Dean_De

ITR question :D

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, since I am waiting for my fiance to be online and a bit bored. I decided to make my mind run amock in a good way by trying to participate in a more meaningful discussion here. But ofcourse, just as when I thought I had well educated myself in this visa thing, another question arise :D Just bare with me guys with my inquisitive mind. LMAO here is the QUESTION: My fiance sent me his ITR 2008, 2009, 2010. Well, in that ITR his x wife are still in it. It says filing jointly. His divorce started 2008 and was just finalized march of this year. Will this not be a problem?

Timeline

My ITR had ex on it for 2007 2008 2009 only 2010 was single for me. It was not a problem. If he earns enough income for the guidelines and has W-2 forms for 2010 it should be

ok.Good luck

Thanks..I think he is ok..he earns about 80k annual not including his retirment and disability. he has one dependent this time. his daughter. I do have 4 kids but we are planning to just let them joint to follow. will his income be ok? how about if we plan to bring my kids already?

Timeline

Using I-184 guidelines at 125% above poverty level for 2 dependants (you and his daughter) is $18387. For 6 dependents (4 children you and his daughter) $37487. This is the link for the guidelines. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf So either way it seems you are OK. I wish you both the very best. 5 children and a new relationship. Wow.

Timeline

Using I-184 guidelines at 125% above poverty level for 2 dependants (you and his daughter) is $18387. For 6 dependents (4 children you and his daughter) $37487. This is the link for the guidelines. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf So either way it seems you are OK. I wish you both the very best. 5 children and a new relationship. Wow.

Lmao....so thankful that my fiance is just extraordinary :D So much blessed for his love and continued support all this years. But of course, one reason why I don't bring my kids right away is for me to play part and be responsible enough ones they are get there too. Nt fair enough for him to just take all the burden ( he doesn't like me saying such hhehhehe ) But hey, his daughter is not staying with him. He claimed her as a dependent because he pays for the child support. She doesn't even pay him a visit at his place unless he drive 2 hours just to see her. In the court order, his x wife should bring him every weekend. but she doesn't seem to abide by the order. She claims that the daughter doesn't like to go there and he doesn't wanna force it. I feel bad because of that coz I have a high repect as to how I view the essence of a family :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.