sandzzie

affidavit in lieu of legal capacity to marry

7 posts in this topic

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help!

How do we set an appointment in the US Consulate and can we get the affidavit there?

Thank you so much!!

What do you meant by affidavit? the I-134 affidavit of support? if yes, your petitioner need to provide it and you need to bring it with you during your interview. you can download the form here http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

Edited by Mhayonaise

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

What do you meant by affidavit? the I-134 affidavit of support? if yes, your petitioner need to provide it and you need to bring it with you during your interview. you can download the form here http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

The legal capacity to get married (or also known as the Certificate of Eligibility) is being issued to Americans who want to get married to a Filipina in the Philippines. It is a requirement to get a marriage license.

Hubby scheduled an appointment online through US embassy in Manila website. Booked a flight and went here to get it from the embassy. The consul will provide the affidavit.

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

Please help!

How do we set an appointment in the US Consulate and can we get the affidavit there?

Thank you so much!!

You can set an appointment online, yhang is right with the link posted. http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a "Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license. Below are the instructions for applying for the U.S. Embassy's version of that document.

Obtaining a Legal Capacity to Marry in Embassy Manila are by appointment only. Please read the rules and regulations below before booking your appointment.

In early March, the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy moved into its new building on the Embassy grounds. Public access to the new building will be at a different entrance, but still off of Roxas Blvd. The guards can assist you in finding the new entrance.

Consular Agency, Cebu: Monday through Friday 9:00am – 11:00am

Booking an Appointment for a Legal Capacity to Marry:

Step 1:

Read the information below to ensure that you understand the rules for the "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage."

Step 2:

Book an appointment. Please select “Request notarial and other services not listed above.” Print the confirmation of your appointment.

Step 3:

Please bring your confirmation printout, all divorce decrees or death certificates that show the U.S. citizen is free to marry, and valid U.S. passport to your appointment. Please bring $50 in cash (or Philippine Peso equivalent) or credit card. Due to space limitations, people not needed to witness or sign documents during the notarial service will not be able accompany the applicant to the ACS section and should not come to the Embassy. Fiancées of Americans seeking legal capacities to marry do not need to appear.

You have to get appointment to the embassy,one's u already set the date ,u have to print that bring it when u go to the embassy with your fiancee,your fiancee should bring his passport,divorce paper or death certificate if his widow and then i guess u need to pay not sure how much tho and have to there early..thats what we did before i get married to my hubby coz he is divorce..hope this help you..godbless..

:innocent:

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you so much guys for all the help! I was able to contact the US Consulate in Cebu and it is a first come - first serve basis there and no need to get an appointment unlike in the US Embassy Manila.

Please pray for us guys and thanks a lot! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.