suse2010

when green card card comes

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I finally am with my wife, she was able to go thru the interview.

Is there any other forms need to be filed for green card to arrive where we live in US, or that is something automatically taken care of?

She was approved, will she be receiving her card upon her arrival (after submitting the envelope give to her from abroad consular)?

Should I wait for green card to come for social security card or can I just take it now?

Thanks.

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I finally am with my wife, she was able to go thru the interview.

Is there any other forms need to be filed for green card to arrive where we live in US, or that is something automatically taken care of?

She was approved, will she be receiving her card upon her arrival (after submitting the envelope give to her from abroad consular)?

Should I wait for green card to come for social security card or can I just take it now?

Thanks.

Hello,

Congrats!! you are with your wife now!!

I guess you already married at turkey if its so your wife suppose to get her welcome letter GC and SSN in the mail box that you inform..(SSN if you clicked the boxes DS-230 form)

You dont need to apply another forms.You just have to wait at least a month

Could you update ur timeline and also which airport is her POE ?

so i could help you more

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

I was meaning after ur wife POE then u have to wait 3 weeks if you did not received anything you can go to the local SSA office in your area to apply for SSN

for welcome letter and GC if you still did not get it after 3 weeks u can call to the uscis ..

By the way you dont need to worru about GC bec the stamp on ur wife's passport its already a temporary GC sometimes it takes long to get it but as i said u can call to uscis to get more information...

ROC

Timeline

thanks. She entered from JFK, I also reside in NY, so can the delivery for GC and SSN be quicker than 3weeks as you mentioned.

My wife also told that the entry from JFK was almost with no conversation, very easy. she only handed in the envelope given to her from US consular at Turkey, that is all.

Timeline

thanks. She entered from JFK, I also reside in NY, so can the delivery for GC and SSN be quicker than 3weeks as you mentioned.

My wife also told that the entry from JFK was almost with no conversation, very easy. she only handed in the envelope given to her from US consular at Turkey, that is all.

Yes She should received her welcome letter GC and SSN

(For SSN if you clicked the boxes in DS 230 form you will receive it)

if its already has been more than 3 weeks that you did not received welcome letter GC or SSN

You can go to the local SSA office and apply one (SSN)

Sometimes welcome letter and GC takes longer i would say wait for a month if you still did not received then just contact to uscis

I hope she already gave to immigration officer that handed envelope that she got us consular from turkey...when she was POE JFK

Goodluck

Edited by KRj

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.