Clearance%20Certificate.htm

Timeline

For Calcutta, the request had to be made to the Superintendent of Police. The clearance comes from Intelligence Bureau. The actual home check is made by someone in your local police station serving your residence district.

For the Passport clearance, all they needed was a copy of my marriage certificate and a copy of my husband's US passport.

I never provided nor they asked for my wife's US passport.

They made me fill some extra forms as my Passport was issued by consulate in Houston and not by Mumbai consulate and they acted up as that was some different govt agency that they did not recognize.

But I both of mine by myself and it was not an issue in Mumbai.

Timeline

Not quite correct ...Police Clearence Certificate can be obtained from Reg Passport Office...depends if your passport was issued within 6 months or not

Check out the website: http://passport.gov.in/pms/Police%20Clearance%20Certificate.htm

You do no need Passport Clerance Certificate if your Passport was Issued within 6 months, you are correct upto that point.

But Passport Clearance and Police Clearance are seprate clearance issued by different agency. Regional Passport Office will not give you police clearance inspite both the process kinda follow the similar approach and they do the same things.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I never provided nor they asked for my wife's US passport.

Yeah, for me they asked why I needed the PCC and I said for US marriage-based immigration purposes. So they wanted a copy of our marriage certificate and a copy of Mr. Sachinky's passport page to ID and to ascertain that he was, indeed, a USC. At least, that's what they told me.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If your passport was issued within 6 months..don't bother...you are fine...

I got my passport renewed in January this year so I am outside of 6 months now. I will have to get this ... thanks for the advise.. really appreciate it.

Thanks

Timeline

Yeah, for me they asked why I needed the PCC and I said for US marriage-based immigration purposes. So they wanted a copy of our marriage certificate and a copy of Mr. Sachinky's passport page to ID and to ascertain that he was, indeed, a USC. At least, that's what they told me.

Intersting how the Indian officals ask for different supporting documents, all I told them was I needed passport clearance for immigration to US... lol.

They did not ask for anything other than pp size pics(100s I dont know what govt agencies do with all that pics), fees, form and my passport.

• 1 year later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got PCC from Kolkata, PSK (Ruby). It was simple..I got in line early and the security noted my name and application number. The security comes every 1 hour to note down the details and puts your Q number on the application. After this you can have tea or something as you no longer need to be in line till gate opens. Note: You have to eneter all details online and then take print of the application.

The gate opens at 9am and the security will call the Q number. Only applicant goes inside. The enquiry counter inside sees the documents and gives a file and gives token number. Look at the monitor for token number and go to the cube # for photo and finger print to be taken. The Rs.500 fees is paid here. After this go to other cube, when the token is displayed to get verification done and then go to the C zone to get PCC granted. PCC was given in less than two hours. All verification from Police Station is online.

No photo required: it is taken with finger prints.

Photocopy of 1st two and last two pages of PP. There is photocopy machine inside. Cost is 1.50 /copy.

If the address is same as passport no document is required.

Impressed with the work and speed. In less than 2 Hours and PCC given smile.png

Agent cant do anything, only applicant can go inside.

Visa Approved..yey. Arrived in US.
PD Dec 28 2010

Case Complete Dec 20, 2012.
Imm Visa will be from Mumbai Consulate.
Wife has tourist Visa before our Marriage. In and out of US 2 times after marriage within valid stay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.